If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

He’s grown on me over the years. He’s a steady guy that everyone seems to genuinely like. He’s not as funny as George, and doesn’t bring much comedy to the table, but there’s a lot to be said for being well liked in any organization. He could fit in with a lot of shows as a 2nd or 3rd wheel. 

George? He has to be the least funny guy in the ticket.
  • Like 2

I like Donnie. Nothing spectacular about him but he's solid and likeable, I think he does a good job filling in for any of the other shows. He and Sirois are great together, I wish Norm would hurry the fuck up and retire already, that 10-noon slot is absolutely perfect for a Donny, Sirois and Julie show

• Like 2

Jake is reticent to express his Longhorn fandom because he's overly sensitive about the fact that he didn't attend UT. Although he seemingly has no reservations about going all in on Tech with his wife being an alum. Which makes me wonder how she ended up there after growing up in Louisiana. 

She went to Tech because she’s not real smart. But smart enough to get the heck out of Louisiana.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Not to mention he's the only Longhorn fan at the station. I thought Jake used to be but he's not very vocal about it.

I always assumed he was a fan as a kid and the Vince years hit right when he was 18-20, but he didn't go there and doesn't have any real family ties to the university so he just kind of stopped caring much as he got older. 

14 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Jake is reticent to express his Longhorn fandom because he's overly sensitive about the fact that he didn't attend UT. Although he seemingly has no reservations about going all in on Tech with his wife being an alum. Which makes me wonder how she ended up there after growing up in Louisiana. 

I’m veering a bit off topic, but I’ve seen this from people over the years as well (I.e. closet fans because they didn’t attend).  I think it’s OK to be a fan of UT (or wherever) even if you didn’t go there, or even go to college. I’e met lots of UT fans who did not attend UT.

55 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

I’m veering a bit off topic, but I’ve seen this from people over the years as well (I.e. closet fans because they didn’t attend).  I think it’s OK to be a fan of UT (or wherever) even if you didn’t go there, or even go to college. I’e met lots of UT fans who did not attend UT.

Especially with how damn impossible it is for kids to get in now. Off topic indeed but pretty much need t-shirt fan support going forward.   So I agree it's ok, unless it's Corby, because you can't flip flop support between teams in the same damn conference when you actually attended one of those schools.   I've seen his ass decked out in purple at a tailgate before Texas/TCU (the Charlie game they just destroyed us).

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Certain fake voices, particularly Irvin, would indicate George is significantly funnier than Donovan. Don’t let red dirt Jub fool you. 

Well, we found out this morning that JubJub watches This Is Us.

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Especially with how damn impossible it is for kids to get in now. Off topic indeed but pretty much need t-shirt fan support going forward.   So I agree it's ok, unless it's Corby, because you can't flip flop support between teams in the same damn conference when you actually attended one of those schools.   I've seen his ass decked out in purple at a tailgate before Texas/TCU (the Charlie game they just destroyed us).

He did go to TCU. That's better than his unabashed OU-fandom IMO.

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Certain fake voices, particularly Irvin, would indicate George is significantly funnier than Donovan. Don’t let red dirt Jub fool you. 

Fake Hansen is damn good.   I'll give Simple that much.       

Donovan's neither funny or insightful.  He's like a less preachy Sean Adams (RIP). 

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Well, we found out this morning that JubJub watches This Is Us.

He did go to TCU. That's better than his unabashed OU-fandom IMO.

Right.  I wouldn't have a problem with it if he didn't celebrate OU victories over TCU.  If you celebrate a Big 12 title against a school you attended, you should revoke any fandom of your actual school.

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He did go to TCU.

Which you'd never know if you didn't look closer, because he's forever dickriding sooner, because they win more, and corby is a front-running fair-weather fuckstain.  If Ou hit a rough patch and TCU got really good, he'd be saddling up to ride toad cock.  As far as fans go, he's the lowest of the low.

25 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Which you'd never know if you didn't look closer, because he's forever dickriding sooner, because they win more, and corby is a front-running fair-weather fuckstain.  If Ou hit a rough patch and TCU got really good, he'd be saddling up to ride toad cock.  As far as fans go, he's the lowest of the low.

Didn't he actually end up graduating from North Texas?

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Has he ever discussed his OU fandom?  Does he have some sort of connection or were they just good when he was a kid?  I know Junior lived on OK for some time as a kid.

His family is from there and I think both his parents graduated from OU. He also grew up going to games there. Not sure why he chose TCU over OU. 

The concert calendar with Danny sucks. He basically picks one concert per night from somebody he likes and that’s it. He’ll play a song and they’ll talk about it, then onto the next night.

They need to do it like they did with Mike. 5 or 6 shows each night and just quick riffs on each. 

Other than that, solid week for HL 2.0. 

On 2/14/2020 at 10:12 AM, Wally Pryor said:

Donovan's neither funny or insightful.  He's like a less preachy Sean Adams (RIP). 

Finding Donnie funny is subjective but he's at the very least super easy-going and always down for whatever the other guys are. I wouldn't put him in my top 5 ticket personalities but I see him as a good fit, a solid role player.

Sean Adams was a "good dude" but never in a million years would've done the upper decker bit. No one from Austin sports radio would ever try any ticket style bits, or even agree to go along with them probably.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:25 PM, Junior Miller said:

Dan and Jake was decent after that first day for the little I listed to it. Tried to give the afternoon a shot but Corby is too big of a beating. Ruined Bob completely except for one stars segment I heard. Will just have to go back and find Bob centric segments on sports and ignore the rest. 

I feel like everything with Corby is hella contrived. From the way he laughs ridiculously hard at any and everything to the stories and anecdotes he obviously makes up or artificially creates, he just comes off as inauthentic to me. I hope Bob stops deferring to him as much as he did this past week. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:33 PM, cactusflinthead said:

I'm gonna declare for team Dan Paul.

Are y'all upset about the mean tweets reading? That was great. 

He also got Traces of Texas a shitload of new followers. Because of combo platter Tex-Mex history. 

They have worked with each other before, but not like this. I'm interested to see where it goes. 

i would love to see that be a reoccurring segment - even if it is just like 1x a month