If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

B&S just had too much try hard for my taste.

They seemed really, really full of themselves on the Ticket -- like they were the cleverest guys in the room when they really weren't. And they talk WAY too much Mavericks for my taste.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Seems like it. I liked the switch because I could never stand Ben and skin at all and other than Gordo segments the Gbag show is my 2nd favorite to BaD Radio in Dallas sports talk. 

Wonder if their ratings sucked or they got cross wise with management or if they just decided they don't want to do radio anymore. 

Yeah, but Basuck

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, but Basuck

Yeah he's a loudmouth racist fuckhead moron and he's completely useless outside of baseball season, but he does have one trick in that he knows baseball very well and usually gives pretty good Rangers stuff. Cavanaugh used to be a guy that I felt sucked but I have to give him credit he's really put work in to learning how to analyze football tape and break stuff down. 

The Hardline would easily be number two if they made one simple change and booted Corby and put in Sirois. 

On 10/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, C-Man said:

They seemed really, really full of themselves on the Ticket -- like they were the cleverest guys in the room when they really weren't. And they talk WAY too much Mavericks for my taste.

I could see where they would come off that way.  I'll say this though, that's 100% untrue about Skin.

And too much Mavs? C'mon man.  I'd be fine if neither station ever talked sports again, but if they're gonna, give me Mavs 100x over another gdamn Cowboys segment.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:54 PM, Junior Miller said:

Yeah he's a loudmouth racist fuckhead moron.

Yeah, he's none of those things.  Not even a moron.  For a baseball player anyway. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

I could see where they would come off that way.  I'll say this though, that's 100% untrue about Skin.

And too much Mavs? C'mon man.  I'd be fine if neither station ever talked sports again, but if they're gonna, give me Mavs 100x over another gdamn Cowboys segment.

Yeah, he's none of those things.  Not even a moron.  For a baseball player anyway. 

somebody doesn't remember the extremely racist tweets when the Spurs are whippin' the Mavs ass as well as hot head fucking moron trying to fight Hispanic baseball coaches at his little kids games. 

He's extremely racist against Latinos at least and other than baseball he doesn't know much about anything that I can tell. 

Also, CMan is a big Spurs fan so of course he doesn't want to hear about the shitty mavs

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

somebody doesn't remember the extremely racist tweets when the Spurs are whippin' the Mavs ass as well as hot head fucking moron trying to fight Hispanic baseball coaches at his little kids games. 

He's extremely racist against Latinos at least and other than baseball he doesn't know much about anything that I can tell. 

Also, CMan is a big Spurs fan so of course he doesn't want to hear about the shitty mavs

Yeah, die-hard Spurs fan that punches out during Mavs segments. Hell, the NBA basically bores me nowadays anyway so definitely don't want Mavs talk.

Bascik was fired from The Ticket for his dumb-ass Tweets during Spurs-Mavs playoffs and then later did have an altercation at a youth sports game where one of his kids was playing. Lisp doesn't help.

While we're on the subject can we talk about Newbury on the Cowboys pre- and post-game shows. Good lord did he take too many shots to the head when he played college football. Talk about marbles in the mouth.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:18 AM, Bruh Man said:

They opened a new brewery in Celina. Tweeters are saying they are commiting full time to that...not sure if that's true.

Nice guys but they came off as major kiss asses at times. Also their bits are cringey. Only reason I tuned in was for the Jerry interviews.

Heard about the brewery in Celina as well as the possibility that they were getting a YouTube show deal, maybe even with a studio at their new brewery.   I liked B&S pretty well when they stayed on target, but they can get off target pretty quickly.  

and agreed with the other posters on G-Bag.  Love those guys (especially since CA has taken a back seat to occasional fill in) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Seems like the Fan is a bit of a clusterfuck up right now. KT is out. He's a guy I think would be a good culture fit at The Ticket. I could see him and Jake having a show together. 

was he part of the k&c masterpiece at night?  I listen to that after the top 10 is over.

On 10/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, mdmost said:

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

If this means a longer Muse in the News, I’m all in favor. 

So does this mean I still need to hit the following posts for Gordo content: 7:15, 8:15 and 9:15, or is that all out-of-whack now?

2 hours ago, threesheets said:

Correct.  

Sounds like B&S got an offer they couldn't refuse.  Not going to put it on blast, but feel free to PM if that's something you give a shit about.

Is that correct? Richie Whitt was posting on FB earlier that they were effectively forced out by getting bumped to middays in favor or G-Bag Nation. (Richie is still bitter about his and Greggo's show getting booted so he definitely has an axe to grind.)

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Seems like the Fan is a bit of a clusterfuck up right now. KT is out. He's a guy I think would be a good culture fit at The Ticket. I could see him and Jake having a show together. 

never heard his name.  is he “highly coveted”?  if the ticket hires anyone it should be davey lane.

• Like 2

Gonna leave this here.

https://artandseek.org/2019/10/29/celebrate-norm-hitzges-at-a-special-frame-of-mind-screening/

Join Art&Seek, The Ticket and Video Association of Dallas on Nov. 6 for a special screening of Norm Hitzges: An Opinionated History of Dallas Sports. A conversation with the legendary sports broadcaster follows the screening at Alamo Drafthouse Cedars.

In this original Frame of Mind production, Hitzges tells how he got his start, offers his theory about how football is like war and shares highlights from the history of Dallas sports. ... Hitzges will attend the screening and participate in a Q/A afterward with Bart Weiss, who produced this episode and curates the Frame of Mind series.spacer.png