If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

32 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I think it'll just be Bob moving. Otherwise I don't think Corby would have tweeted out the teaser the other day.

motherfucker.  i think you're right.  i doubted your earlier post, but i'm now convinced that Bob is joining Corby, and Jake is taking Bob's spot.

just listen to the beginning of WTDS.  Conard says, "And now, here are your hosts, Bob Sturm and Dan McDowell."

then Bob says, "Well Dan . . . . That's about it. . . . Here's Mino."

it's over.

Edited by Jive Turkey

i guess it could mean "that's it" for noon to 3.  but the way Bob said it, i think he meant "that's it" for BaD Radio as we know it.  hope i'm wrong. 

i don't know how it would work any other way.  Dan and Jake will be on at noon on Monday.  they'll say Bob is taking the day off.  they'll do WTDS with Corby and Danny.  then at 3:30, Bob will appear as the new drive-time co-host.

Edited by Jive Turkey

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

motherfucker.  i think you're right.  i doubted your earlier post, but i'm now convinced that Bob is joining Corby, and Jake is taking Bob's spot.

just listen to the beginning of WTDS.  Conard says, "And now, here are your hosts, Bob Sturm and Dan McDowell."

it's over.

Fuck. Now that I listened to it again and the drop before he said it, I'm afraid you may be right. JFC don't kill Bob and Dan! What is this, New Coke?

Edited by RPM

18 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

it's over.

On delay and just heard that. He's either fucking with the P1 or that's the end of BaD. 

It's really interesting given the Ticket has had such continuity that past 20 years with Greggo being the only defection. It's a bit scary to think this could either be a really good or really terrible decision for the station. 

Edited by mdmost

17 minutes ago, RPM said:

Fuck. Now that I listened to it again and the drop before he said it, I'm afraid you may be right. JFC don't kill Bob and Dan! What is this, New Coke?

It sucks because that's the only good show on the ticket and now they're going to ruin Sturm by giving him radio AIDS. But it's all about money and although their show is great they got slaughtered in ratings by the K and C Masterpiece that was a late night show just a few months ago. 

I think they're in panic mode at the ticket. Sucks for Bob and Dan because they have young kids and are nowhere near being able to walk away. Actually, Rhyner walking away makes a ton of sense now that these ratings books have come out. He knew the stability was over and they would be making major changes so fuck going through that at his age. I really hope Norm is shown the door too. He ruins a good show in Donnie and Sirois

Edited by Junior Miller

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

What's interesting is the Ticket has had such continuity that past 20 years with Greggo being the only defection. It's a bit scary to think this could either be a really good or really terrible decision for the station. 

They've aged out of the target market. It was going to happen sometime. 

35 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I just can't see Bob working with Corby long term. He's already very strict on professionalism and even Dan's slight lack of effort at times bugs him. Corby's lazy constantly unprepared ass would drive him nuts. They'd have more conflict than the late greggo years. 

That's why I still think the right move is flip-flopping BaD Radio and The Hard Line and putting Jake as co-host with Corby (Danny as producer).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

Mino, Monty or Medellin 

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

I'm still curious as to where Medellin came from all of a sudden.  I know he's been around but they've been pushing him bigtime lately. 

Medellin is a good call. His game has been strong and Dan has endorsed him on air.

7 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Same here. Frankly I have a really hard time believing the numbers. I know hundreds of Ticket listeners. They are all P1s and don’t ever listen to other stations. 

That happens when your an old fart and only know other old farts. The Fan is great, it's the voice of the under 40 metroplex fan while the ticket is all old guys doing the same old guy stuff from 2 decades ago. KC masterpiece is the new best radio show in DFW

• Fuck You 1

Have they ever announced lineups ever?  I just don't think that is what they will do, it will just happen like it did with Corby.  I think this whole thing is a misdirection in the context of the same thing they did during the whole "Where's Greggo" incident where every time over those few months there was a "station announcement" everybody got ginned up talking about staff and it was something like Ticketstock or some event or some new partnership etc.

I'm kind of wondering if it is something with the Rangers or baseball if you want to come out of left field so to speak.  They keep saying things like major and minor in the announcement.  I'd laugh if the whole announcement was that they were going to start a weekly show with Mike Minor. 

Edited by Surly Bevo

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Have they ever announced lineups ever?  I just don't think that is what they will do, it will just happen like it did with Corby.  I think this whole thing is a misdirection in the context of the same thing they did during the whole "Where's Greggo" incident where every time over those few months there was a "station announcement" everybody got ginned up talking about staff and it was something like Ticketstock or some event or some new partnership etc.

I'm kind of wondering if it is something with the Rangers or baseball if you want to come out of left field so to speak.  They keep saying things like major and minor in the announcement.  I'd laugh if the whole announcement was that they were going to start a weekly show with Mike Minor. 

Maybe. But there is no way corby and Danny can be drive time on their own. I would be shocked if they break up Bob and Dan, but who the fuck knows. It's all gravy at this point. They've had a helluva run. I don't think rhynes leaving when he did is coincidence. 

22 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Dan and Jake would have some gold moments but some really low lows.

Yeah, I'd definitely listen to them over any other station, as I like both guys...Dan is so randomly funny.

22 hours ago, RPM said:

Bob and Dan are a team. It's chemistry like Abbott and Costello. Tell me the great solo films they made. Unless there's some unknown animosity between them, I see no logical reason to break BaD up. Moving the show to 3-7, booting Corby to Jake's role and giving Jake the 12-3 slot makes more sense.

Been saying this for years.  Best show on the Ticket and the in the market, but they get passed over because it's Mid Days and they get their show cut in half and lead up to by Norm, ugh.

22 hours ago, RPM said:

Yeah, don't fuck with us.

21 hours ago, mdleast said:

Who’s excited for Bob to have an extra hour each day to talk Cowboys?!?

I would super excited for an extra hour-hour 1/2 of BaD radio, not just Bob.

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

That's why I still think the right move is flip-flopping BaD Radio and The Hard Line and putting Jake as co-host with Corby (Danny as producer).

Same.  It would mean I could pretty much ignore the ticket(outside of Gordo stuff) until WTDS.

6 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Bob isn’t going anywhere.
Jake is going to afternoons and they are changing the show name. That’s all that is happening.

Let's hope.  But the Afternoon show will get killed, even if you like Jake(I do)