Yeah, we get it.

4 hours ago, mdleast said:

Woah...Surly triple post

4 hours ago, mdleast said:

Woah...Surly triple post

Jesus Christ!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I like his delivery, but I didn't realize he was just ripping off L4G jokes.  That certainly takes him down a few pegs.

I mean, jokes are jokes and belong to nobody, but pretty sure most of the jokes ever issued by dutch were issued by L4G fairly recently.

if that’s his bit, well, alright.  

Edited by futureman

Anyone got the list of picks for the White Elephant shows.

It fucking sucks Jub is midday...that's when I listen the most outside of Gordo in the morning. At least I'll get to listen all the way to quittin time, as I don't have to listen to the Hardline(mainly Corby)

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Yeah that was a lot of hate. DFW sports media seems to be full of OU inbreds and UNT dorks.

It's not just the media. There is a disturbing amount of blOw yoU fans in the area. In fact UT is probably the 4th behind OU, Baylor,TCU and SandAggy. It's pathetic. I forgot about Aggy, so 5th.

Edited by RPM

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

It's not just the media. There is a disturbing amount of blOw yoU fans in the area. In fact UT is probably the 4th behind OU, Baylor,TCU and SandAggy. It's pathetic.

It depends what part of the metroplex. I grew up in N. Dallas, live/work in Frisco, spend a lot of time in Plano/Richardson. So I run into a lot of Longhorns.

Well this helps explain the changes they made to the morning show.  Crazy that the fan finally gets some huge wins then up and let 1/3 of their lineup walk away.

105.3 The Fan is kicking 1310 AM The Ticket’s ass. Comprehensively. Up and down the dial. From dawn to dusk. Over the last six months, the shift in the balance of power in DFW sports talk radio is stunning. The stats:

Among the coveted demographic (Men 25-54) in the money slot (Monday-Friday 6 a.m.-7 p.m.), since May The Ticket has tumbled from a 7.6 rating to a 3.2. The Fan, meanwhile, has surged from a 3.1 to a 5.5. Current score: Fan 5.5, Ticket 3.2. In its 25-year history, I can’t imagine The Ticket every getting lambasted by 2.3 points in a month. Ever.

Not surprisingly, the individual matchups sing a similar song. In mornings, The Fan’s Shan & RJ beat The Ticket’s Musers in October, 5.2-3.7. In middays, The Fan’s Ben & Skin clobbered The Ticket’s BaD Radio, 6.5-2.9. And in afternoons, The Fan’s G-Bag Nation topped The Ticket’s Hardline, 4.9-3.2.

https://www.pressboxdfw.com/whitts-end-11-1-19/

Edited by threesheets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

well people are idiots.

Eh, aside from Gordo and BaD radio, everyone on this thread seems to dislike the station.

Anything that keeps Craig Miller from being smug and cunty about their ratings superiority is fine with me.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

The Ticket needs to get the Cowboys or Mavericks back. Not sure when those contracts expire, but it would be nice if they got one of them. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Unteathered Cowboys commentary is one of the things that make them great. Don't need to have Jerry approval on bits or comments.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Unteathered Cowboys commentary is one of the things that make them great. Don't need to have Jerry approval on bits or comments.

Well, the station is already watered down IMO. And they don't have the talent anymore to cover for not being affiliated with  one of those teams. 

This. This is also why I do the Michael Bolton thing whenever the Stars TV on the radio preempts the Hardline. On a station that had made its mark based on the strength of it personalities giving their unfettered opinions on everything, I don’t want them to be “the official station” of any team.
  • Like 1

I blame Julie (jk of course)

Beating a dead horse

But thinking about it, besides gordo’s few segments, which are very hit or miss, the morning show sucks with cunty jr and simple jub.

I actually like the norm show as it’s such a totally wildass mix personalities.

BaD is usually pretty strong, Julie addition was good

Hardline is just not good, and I’m afraid of how hard I might kick corbys kids in the face if I met them.