Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I gave up on that app myself...the mobile browser version works well and doesn’t turn my phone into a slow, hot, crawling turd of worthlessness.  I thought upgrading from an iPhone 6 to XR would resolve whatever hardware constraints or jacked up software issues that causes it to run so poorly on my old phone...since it’s still crap, I can confidently state  the experiment proved tapa is worse than the movie Prometheus.  

I gave up on that app myself...the mobile browser version works well and doesn’t turn my phone into a slow, hot, crawling turd of worthlessness.  I thought upgrading from an iPhone 6 to XR would resolve whatever hardware constraints or jacked up software issues that causes it to run so poorly on my old phone...since it’s still crap, I can confidently state  the experiment proved tapa is worse than the movie Prometheus.  
Sounds more like you choose crappy phones. Or ignore advice about not updating Tapa. I haven't updated Tapa in 2 years and have zero issues.

2 hours ago, Modessit said:
12 hours ago, Homercles said:

Read more  

Sounds more like you choose crappy phones. Or ignore advice about not updating Tapa. I haven't updated Tapa in 2 years and have zero issues.

Well notice where I say I’m on my second phone, no way I could avoid updates.  XR should have zero problems with running something like Tapa.  Maybe my profile has AIDS

My ignore looks like the screenshot Pilotserror put up, but I am getting large blank spaces at the “end” of threads. Put that in quotes because according to the post-count at the bottom of the screen, I’m not actually at the end. Pages won’t finish loading even if I refresh. Keep having to click over to we view to finish reading every thread. Just started a couple days ago

It happens to me in any thread that someone I have on ignore posts in.

If you keep scrolling past the white block until you get to another post, it will refresh and then you can scroll back up and the posts will appear.

It started happening when Tapa changed how posts from someone on ignore appears - it used to just have a small area that said something like “this post is from someone you have on ignore, click here to see this post”. Now a post from someone on ignore shows up as a regular post with the username and everything but with the content of the post under a spoiler tag.

It’s annoying as fuck.

• Like 1

If you keep scrolling past the white block until you get to another post, it will refresh and then you can scroll back up and the posts will appear.

It started happening when Tapa changed how posts from someone on ignore appears - it used to just have a small area that said something like “this post is from someone you have on ignore, click here to see this post”. Now a post from someone on ignore shows up as a regular post with the username and everything but with the content of the post under a spoiler tag.

It’s annoying as fuck.

You nailed it. It’s only on thread pages with a blocked poster. So do I deal with the white block or have to read SpiderBananas terrible takes? White block it is.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:37 AM, Bama Chick said:

It’s annoying as fuck.

Blocked

• 1 month later...
that's a tapatalk thing not a surly thing.
Only subscribers can upload images and it's unlimited on our end.
Hmm. I don't upload a lot of pics but I do upload some thru Tapa and I've never seen a limit. But then I'm using an older version so maybe the newer ones have limits?

• 3 weeks later...

I get this when I go to my participated page.

"SurlyHorns

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action"

Same (or similar) message when I try to post a reply on any thread.

I've logged in and out of Tapa several times.

All this since the downtime this week.

Any ideas?

On 4/18/2020 at 5:38 PM, DDD Dad said:

I get this when I go to my participated page.

"SurlyHorns

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action"

Same (or similar) message when I try to post a reply on any thread.

I've logged in and out of Tapa several times.

All this since the downtime this week.

Any ideas?

Finally bit the bullet and re-installed tapatalk.  Seems to be working (i.e., it lets me log in and post) but I can't post photos anymore.

Help?

Finally bit the bullet and re-installed tapatalk.  Seems to be working (i.e., it lets me log in and post) but I can't post photos anymore.

Help?

0ff55a41d2811de71785708a827cd1c0.jpg

Either 1 or 2 wil let you upload a pic from your gallery. 3 will give you similar options, or let you link a photo hosted elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@immamac I see this often and just ignore it. I wonder, though, if Tapa may be causing memory errors elsewhere on your servers if this happens frequently enough. Perhaps a leak (if that’s still even a thing that happens)

319a84417d27c4e0c4d9b1565322c4fc.jpg