If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

55 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Hadn't listened to the Hardline much at all ever because Corby sucks so bad but please don't move Sirois there and don't move BaD. BaD is perfect in the noon slot and I have other stuff to listen to for late afternoon slot anyway. 

They also need to retire the Hardline name. No Rhyner no Hardline. 

Sirois is fucking great and you fucking suck. 

Sirois is great and that's why he needs to stay where he is and not be ruined by that black hole of suck Corby. 

Best thing to do is force Norm to retire as well and let Sirois and Donovan co-host a 10 to 1 show. Then have BaD radio from 1 to 4 and hire some outside radio guy to join Corby and Danny for the giant sack of shit show from 4-7. Or move Jake there if you absolutely can't find anybody else but Jake is best on BaD. 

46 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i guess Danny gets to go to Miami for the Super Bowl trip, goes to the campound, goes to Cowboys training camp.  i support that.

Danny sucks. I hate his ‘repeat a word Corby said but slower and with more emphasis’ schtick. 

• Like 3

The Ticket has been stale for awhile, too much of the same ol' formula from years ago and too much mailing it in.  First thing I'd do is fire that Sooner airhead, Corby is the king of mailing it in.  Last time I tried to listen it was him and Danny trying to stretch where they went to lunch into a segment.  It was obvious that they were making up half the supposed hijinks and even then it wasn't really funny. 

Can't replace Rhyner, but they need to bring in some new blood with real talent instead of promoting their low cost home grown interns.

Edit:  I got nothing against Danny, he's cool.  Poor guy was scarred as a kid listening to grandpa pound grandma.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 2

Corby was good as the third wheel yuck monkey on the Hardline but got massively overexposed in his number two slot, carrying way too much of the dialogue. The only way the new 3-7 slot works with Corby is if someone comes in to wrestle away the mike from Corby for a big chunk of the show.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Corby was good as the third wheel yuck monkey on the Hardline but got massively overexposed in his number two slot, carrying way too much of the dialogue. The only way the new 3-7 slot works with Corby is if someone comes in to wrestle away the mike from Corby for a big chunk of the show.

I’m afraid they’re doing the same thing with Danny. He sucks and just repeats and agrees with Corby. That show sucks and needs to be wiped clean. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Donny is the same way. He gets way too much airtime now but they did that because Norm can't carry a show like he used to so it makes sense. Rhyner checked out some years ago and was just going through the motions. He was not anywhere near the same host he used to be. the Hardline is officially dead. It died a little when Greggo went away. Say what you want about him but him and Mike were great together and it worked. Corby fucking sucks. Corby seemed to suck the life out of Rhyner as the years went on. I have no idea why they could not find anyone else to pair with Rhyner after Greggo left. And now Danny is being overexposed. He was good when he said a line here and there but not every segment.

The Ticket needs to find a whole new show for that segment. Ben And Skin would be better than Corby. But it doesn't really matter to me. I stopped listening to the 3-7 slot regularly for a long time now.

One thing I would not want them to do is take BAD away from noon to 3. That is where they belong. I love them there.

• Like 2

Ben and Skin suck.  So does the Danny/Corby combo.  I'm not sure what happens, but I can't see them just hiring someone outside of the station unless they "get it".  Someone like big Bob Wilonsky would be great, but I don't know if he has it in him to do a full-time show.  I think the promotion for Jake is inevitable, but I'm not sure he just slides in to Rhynes' spot.  Whatever happens, I wish they'd give Donovan the ax but I know that won't happen.  He's the biggest spare of them all.

Stay hard, Mike.  The Hardline is dead.

• Like 2

Uff, 3:00-7:00 just became unlistenable. Say what you will about Mike checking out a few years ago, he was still the glue that held that show together. He still played a valuable role in being the station voice of baseball, music, Dallas history, and the horny sexagenarian with early onset dementia. He made the show tolerable.

Now, not so much. I like Danny but he's best in his dark cloud role sprinkling the show with his fun facts and stories of his Know City boxing friends. I don't expect the Ticket to carry afternoon drive anymore. They desperately need to find a third man in the booth

Just now, Kevin O’Shea said:

Bob has legit side gigs that he may not want to alter a schedule for. 

I’ve said for a while that the ticket needs to look elsewhere to attract talent rather than promoting one of their many Tier 3 UNT grads that have hung around. I don’t include Jake in that group. 

theres lots of guys that deserve a shot.  sean bass is not one of them.

not that youre saying he does, just wanted to put that out there again.

• Like 1

Corby sucks but controversy was always what the Hardline was about. Shock value, dumb statements by Greggo, pissing off Cowboys and Longhorn fans. I only tune in for a few segments of the HL currently but I'd tune in for more if Jake was added to the HL. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

They should push BAD radio to 12-4, and take an hour away from whoever replaces drive time.

Agree.  I hate they only have 3 hours.  Sucks that Norm takes up 2 of the mid day hours.

18 hours ago, CBT said:

I hope they leave BaD where it is. Love the idea of giving them another hour. 

Agreed...please do not move them.  Have no problem with them being extended one way or the other.

17 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Can we also get Dunham and Miller to retire and replaced with Doocy to pair with Gordo?

Gold.  I'd actually make a point to listen to that show and not just wait for the Podcasts featuringGordo.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Groupthink. He’s lazy and annoying. But he’s also hilarious. He and Danny would do well with Jake/Sirois and Davey. I think afternoon drive time needs to expand to 4 full time guys. Take other of Jake/Sirois and give him some time on the morning show extending into Norm. Norm needs to go like a decade ago. 

No.  No he's not.  But since they won't get rid of him, adding Jake or Sirois would at least make it better.

4 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Give Bad Radio an extra hour 12-4 and that cover most of my listening day minus my 2 hour check-out during Norm.

Actually move the Musers up 6-11 and bad 1-5.

I do not see The Ticket tinkering with the show times. At all. And I doubt any of the shows with as long as they have held these time slots are going to want to change by adding or subtracting hours. It's the perfect setup as they have it time wise.

17 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Can we also get Dunham and Miller to retire and replaced with Doocy to pair with Gordo?

Hey Doocy, I know you have that nighttime sports show but can we also have you wake up at 4:30 5 days a week to do a morning drive show? Dunham and Miller are even more important now than before with Rhyner retiring. They're the last of the Musketeers. 

Corby's Sooner takes wear me the fuck out but honestly I like him ok outside of that.  I think the hate here is a little over the top.    I don't mind Danny on a limited basis either but he definitely doesn't need his role increased with Mike gone.  He's a lot better in the background.  Surprised at the hate for Donovan above as well.  I've always liked him ok.   Honestly Norm is the only one I really can't handle any more.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I just do not get the support for Doocy. He’s incredibly boring.

I like Doocy in the very limited role that they bring him on.

I know I've ripped both Jub Jub and Junes many times here but the chemistry between those two and Gordo is immeasurable. I would hate to see that fucked with.

I also wonder too if it's time to look outside and bring somebody in from another market. It worked with Sturm and Dan. I just don't see much that interests me among the non-Tier 1 on-air talent there now. I love Sirois, not sure if he falls as Tier 1 or 2 since he doesn't get to travel or go to Campound. Maybe he and Danny are Tier 1B's.

• Like 1