If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Just now, RPM said:

Twitter is overwhelmingly against this. Best new show name, The Flaccid Line.

And yet, everyone will tune in to see how it goes. The Ticket has had three changes to the lineup in 20 years. You would've had tons of negative Twitter responses if Jake was moved to the HL. 

3 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I would have said "It's going to suck listening to sports intricacies on my way home from work."

You'll get to listen to Bob go into sports analysis while Corby just kind of nods along listening to analysis of something he never watched and wouldn't understand even if he did. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It would not shock me if Dan said no on moving their show to drive time. He strikes me to be a lot like Gordo, totally content with where things are. 

Would he have that kind of clout? If they told him ok then once your contract is up you're out then would he still stick to his guns? Where would he go if he was out at the ticket?

I mean he's a mid day host of an underperforming show with young kids still in grade school and about to enter college. I don't think he has any room to make demands at this time. 

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

Would he have that kind of clout? If they told him ok then once your contract is up you're out then would he still stick to his guns? Where would he go if he was out at the ticket?

I mean he's a mid day host of an underperforming show with young kids still in grade school and about to enter college. I don't think he has any room to make demands at this time. 

If this is ratings driven, then they didn't even ask Dan.  Why would they want to move an underperforming show to a more prime spot?

• Like 1

Yeah, I was going to say that despite his on-air persona, Dan strikes me as quite the family man who has a pretty damn cushy schedule for being there for your family. 12-3 and then getting home by 4 versus 3-7 and getting home after 8. 

Edited by mdmost

23 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Bob doesn't sound happy at all with this. He sounds like a guy trying not to sound pissed off. With his writing and sports analysis ability and connections to people like Aikman I could see Bob leaving the station all together if he gets a better offer to cover just sports. Maybe not since he still has young kids in school here but how long can he take Corby's unprofessional ass? Bob is OCD about show prep.

This seems like a stupid move and the move to make was moving BaD to 3-7 to see if they resonate better with that audience and moving Corby to 10-noon with Sirois or Donnie going to 12-3. They just 3-7 horrible and weakened 12-3. 

I felt like Dan was the one who didn't sound happy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Anywhere he wanted. He's kind of a big deal.

I like Dan. He's grown on me over the years but his value to the station overwhelmingly was being a foil for straight laced, uptight Bob. His only other contributions to the show is replaying audio and attention whoring at big events (Super Bowl, Ticketstock). He's not a name his time slot talent.

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Clearly the formula is 1 older/wiser combined with 1 younger/dumber and one of the two has to know sports.

Midday:  Dan = older/wiser, Jake = younger/dumber, Jake knows sports

Drive: Bob = older/wiser, Corby = younger/dumber, Bob knows sports

Corby is older than Bob.  Bob was the youngest show host until tomorrow when Jake becomes one.  

There are so many diverging opinions on here and everywhere it highlights the challenge they had. Any decision was the wrong decision. But here are a few thoughts:

1. The station has not been doing well in the ratings in every time slot, although the morning show has been doing still very well. They had to change multiple time slots because Bad Radio was also getting worse.

2. The formula that has seemed to work well is pairing a seasoned serious guy with a yuck monkey. This change aligns with that formula.

3. I think Bob is okay with the change because it takes him to higher profile drive-time but I suspect he would have preferred Dan went with him. I think Dan is pissed. He got bypassed for the drive time slot. But he will be fine with Jake.

4. Bob will definitely shut down Corby taking over the mike too much. That’s a great thing. Corby in small doses is better.

Will it work out? Not sure. This could work, or accelerate the decline. It probably won’t be status quo.

• Like 1

Don't expect Bob to rein in Corby when he bogs. He didn't with Dan. Both of them are bad about never getting to the goddamn point. 

Today was a day that I punched out when it became obvious that the only topic of the day was Oscars. 

I'd rather listen to Bob drone on about some more damn stats than listen to Awards Show Corby. Only a little more though, but it's better than listening to them talk about awards shows I avoid like the plague. 

In a pass by the other sports talkers all I had to hear was, "Amari Cooper..."  and I kept right on moving. 

• Like 1

I like it.  Bob can carry the show with sports, and that allows Corby and Danny to sit back and snipe away with idiocy.  The hardline was at its best when there were the two factions - Greg and Mike doing the show and Danny and Corby dumbassing around in the background.  When Corby tries to carry a non comedy segment it reminds me of junior high kid giving a book report.  

• Like 2