Tapatalk

Tapa is a million times better when tweets are shown embedded, not the stupid link.

What changed? Is it something w the site? Tapa? Twitter?

In my (very limited) experience running a (tiny) forum, Tapatalk is installed as a mod. On phpbb 3.0 and up you had to install it directly into the mod folder via FTP, though. You could also add other mods such as embedding media automatically. Some play well with tapa and some don’t. Just depends.

However, I’m sure Surly is using a much more robust platform than phpbb, (I think Shaggy was vbulletin?), and it may be (probably is) different.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone else see this instead of images on Tapa?

It started after we got the ability to host images here so I’m wondering if that’s the problem.

15d508dd2021299a190bc7c6544f064f.jpg
I've always had that problem with imgur. I just quote the post, expand the quoted part, hold my finger on the actual url to highlight it, then "open in internet" to see it if I care.

I installed tapa on my iphone last week to post a pic, now I get an email every time someone posts in any thread I’ve ever posted in.  It’s like hundreds of fucking emails every day.  I went through settings in tapatalk and thought I turned all that shit off but they keep coming.  Are there some hidden settings in that piece of shit that I’m missing?

On 8/15/2019 at 8:08 AM, immamac said:

So they sent me a custom version of the forum software - I'm not sure I want to install it just yet and risk borking all the themes again so I'll try it at night sometime because I have to change the default theme to do it.

So did you end up changing something? I am not using tapa and am using firefox on a laptop and I can't embedded tweets anymore on this device. What changed?

14 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I installed tapa on my iphone last week to post a pic, now I get an email every time someone posts in any thread I’ve ever posted in.  It’s like hundreds of fucking emails every day.  I went through settings in tapatalk and thought I turned all that shit off but they keep coming.  Are there some hidden settings in that piece of shit that I’m missing?

Treefiddy club also allows you to just direct upload to surly now instead of having to store your stuff in the Tapatalk universe. 

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

So did you end up changing something? I am not using tapa and am using firefox on a laptop and I can't embedded tweets anymore on this device. What changed?

Nothing from this has changed. Make sure you are hitting enter after you paste it in embeds work the exact same though

It is something with Twitter then because when I post something from twitter, it acts like it is going to load it and then it loads it as text instead. I have to click on the link and open in another tab to see the embedded twitter post now. was just hoping there was a fix or someway to get them to load again.

Has anyone figured out to have just your unread threads show up on the subscribed or participated tab on tapatalk pro? Right now every thread I follow shows up. I know its possible because another board I have on the app has it display that way. 

• 2 weeks later...
I bought it when it was like $2 or something. Then I had to pay $15 or whatever this last time. I’ll gladly sign up for the class action lawsuit surly will surely file on this fuckining.

They’ll just use a few months of subscription revenue to return the initial purchase. Assuming they’re looking to get acquired, they don’t actually need the revenue, they just need to show recurring subscribers.

I bought it when it was like $2 or something. Then I had to pay $15 or whatever this last time. I’ll gladly sign up for the class action lawsuit surly will surely file on this fuckining.
A class action over a dollar a month wont happen, but I'm still pissed that I paid for lifetime and now it's been revoked.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hate said:

Where did y'all get the notification?  I haven't gotten one yet.  I paid for pro many years ago and I've had zero issues with Tapa for a while now.  Obligatory, "Did you know you're throwing a no hitter?"

It just popped up, now I get a tapatalk ad to pay monthly at the bottom, on Oct 1st I'm expecting to get ads

I'm not paying $1 a month for it.

I briefly researched an alternative, it looks like IPSfocus(I think that is the forum software here) is making a mobile app right now and testing it.

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/6087-white-label-mobile-apps-and-android-app-beta/

I don't like the mobile website, too hard to press the button you want.

Edited by BNB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...