If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

5 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I do know with 100% certainty that the Mon announcement is about the new lineup(s) going forward and not some misdirect about Ticketstock or something. 

They’re going to announce they’re the new radio home of the Dallas Renegades.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Junior Miller said:

I just can't see Bob working with Corby long term. He's already very strict on professionalism and even Dan's slight lack of effort at times bugs him. Corby's lazy constantly unprepared ass would drive him nuts. They'd have more conflict than the late greggo years. 

Dan may act like a slacker,  but both he and Bob prepare like nobody's business.  Could you imagine Corby doing a smidgeon of the work Dan does for Homer Call? I pray they aren't making the rumored change.  Breaking up BaD radio is the last thing I expected from Mike's departure.  How tha fuck does Corby get to hang on as a premier player at that station?  Muthafucker is the laziest son of bitch there.  This fucking sucks if true.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Jub doesn't know what he's talking about.  He can't even identify a bobcat.  Or is he staying at mornings with Bob and Corby?  Yeah, that's it.  Let me go edit the Reddit post now.

Moving Corby to mornings with red dirt Jub would be perfect so I never hear them. If I have to sacrifice yankee aggy Bob for it then so be it. 

That would also be one of the worst shows in DFW sports radio. Even worse than that ESPN radio show with pussy for wings and the dork that does racist Mexican accents. 

Edited by Junior Miller

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bob on now and sent out his standard run sheet tweet. 

on Friday i thought maybe they are switching things up with Bob to Hardline, but the more I think about it there is no way they are going to torpedo BaD to try and shake it up at Hardline...also why would those two split when there is no clear tension/issue between them at the moment?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Just because the announcement is at 3:30 doesn't mean any changes actually take place today/tomorrow

hard disagree.

if they were going to make major changes why wouldn't they have rolled it out on Friday and made the change on a Monday vs Tuesday?

there is only one dude on The Ticket who has in the recent past put together back to back shifts - that isn't Donnie (who did some N&D and Hardline +1 I think?) - i am pretty sure Jake has worked back to back shifts recently...

I'm still somewhat on the side of this isn't an org announcement but plays into everybody thinking it might be due to timing.  An announcement creates a sharp and pronounced "critiquable" moment that isn't necessary if things are just allowed to happen organically.  Unless they are absolutely sure that whatever they are going to do is a home run why call this kind of pointed attention to it.   

Again maybe 100% wrong and fine if I am but again wouldn't surprise me if this isn't about them being allowed back to Spring Training or some new Rangers partnership with the new stahdeum or some other non sequitur.   There's been so much teasing about this and I don't think that would happen if there was real earth shaking moves happening, especially if it was known that some were not completely thrilled with the changes.    Put it this way, nobody is being canned because you don't get all twitter jokester jokester about that kind of stuff. 

Edited by Surly Bevo

58 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Just because the announcement is at 3:30 doesn't mean any changes actually take place today/tomorrow

Correct. Still, though, if there was something as drastic as flipping BaD and Hardline -- or breaking up Bob/Dan -- it would be announced on a Friday and the change would take place the following Mon. I think it will be Jake joining Corby on the Hardline and continue to do 3-7 with Danny producing for the foreseeable future. Will that work? I wish we knew.