If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

You know what I wonder? I wonder if NASA could somehow turn around the Hubble telescope and focus it down here towards Texas. More specifically Dallas, Texas. And then somehow get through the window that is on the west side of the Ticket and look in and look towards me and into my eyes to see if they could detect how little interest I have in determining whether we are using the word "clinch" properly.

Edited by mdmost

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:06 AM, Landomatic said:

Dude, I know this is mostly a bit, but I'm not sure why you're even pretending to be so dug in on this?

Doesn't surprise me at all that the little Ticket is slipping in ratings.  They're like a 24/7 version of Chris Berman.  Used to be greatness...cutting edge, unique, talented, fresh.  Then they ran the same damn schtick way too far into the ground for way too long.

People are starting to move on because it's gone past the "starting to get old" stage, to the "this is almost annoying" stage.  With zero exceptions, there isn't a format on earth that doesn't need a major retool in time.  Hell, even SNL, which has a run life that's unprecedented in that type of entertainment, gets a whole new cast every few years.  And they're only on for a couple hours a week a few times a year.  The fact that the Ticket dominated as long as they did with nothing more than some subtle changes over the years is really a miracle.

But, just a little bit of common sense will tell you.  Outside of the greatness of Gordo, there isn't a single "talent" on there who doesn't fall somewhere between "I could take em or leave em" and "instant tune out".  And the list of "instant tune out" is growing.  And I'm sorry all you fan boys, but Jake fucking Kemp isn't nearly talented enough to single-handedly turn things around.

The problem is that, like Berman, some of the Ticket's biggest weaknesses are legend/lifer/untouchable status.  Not an easy thing to navigate.  And they haven't felt they've needed to since the ratings have said they don't.  But, money drives everything so more slipping in ratings will eventually result in changes.

Needs to start with the Hardline.  That thing has gone from take it or leave it to nails on the chalkboard bad.  From the intro to the end.

Pretty much.  Just Gordo and Bad Radio with some Mike Sirois mixed in to save it IMO.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Among my friends BaD radio is the only ticket show that everyone listens to as their number 1 option during that time slot. The rest range from occasionally listen to only during commercials if they remember to change it. 

Yeah it's the only show I make sure to take the time to listen to.  I'll have the app on when I remember, otherwise...but I'm switching around.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, mdmost said:

Yeah, BAD is leaps and bounds better yet are still losing to their Fan competition.

They are, the biggest issue is the time from is 10-3, and BaD is only on for 3 hours.  I'm glad moved GBag nation to the afternoon, because they're at least pretty listenable after BaD.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Here’s your mouth breathing Cowboys fan. He and Drew. 

Fucking clown show again.  I'm a big Ticket guy and besides some GBag later in the day, I'll listen to the podcasts from the Fan at best.  Keep on spouting my name you fucking douchebag.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

ah, the excessive multi-quote reply, one of drew’s signature moves. 

As opposed to multiple posts responding?  It's the damn reason for that function.

Shouldn't you be trolling the Cowboys thread and then disappearing when the Cowboys are winning? THAT'S your signature move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, threesheets said:

Giggle.  That's very Dallas of you. 

You ever been to a Ticket event? You're hanging with some seriously select company my man.

I guess that means you go to ticket events?  the lowest common denominator of listeners attend those things.  the majority of us brilliant bastards are content to listen over the air.  the hosts know this, too.  that’s why gordo always treats callers like shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I went when they were at ABGB. It was an odd experience.

yeah that was an impromptu thing; I considered going but ended up passing.  but shit like ticketstock just looks like an unbelievable beating.  that video of george singing old town road could be used as a form of torture during interrogations. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, threesheets said:

Giggle.  That's very Dallas of you. 

You ever been to a Ticket event? You're hanging with some seriously select company my man.

I've been to one. Dale Hansen did a remote from a Centennial grand opening near Texas Stadium and I was the manager. He was a complete dick and didn't want to talk to anyone. Feel better?

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Does BaD still do Homer Call of the Week? Since moving to Pennsylvania I quit listening to the little ticket and it’s about the only thing I miss.

