Tapatalk

On 7/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm still using 7.4.3 (only as a very occasional backup when Chrome is fucked up for whatever reason) but now in Chrome I'm starting to get a "view in Tapatalk or continue with Chrome" pop up every now and then whenever I open a thread. 

It's as annoying as everything else about Crapatalk, and I wish it would stop, but I don't really give much of a shit either way - just figured that maybe this might provide a clue for solving other more pressing Crapatalk problems. 

Again, not the most pressing issue, but here's a screen capture of this occasional nuisance. All I did was tap on the star to take me to the first unread post and it gave me this unwanted option. 

Fucking Tapatalk. 

Screenshot_20200717-121033_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

App decided I wasn't logged in, and can't log in.  MEssage is CURL: Operation timed out after 5001 miliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received, repeats that, then says Tapatalk authorization verify with no response   Authentication failed, plase login with your username and password.

That's the message I get when I press the "log in" button.  So, no Tapa.  Anyone selse getting that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else get logged out of Tapatalk a lot? Like, reading a thread maybe going back out to the forum then going to a different thread and suddenly you can't reply or give rep or anything. And then you have to get all the way back out to the front page before you can go back in like South Austin's mom?

Doesn't happen with the other board that I'm on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Another thing on the mobile app question. When you click on the “star” to go to the last post read, is it going to the top post on the last page for anybody? In 9.95 which moves fast I noticed earlier I have to go back a few pages and figure out where I left off. What am I doing wrong there? Click on thread on tapa and it knows your last look. 

55 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Another thing on the mobile app question. When you click on the “star” to go to the last post read, is it going to the top post on the last page for anybody? In 9.95 which moves fast I noticed earlier I have to go back a few pages and figure out where I left off. What am I doing wrong there? Click on thread on tapa and it knows your last look. 

you can just click the thread the default behavior is to go to the last post you read.

I used to get those all of the time, but I don’t anymore. I’m on Tapa pro for about 10 years now and it’s never worked better on Surly. There are still times when Tapa won’t show a picture, but I’m on my desktop enough that it doesn’t bother me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...