If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

since getting the new ios update does anyone else’s app just randomly shut off midstream?  it really grinds my gears. 

My SportsDay app now half of the time won’t stream to my car audio...

It’s gotta be the app and the new iOS because when it syncs to my uConnect I switches to playing my Spotify or iTunes music, and when I try to play sportsday it pauses the audio... then I have to completely shutdown my sportsday app, play Spotify and then open the app again. Hoping it’ll work fine.

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

My SportsDay app now half of the time won’t stream to my car audio...

It’s gotta be the app and the new iOS because when it syncs to my uConnect I switches to playing my Spotify or iTunes music, and when I try to play sportsday it pauses the audio... then I have to completely shutdown my sportsday app, play Spotify and then open the app again. Hoping it’ll work fine.

do you have an adblocking app running? this was my issue with it, ad blocking app running = stops every few min. stop using it = works perfectly

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Sirois is totally right and Norm is way off base. He’s been around sports enough to know that shit happens in a lot (most) of football and basketball game at every level, including youth sports. Norm dying on that hill seemed really naive and curious. I really don’t think he likes Mike and was simply trying to argue with him. 

More Sirois. Get Norm the hell off the air. 

Norm has been a complete beating to lead off the last two days' shows. He was wrong yesterday and doubled-down today after the freaking NFL came out and said as much yesterday afternoon. Old fart just can't admit defeat on a subject.

Richie claps back at Junes: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/radio-ratings-show-105-3-the-fan-is-dfws-no-1/?fbclid=IwAR2Fp87JXocN9aPoSvj_YBKA5wQNTd7CQMw3MVAnpDmuegwAPJ-gW9Ek1kg

Written by Richie Whitt

Spent last weekend out of town, so this info came to me second-hand. But it arrived from more than a couple folks who claimed to have heard it live.

In response to my Nov. 1 Whitt’s End item in which I laid out a dramatic shift atop DFW’s sports talk radio landscape, 1310 The Ticket has apparently adopted the simpleton strategy of “shoot the messenger.”

According to loyal Ticket listeners, one of their morning hosts last Friday uttered this defensive/nonsense/bullshit:

“A very unreliable reporter recently wrote that over the last six months the Ticket has a 3.2 share in the Men 25-54 demo … and that is simply not true. Over the last six months the Ticket has a 5.3 share, which ranks us still ahead of all of our competition.”

Cute spin. But altogether inaccurate. In today’s climate, we call those “alternative facts.”

The claim is as misleading as the coach of a 5-5 team on a five-game losing streak crowing that “Hey, over our last 10 games we’re a .500 team.” I mean, true, but …

I, of course, did not write that 3.2 was a six-month average. Accurately, I did write that 3.2 was the October end point of The Ticket’s six-month nose drive. Destination, alas, is much different than average, but when your crown has been unceremoniously nabbed off your smug noggin’ you’re reduced to monkeying around with semantics in an attempt to sidestep the cold, hard truth.

Diminish the message by denouncing the messenger. I get it.

Call me a “douche”? Sure, guilty. Refer to me as “Bitchie Twit”? Please, I’ve been called much worse during 33 years in this market. But label me a “very unreliable reporter” and question my credibility? Them’s fightin’ words.

Allow me to retort, with the cunning use of … facts. Accessorized with pictures and stuff.

On local and national levels, I maintain industry sources. They have access to ratings. They supply me with the numbers. Nothing magical or mysterious or remotely subjective about it.

If a certain someone and his pals are claiming I’m fabricating numbers, they might as well indict Mr. Nielsen himself.

Bottom line: 105.3 The Fan continues to not only obliterate The Ticket, but in November it rose to the most popular radio station in Dallas-Fort Worth among the coveted demographic of listeners: Men aged 25-54.

These, then, are the numbers The Ticket does not want you to see:

This chart reveals The Fan’s rise – even detailing show vs. show – from May to October.

DFW-Radio-CHART-1.png

These numbers detail the April-to-November ratings for all DFW radio stations.

DFW-Radio-CHART-2.png

As recently as May, The Ticket was No. 1 overall and The Fan 14th. But in November numbers released Monday afternoon, The Fan is now No. 1 with a 5.4 and The Ticket tied for 10th with a 3.2.

It’s a shocking polar shift. Like up being down. Left is right. Taylor Swift not turning a single chair on The Voice. And Jerry Jones actually considering firing Jason Garrett.

It’s not, however, a hiccup or aberration. It’s now an eight-month trend in the wrong direction for the heritage sports-talk station that for 25 years shrugged off pretenders to its dynasty like so many gnats at its annual victory parade.

To be fair, there are reasons for the change, as it’s preposterous to believe The Ticket suddenly forgot how to do entertaining radio and, simultaneously, The Fan somehow stole its mojo. As I’ve said before, in today’s wholly unfair and irrationally inaccurate PPM system, a severe ratings swing could be the result of something as simple as a handful of listeners being forced to turn in their meters because their two-year listening period was up. That’s right, three P1s in Plano and a couple more in Aubrey being yanked off the grid could re-route DFW’s power rankings.

Right or wrong, the system is what it is. The Ticket flourished under it. Now, after an almost unbearable wait, The Fan gets its time on the throne.

• Like 1

December Dry Dock schedule is out.  Next week will be interesting.  Two days of Junior and Gordo, and then Gordo/Jake on Friday.  Sign me up for Friday.

Corby and Danny are gonna get 3 days together as hosts without Rhynes.  Then we get 3 days of Corby and Gen X Davey.

Ryan Medellin and Julie Dobbs are gonna get a day hosting noon to 3.  That should be interesting.

Intentional Grounding get a shift doing 3-7.  I like them.

And we're gonna get the return of The Machine.  Jake and Machine will host the A.M. drive show on 12/24.

Peter Welpton from the Kick Around is gonna work a bunch in the mornings.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 2

I don't think Aikman hates Jones.  He hated him for what happened with Johnson at the end and did for a long time.   But that was almost 25 years ago and time usually heals all / most wounds, as it has with the two of them.  Not best friends, but have a decent relationship from what I've read. 

Aikman has always been opinionated on the Cowboys structure but he's done his best, for the most part, to tow the company line.   There wasn't much towing this morning.