If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Yeah the whole every show is getting beat speaks more to the audience changing versus the deficiencies of the Ticket. I'd imagine the fate of the Fan will always tie to the W/L record of the Cowboys. If there's general apathy, less people will opt for SPORTS. If the Cowboys are successful, all those Cowboys knotheads will want SPORTS!

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yeah the whole every show is getting beat speaks more to the audience changing versus the deficiencies of the Ticket. I'd imagine the fate of the Fan will always tie to the W/L record of the Cowboys. If there's general apathy, less people will opt for SPORTS. If the Cowboys are successful, all those Cowboys knotheads will want SPORTS!

There's some truth to that, but both stations benefit from the Cowboys' success. 

You don't double up the competition based on the Cowboys alone. 

7 hours ago, threesheets said:

double up the competition

this is just ridiculous.  NOBODY listens to the fan.  too many people are listening to the ticket on the app.  that article is either fake or fails to account for streaming numbers.  to say that there are twice as many people listening to the fan is just the dumbest thing a i’ve ever heard.

When I said "double up" it was for effect and to give some perspective to how crazy this shit is.  They're obviously not doing it consistently nor do I think it will become the norm.  But they absolutely doubled them up in middays last month:

DFW-Radio-M25-54-Oct-Middays.jpg

It was 5.5 to 3.2 in prime, so only 60% higher in the ratings, not quite 100%.  Guess you win @futureman

Other than that, you have no idea what you're talking about, so it's weird that you're so adamant.  7.5m people in DFW and you know how many of them are listening to the Fan?  I told y'all over a year ago that the Fan was already killing the Ticket in Tarrant County.  Like @Genco said above, aside from a couple of guys, even the people on this thread seem to hate the majority of the personalities on the station.  But this is just so difficult to believe.

You (easily) got me out of my three point stance though, so congrats.

Edited by threesheets
  • Like 1

Yea who gives a fuck about the ratings...let's get back to bitching about how Craig sucks, George sucks, Corby sucks, Danny sucks, Norm sucks, Jake sucks Bob is a windbag, Rhynes is checked out, Donovan is a token black and we all really just listen for Gordo, Dan and I guess Julie.

Who's with me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

When I said "double up" it was for effect and to give some perspective to how crazy this shit is.  They're obviously not doing it consistently nor do I think it will become the norm.  But they absolutely doubled them up in middays last month:

DFW-Radio-M25-54-Oct-Middays.jpg

It was 5.5 to 3.2 in prime, so only 60% higher in the ratings, not quite 100%.  Guess you win @futureman

Other than that, you have no idea what you're talking about, so it's weird that you're so adamant.  7.5m people in DFW and you know how many of them are listening to the Fan?  I told y'all over a year ago that the Fan was already killing the Ticket in Tarrant County.  Like @Genco said above, aside from a couple of guys, even the people on this thread seem to hate the majority of the personalities on the station.  But this is just so difficult to believe.

You (easily) got me out of my three point stance though, so congrats.

you still haven’t addressed the streaming listeners.  I didn’t see in the article where streaming listeners were accounted for.  the ticket is one of the most streamed radio stations in the world. 

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

I'm in, but I'm Team Corby/Danny/Jake.

that's where drive time is heading.  i can live with that.  this is a sports station, and 3 to 7 pm needs somebody who cares about sports, analytics, scheme, prospects, etc.  Jake will fill that role.  right now, the Hardline is lazy about that stuff and just gives half-ass opinions.  i appreciate someone who is data driven.  and actually, i'd be fine moving Danny out of the producer role and making him more of an on-air/yuk monkey personality.  that's pretty much what he is anyway.  let Justin Montemayor produce full-time.  he's young and gives a shit about stats and data.  and he cracks me up.  Jake/Monty/Mino would work well together with Corby/Danny.

Sirois/Donny will be 10 to noon when Norm leaves.  i'd seriously consider adding Gen X Davey to that squad.  he fills in on Cirque du Sirois quite a bit, so they've got chemistry.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It's not that streamed though to overcome the numbers. Again, the Ticket will be fine. The Fan lived all those years being 2nd place. The Ticket can exist in 2nd. Maybe it moves on some of the guys who are coasting like Rhyner and Norm. 