Note: it’s been YEARS since I listened but Greggo as shitty a human as he is was the heart of Hardline and Corby was always unlistenable. 

Yep. I think it's Wednesday (or Thursday) at 1.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Does BaD still do Homer Call of the Week? Since moving to Pennsylvania I quit listening to the little ticket and it’s about the only thing I miss.

Note: it’s been YEARS since I listened but Greggo as shitty a human as he is was the heart of Hardline and Corby was always unlistenable. 

great news for you: bobanddan.com/homer-calls/

• Like 1

Junior doesn't like Twitter because he can't delete comments when people are mean. 

There's this thing called a block feature and another one called a mute button. 

Yeah, we really do think you're thin-skinned. 

He wants a world without social media because we're assholes. 

Hmm is that because we can now point out when you are wrong immediately?

Would you like it better if we met you at a remote with a list of times you were wrong and the evidence to back it up? 

Edited by cactusflinthead

23 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Junior doesn't like Twitter because he can't delete comments when people are mean. 

There's this thing called a block feature and another one called a mute button. 

Yeah, we really do think you're thin-skinned. 

He wants a world without social media because we're assholes. 

Would you like it better if we met you at a remote with a list of times you were wrong and the evidence to back it up? 

What a fucking snowflake.  BURN IT ALL DOWN!!

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah because I'm sure people point out when he's wrong in a respectful manner and not just calling him a curse word or an idiot. And his point was no one shows up to a remote and does that. But through social media, people act worse than they would in person so why open yourself up to that? I'm sure getting flamed every day gets old quickly. Though some seek it out and seem to enjoy getting into it with listeners like Jake and Bob. 

I understand that. We have a more direct method of communication. We don't have to sit down at the typewriter, mail it, and wait. Letters to the writer, a hard copy mailed to someone at the paper or the radio or other media, are nearly gone. Because it's a helluva a lot easier to do it online. Yes, even in the days of snail mail only, determined assholes were sending hate mail. Ask any black sports figure in the early days of integration how erudite the arguments were against them. They still do. Now it's a lot easier to block the haters. Bob got blocked by Olbermann, that knife cuts both ways. 

The same thing applies here to us. We are assholes. I didn't dispute that. If you want to ignore a poster, you have the option. Scroll right by and I'll still holler into the void. 

Social media can be a warzone. It can also be access to a world you might not otherwise get. 

Life ain't fair and the world is mean.

Still going to find some cool people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I understand that. We have a more direct method of communication. We don't have to sit down at the typewriter, mail it, and wait. Letters to the writer, a hard copy mailed to someone at the paper or the radio or other media, are nearly gone. Because it's a helluva a lot easier to do it online. Yes, even in the days of snail mail only, determined assholes were sending hate mail. Ask any black sports figure in the early days of integration how erudite the arguments were against them. They still do. Now it's a lot easier to block the haters. Bob got blocked by Olbermann, that knife cuts both ways. 

The same thing applies here to us. We are assholes. I didn't dispute that. If you want to ignore a poster, you have the option. Scroll right by and I'll still holler into the void. 

Social media can be a warzone. It can also be access to a world you might not otherwise get. 

Life ain't fair and the world is mean.

Still going to find some cool people. 

Social media is a net negative on society. 

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Social media is a net negative on society. 

By a large margin and it's not even close. 

1)It's most likely the leading cause in the rising anxiety epidemic among children with a massive impact on female children. Rates of suicide, attempted suicide, and self mutilation have skyrocketed amongst female teens since 2010. 

2) it's being weaponized by authoritarian and communist regimes like Russia and China to cause unrest and civil crisis in democratically elected countries and it's been devastatingly effective. Without social media there is no trump presidency, no brexit, and nowhere near the massive populist uprising in countries all over Europe, South America, and Asia that we're seeing today. 

3) it allows people who are giant pussies and would never say anything negative, mean, or vile to someone face to face to act like giant pieces of shit because the threat of physical violence and death is removed. It's caused a massive blow to civility and civilized conduct. 

Zuckerberg and Jack have unleashed a horrible plague upon humanity that the likes of Hitler could only dream about. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1