If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

BaD Radio always had a certain vibe about it.  That was driven by Dan.  As sportsy as it could be with Bob, Dan kept it from being too sportsy and kept it more free-flowing.  That won't change with Jake.  I'm not worried about BaD Radio.  I don't think it will be as great, but it has potential.  Jake is bringing something.

The Hardline is going to be better.  I mean, it has to be. It will be more focused.   It won't ramble around like it had been.  Bob will keep it going forward.  So I'm excited about that.

All of this shuffling pretty much confirms the pecking order at top.  It's Gordo, then Bob.  Those are the two single most important people at The Ticket.  If/when either of them leaves, then it's time to ring the alarms.  But until that happens, this current lineup can work.  It'll be better when Norm leaves and Sirois takes his spot.

• Like 2

Runsheet:

1) Play Terrible shitty open that seems like Danny put together in about 2 1/2 minutes. 

2) Spend most of first segment trying to convince ourselves and everyone that even though this is weird as fuck it'll work. 

3) randomly talk about a boxing match that happened over 29 years ago. 

Profit. 

31 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

BaD Radio always had a certain vibe about it.  That was driven by Dan.  As sportsy as it could be with Bob, Dan kept it from being too sportsy and kept it more free-flowing.  That won't change with Jake.  I'm not worried about BaD Radio.  I don't think it will be as great, but it has potential.  Jake is bringing something.

The Hardline is going to be better.  I mean, it has to be. It will be more focused.   It won't ramble around like it had been.  Bob will keep it going forward.  So I'm excited about that.

All of this shuffling pretty much confirms the pecking order at top.  It's Gordo, then Bob.  Those are the two single most important people at The Ticket.  If/when either of them leaves, then it's time to ring the alarms.  But until that happens, this current lineup can work.  It'll be better when Norm leaves and Sirois takes his spot.

All of this.

I like Jake a lot and I'm a fan of Dan, but ultimately Bob is my guy and I'll follow him anywhere. Still wish the old team would've just relaunched during drive time, but the Hardline regained a listener today. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

One segment into the hardline and I'm feeling a lot better about it than I do about bad radio. Outside of that horrendous intro.

this ^^^

Yeah, it's day 1 but I'll go ahead and call my shot...

og hardline > 2020 "hardline" > og bad radio > last few years "hardline" >>>> new "bad radio" (not including morning or mid-morning)

And don't shit yourself, that was their main focus.  If you don't know that, you're too dumb to weigh in on this subject...and you're probably a poster named junior miller (who, let's face it, is too dumb to weigh in on anything).

Anyway...they got the right combo for a great new evening drive.  10:00am to 3:00pm...who knows...

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Runsheet:

1) Play Terrible shitty open that seems like Danny put together in about 2 1/2 minutes. 

2) Spend most of first segment trying to convince ourselves and everyone that even though this is weird as fuck it'll work. 

3) randomly talk about a boxing match that happened over 29 years ago. 

Profit. 

Tyson losing to Buster Douglas 30 years ago tonight was MASSIVE

• Like 1

Enjoyed the Hardline so much more than I thought I would, Bob is greatness. I do wonder how he'll handle future remotes at bars or whatever when Corby and Danny are having a few beers. Mike could keep up with the irreverence and raunchy humor but that's not Bob's wheelhouse.

Bad radio is going to take some time, I felt like Dan wasn't exactly feeling the new change. I like Jake, love listening to him talk about the Mavs and basketball in general, and I think he has a good sense of humor, but I wish he'd outgrow the angsty teenager way he talks sometimes. Lot of awkwardness in their exchanges today but that'll get worked out as they develop chemistry

I feel the opposite. Dan and Jake were great today, which is to be expected as they’ve done plenty of shows together anytime just bob is out. Bob seemed quite tentative and nervous and not freely himself yet. Lots of overly enthusiastic but nervous talk and laughter. I think it will take Bob a good month or so to settle down and just find his voice again.

I think today showed me how damn impressive bob can be with his sport knowledge without boring the shit outta me with it. The way I told my dad is he’s my Norm, my dad has loved Norm forever, disliked the ticket despite being a day 1 until Norm went over.

Mein Kempf was decent. it was,as someone put it above, like when Bob goes on vacation or to adopt another born baby. I think they’ll survive and figure something out. I think Bob just might save the Hardline after all.

Also as above, who gets Keary?!? I hope Bob so when Texas beats OU he can work Corba over. Send LVE to norm and find a Mav for Jake to have a weekly call-in with.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

FML bob bringing stars chat to hardline

hell, Dan and Jake's first segment after the open was about the Stars.  Stars are kicking ass.  nothing wrong with some Stars talk.  let's be honest, they're the DFW franchise closest to winning a title.  at least until Luka and the Mavs catch.

the Bowness interview segment might not be great, but HL always had the Stars coach.  at least Bob knows what he's talking about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

hell, Dan and Jake's first segment after the open was about the Stars.  Stars are kicking ass.  nothing wrong with some Stars talk.  let's be honest, they're the DFW franchise closest to winning a title.  at least until Luka and the Mavs catch.

the Bowness interview segment might not be great, but HL always had the Stars coach.  at least Bob knows what he's talking about.

Got that right 

Ain't nobody said anything about Baseball Jesus getting the call out of retirement.               

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’s grown on me over the years. He’s a steady guy that everyone seems to genuinely like. He’s not as funny as George, and doesn’t bring much comedy to the table, but there’s a lot to be said for being well liked in any organization. He could fit in with a lot of shows as a 2nd or 3rd wheel. 

Same. I can't think of a time where Donovan has annoyed me or had some dumbass take that made me change the station.  I'm not sure I can say that about any of the other regulars.  He's not the best of the bunch for sure but he's solid IMO.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’s grown on me over the years. He’s a steady guy that everyone seems to genuinely like. He’s not as funny as George, and doesn’t bring much comedy to the table, but there’s a lot to be said for being well liked in any organization. He could fit in with a lot of shows as a 2nd or 3rd wheel. 

Not to mention he's the only Longhorn fan at the station. I thought Jake used to be but he's not very vocal about it.

56 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not to mention he's the only Longhorn fan at the station. I thought Jake used to be but he's not very vocal about it.

Jake is reticent to express his Longhorn fandom because he's overly sensitive about the fact that he didn't attend UT. Although he seemingly has no reservations about going all in on Tech with his wife being an alum. Which makes me wonder how she ended up there after growing up in Louisiana.