100% correct. Streaming numbers are minuscule and damn near meaningless.  The behaviors of the most religious P1 are not representative of the audience as a whole.  No one in radio gives a shit about the streaming audience. A $400 terrestrial spot goes for $3-$10 on the stream. 

I know that won't satisfy fanboy though so I'll take a look at those numbers on Monday. 

21 hours ago, threesheets said:

Well this helps explain the changes they made to the morning show.  Crazy that the fan finally gets some huge wins then up and let 1/3 of their lineup walk away.

https://www.pressboxdfw.com/whitts-end-11-1-19/

Crazy, but wow. 

Though not surprising because out side of Gordo, I can see RJ/Shan being more listenable than the Musers, and G-Bag is a better show than the Hardline as it currently sits. Just simple as that.

I do NOT think Ben/Skin are/were better than BaD radio, but I bet the Norm/Donnie show really knocks down that rating a bit IMO.

18 hours ago, Genco said:

Eh, aside from Gordo and BaD radio, everyone on this thread seems to dislike the station.

Anything that keeps Craig Miller from being smug and cunty about their ratings superiority is fine with me.

Pretty much facts.  Gordo, BaD Radio and guys like Sirois, Dany, Jake, and now Julie are the bright spots of the every day crew.

18 hours ago, futureman said:

where does it say in the article that the streaming numbers are included?

Good point.  I know I ONLY listen on streaming, and considering how far and wide their fan base is, that should be included(but they probably only count over the air due to the ad space)

17 hours ago, bluto said:

I blame Julie (jk of course)

Beating a dead horse

But thinking about it, besides gordo’s few segments, which are very hit or miss, the morning show sucks with cunty jr and simple jub.

I actually like the norm show as it’s such a totally wildass mix personalities.

BaD is usually pretty strong, Julie addition was good

Hardline is just not good, and I’m afraid of how hard I might kick corbys kids in the face if I met them.

Pretty much spot on.

16 hours ago, mdmost said:

I don't want the Ticket to get the Cowboys again, but there's no doubt it helps the Fan.

5 minutes ago, threesheets said:

100% correct. Streaming numbers are minuscule and damn near meaningless.  The behaviors of the most religious P1 are not representative of the audience as a whole.  No one in radio gives a shit about the streaming audience. A $400 terrestrial spot goes for $3-$10 on the stream. 

I know that won't satisfy fanboy though so I'll take a look at those numbers on Monday. 

I mean I would agree I the target audience was just over 45-50.  But there are tons of us in the 20-40 range that listen on the app.  I'm not local so of course I use the app religiously, BUT even when I'm in DFW, I still use the app over the radio because the signal is spotty in some places, and I like the ability to pause and rewind.

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea who gives a fuck about the ratings...let's get back to bitching about how Craig sucks, George sucks, Corby sucks, Danny sucks, Norm sucks, Jake sucks Bob is a windbag, Rhynes is checked out, Donovan is a token black and we all really just listen for Gordo, Dan and I guess Julie.

Who's with me

Nailed it.

Who's with me

Exactly...I mean...

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Who's with me

I actually don’t mind jake that much. Dan really doesn’t have a clue when it comes to in depth sports talk so when Bob is going on one of his dumb rants and says “am I making sense here?”, Jake will sometimes speak up and say something knowledgeable to counter with. It’s the Bob and Dan show but Jake is holding back a lot when bob is being dumb and if he didn’t we could get better “sports talk”. 

I love Dan btw, he’s fucking hilarious. 

• Like 2

In my friend group, everyone over 30 listens to the Ticket, and everyone under 30 listens to The Fan.  Hell when I was in college, I listens to ESPN cuz what did I know?

I feel like the people with the taste to listen to the Ticket are also more likely to listen to podcasts than the kind of simpletons who listen to The Fan. The numbers don't surprise me.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 5:31 PM, futureman said:

where does it say in the article that the streaming numbers are included?

Yeah this is the thing that I've never understood about ratings.  Streaming should be easier and much more accurate than measuring a small sampling of radio listeners or however radio figures out their ratings.  

You're right @Catdaddyhorn- it is easier/more accurate.  A station knows the exact number of times they're streamed each month, and the exact number of unique users.

Radio is done by PPM.  It's a listening device, kinda like a pager.  There are however many thousand people carrying them and having their listening habits recorded, then the numbers are extrapolated out based on the overall radio listenership.

Edited by threesheets