If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 2/6/2020 at 7:12 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

Rumor has it Bob is moving to 3-7. Let’s see if it’s true

On 2/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

Danny did say “better get your baseball game together, Bob”

On 2/7/2020 at 7:41 AM, BigDHornfan said:

Where is this rumor about Bob coming from?
It’s pretty much a given that Jake is gonna move to the Hardline.

On 2/7/2020 at 3:13 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

I think it'll just be Bob moving. Otherwise I don't think Corby would have tweeted out the teaser the other day.

On 2/7/2020 at 3:29 PM, Sparky said:

"Confirmed by a good friend of Bob's", yep checks out.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:48 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

A clear misdirection. Again, if they’re being demoted, Corby doesn’t tweet basically “ha ha, we know something you don’t know...”

On 2/8/2020 at 7:57 AM, BigDHornfan said:

Bob isn’t going anywhere.
Jake is going to afternoons and they are changing the show name. That’s all that is happening.

K

11 hours ago, TornACL said:

I find it interesting that some of you seem to think Bob never bullshits on BaD Radio and was 100% serious sports. I think if he can get Corby to try again, it might work very well. 

I don't think anyone thinks Bob never bullshits and is 100% serious sports.  He just leans way more that way than he does a yuck monkey.  Which is why he got paired with Corby who leans way more yuck monkey.  And I agree...I bet it works pretty well.

I find it interesting that some people actually thought Jake was ready for prime time.  He did a pretty good job during Super Bowl week and even started to grow on me a little from time-to-time, but a permanent Jake & Snake show for afternoon drive would have been a fucking disaster.

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

I don't think anyone thinks Bob never bullshits and is 100% serious sports.  He just leans way more that way than he does a yuck monkey.  Which is why he got paired with Corby who leans way more yuck monkey.  And I agree...I bet it works pretty well.

I find it interesting that some people actually thought Jake was ready for prime time.  He did a pretty good job during Super Bowl week and even started to grow on me a little from time-to-time, but a permanent Jake & Snake show for afternoon drive would have been a fucking disaster.

Nobody envisioned them breaking up BaD radio. The pairing of Jake with Corby was more or less resignation that Corby, for some ungodly reason was going to be permanently fixated in drive time. The Ticket just blew up their best show by far and most us of here didn't think that was an option. 

15 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

They alluded to the fact that Corby does dick for show prep when they said Bob passed him in the hall and said see you tomorrow- what time do you usually get here? 2:45?

I am really really really interested to see what happens if Corby does prep. 

We know Bob is going to be prepared...and I think Corby, if he does prep, can be a fantastic co-host.

Then again there is a non zero chance that Corby gets choked out by Bob in the next 3 months

too close dylan GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Here is my HSO...Mike is going to set up a podcast “station” or whathaveyou....and slowly the entire band will get back together. Cut out the corporate overlords, go rated R on content. Profit. 

He aint done. Lots of fight left in the old grey wolf. 

he is going to have to actually prep and do work for that to do well. way too many competitors in that space to half-ass it...legend or not. 

then again if he does a monthly or weekly podcast (say 2 hours of "air time" vs 20 hours of "air time" a week) or it is on topics he cares about maybe it can do quite well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NoName said:

I am really really really interested to see what happens if Corby does prep. 

We know Bob is going to be prepared...and I think Corby, if he does prep, can be a fantastic co-host.

Then again there is a non zero chance that Corby gets choked out by Bob in the next 3 months

too close dylan GIF by Leroy Patterson

This is what I don't get. How was everyone up there ok with the fact that Corby just didnt do shit to prepare for his job? Why wasn't his prime position in drive time radio ever in doubt? Perusing through twitter it's an open secret about his lack of care for the job he's held for the last 13 years. 

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This is what I don't get. How was everyone up there ok with the fact that Corby just didnt do shit to prepare for his job? Why wasn't his prime position in drive time radio ever in doubt? Perusing through twitter it's an open secret about his lack of care for the job he's held for the last 13 years. 

I think it's because he's been there since year 1. Even now when the ratings have gone to shit they aren't moving his terrible radio ass to 10-noon (or better 7-11) where he belongs probably because he's made strong relationships there and they're protecting him. They moved the most well prepared host there in an attempt to babysit him. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Hardline ratings stay in the shitter. 

From the Athletic piece:

One difference for McDowell in going from hosting with Sturm to Kemp is the age gap. While the 50-year-old McDowell was just three years Sturm’s senior, he is 16 years older than Kemp. That part of the equation is just a prayer answered.

“I’ve prayed for a new, young wife, but I didn’t specify my home wife,” McDowell said. “Apparently, my prayers were answered for my work wife. I’m looking forward to it.”

Dan is the best

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

This is just awful.  Flat out awful.

Just like every time Bob was off in other countries searching for kids to christianize any time it was just Dan and Jake it was like eating a pizza with no marinara sauce. It looks very similar and when you pick it up it feels similar, but at first bite it's clear something is missing. This isn't bad but it's unfulfilling

19 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

So an hour in and your mind is made up?  I haven't listened (nor do I really ever get to listen during this time slot) but I don't think you can really judge until you've given them a few months to get the right chemistry.

5 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Nobody envisioned them breaking up BaD radio. The pairing of Jake with Corby was more or less resignation that Corby, for some ungodly reason was going to be permanently fixated in drive time. The Ticket just blew up their best show by far and most us of here didn't think that was an option. 

^ Exhibit A of why people should never base any real life shit solely on what they read on Surly.

58 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I'm afraid you might be right.  Dan doesn't really know shit about shit...because...he just doesn't give a shit.  Jake has never known shit...outside of sports.  This might be a train wreck.

BUT...this slot is pretty much worthless and they can always change it.  The evening drive slot is all they really care about IF they got it right or not.