If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

16 hours ago, threesheets said:

You're right @Catdaddyhorn- it is easier/more accurate.  A station knows the exact number of times they're streamed each month, and the exact number of unique users.

Radio is done by PPM.  It's a listening device, kinda like a pager.  There are however many thousand people carrying them and having their listening habits recorded, then the numbers are extrapolated out based on the overall radio listenership.

If I had one of those the only time they'd catch me on terrestrial radio would be for a couple seconds when I start my car. 

21 hours ago, threesheets said:

Sorry I'm a little late with this @futureman.  I beg your pardon.  Looks like at any given time during prime hours (6a-7p), there are 1800 people streaming the Ticket.

DFW-Radio-Oct-Prime.jpg

Has this been a gradual trend of The Fan overtaking the Ticket to this degree, or is it more of a 1-2-month anomaly?

1 hour ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Has this been a gradual trend of The Fan overtaking the Ticket to this degree, or is it more of a 1-2-month anomaly?

Well, I had the same argument with some folks on here over a year ago, so it's been a thing for a while.  They've been slowly trending upward for over five years. 

18 hours ago, futureman said:

it’s fake news.  he’s quoting bogus numbers to get under the skin of some p1s.  no more than that. 

Dude, I know this is mostly a bit, but I'm not sure why you're even pretending to be so dug in on this?

Doesn't surprise me at all that the little Ticket is slipping in ratings.  They're like a 24/7 version of Chris Berman.  Used to be greatness...cutting edge, unique, talented, fresh.  Then they ran the same damn schtick way too far into the ground for way too long.

People are starting to move on because it's gone past the "starting to get old" stage, to the "this is almost annoying" stage.  With zero exceptions, there isn't a format on earth that doesn't need a major retool in time.  Hell, even SNL, which has a run life that's unprecedented in that type of entertainment, gets a whole new cast every few years.  And they're only on for a couple hours a week a few times a year.  The fact that the Ticket dominated as long as they did with nothing more than some subtle changes over the years is really a miracle.

But, just a little bit of common sense will tell you.  Outside of the greatness of Gordo, there isn't a single "talent" on there who doesn't fall somewhere between "I could take em or leave em" and "instant tune out".  And the list of "instant tune out" is growing.  And I'm sorry all you fan boys, but Jake fucking Kemp isn't nearly talented enough to single-handedly turn things around.

The problem is that, like Berman, some of the Ticket's biggest weaknesses are legend/lifer/untouchable status.  Not an easy thing to navigate.  And they haven't felt they've needed to since the ratings have said they don't.  But, money drives everything so more slipping in ratings will eventually result in changes.

Needs to start with the Hardline.  That thing has gone from take it or leave it to nails on the chalkboard bad.  From the intro to the end.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Dude, I know this is mostly a bit, but I'm not sure why you're even pretending to be so dug in on this?

Doesn't surprise me at all that the little Ticket is slipping in ratings.  They're like a 24/7 version of Chris Berman.  Used to be greatness...cutting edge, unique, talented, fresh.  Then they ran the same damn schtick way too far into the ground for way too long.

People are starting to move on because it's gone past the "starting to get old" stage, to the "this is almost annoying" stage.  With zero exceptions, there isn't a format on earth that doesn't need a major retool in time.  Hell, even SNL, which has a run life that's unprecedented in that type of entertainment, gets a whole new cast every few years.  And they're only on for a couple hours a week a few times a year.  The fact that the Ticket dominated as long as they did with nothing more than some subtle changes over the years is really a miracle.

But, just a little bit of common sense will tell you.  Outside of the greatness of Gordo, there isn't a single "talent" on there who doesn't fall somewhere between "I could take em or leave em" and "instant tune out".  And the list of "instant tune out" is growing.  And I'm sorry all you fan boys, but Jake fucking Kemp isn't nearly talented enough to single-handedly turn things around.

The problem is that, like Berman, some of the Ticket's biggest weaknesses are legend/lifer/untouchable status.  Not an easy thing to navigate.  And they haven't felt they've needed to since the ratings have said they don't.  But, money drives everything so more slipping in ratings will eventually result in changes.

Needs to start with the Hardline.  That thing has gone from take it or leave it to nails on the chalkboard bad.  From the intro to the end.

Among my friends BaD radio is the only ticket show that everyone listens to as their number 1 option during that time slot. The rest range from occasionally listen to only during commercials if they remember to change it. 

Among my friends BaD radio is the only ticket show that everyone listens to as their number 1 option during that time slot. The rest range from occasionally listen to only during commercials if they remember to change it. 
I have no idea why people can't fathom The Ticket slipping in ratings. The Fan has built a strong following and has lasted now for a decade. Theie demographic is the same one The Ticket got when they first started. The Ticket is stale now. The once funny bits are not tired and worn out. To whom mentioned it's nothing but an all day Chris Berman is spot on. BAD is leaps and bounds ahead of the other shows. Hardline is worse than what ESPN Radio rolls out.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I have no idea why people can't fathom The Ticket slipping in ratings. The Fan has built a strong following and has lasted now for a decade. Theie demographic is the same one The Ticket got when they first started. The Ticket is stale now. The once funny bits are not tired and worn out. To whom mentioned it's nothing but an all day Chris Berman is spot on. BAD is leaps and bounds ahead of the other shows. Hardline is worse than what ESPN Radio rolls out.

Good lord no. ESPN let Steve Dennis and Friedo host a show. It was the worst thing I’ve ever heard.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Good lord no. ESPN let Steve Dennis and Friedo host a show. It was the worst thing I’ve ever heard.

Absolutely it is. Corby is 10x worse than  Steve Dennis and Cowlishaw. He's a fucking yuk monkey who only has this gig because Greggo couldn't keep his nose clean. At least those guys actually have real credentials. Prime Ryhner was great but he has mailed it in forever now. He seems disinterested in everything and just coasting. No effort at all. Greggo was an addict but was lightyears ahead of Corby. But he was never meant to have this position. He would have been forever the yuk monkey and doing what Danny is doing now. And that is not even taking into account his love affair for everything OU and now Toby Keith. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

On 11/5/2019 at 9:25 AM, bluto said:

Flipped over to the fan this morning to see wtf they had... 3 consecutive segments of Jerry, Mickey spagnola, then Garrett. the mouth breathing nfl/cowboy fan is beyond my understanding

They are the flagship station of the Dallas Cowboys. Of course they are going to have Cowboys segments and a lot of them. 

18 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Jesus... Who the fuck is this guy who decided to "add to the show" during Community Quick Hits and why did they actually give him a platform to spout his nonsense? 

you’ll never meet a guy more tuned in to the barometric pressure than regg is.  

hqdefault.jpg

I always chuckle at these Cowboys "HOT SPORTS OPINION" spots where the hosts are saying something that's not really hot or a sports opinion. The latest is Corby talking about Michael Bennett's oversized jersey. "His jersey looks like it's oversized"...THESE HOT SPORTS OPINIONS ARE SERVED UP DAILY ON THE TICKET!