If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Danny is just so out of place on this new show. It’s amazing he never got on my nerves during the old hardline. 

He's a one of the reasons I stopped listening to The Hardline years ago. Okieboy is the other.

I posted it months ago during first few weeks of change and haven’t been listening since working from home last two months, but Danny seemed  like he was trying too hard to give bob a hard time and it made it awkward. Like he was a bit bitter he didn’t get the cohost job and was being extra snarky. He even stopped down good convos with his jokes at times.

He's the only one that doesn't realize that he shouldn't talk over the hosts, especially Bob. Corby is Danny's buddy and they're essentially on the same level, tweedle dee can talk over tweedle dum but when Bob is speaking there is nothing Danny can add that is worthy of any sort of interruption. But Bob is the nice guy and tolerates it. Dan wouldn't be quite so patient

Rhynes was checked out/beaten down by the Corby & Danny show the last few years and instead of grabbing the Knox City Knocker by the nose and telling him to sit down, shut up and learn a few things, he digressed and gave him free reins. This fed Danny's ego problem and now he's getting a reality check. If he thinks Corby is going to save his job vs Bob wanting him gone (if it comes to that) he's choosing poorly. He needs to step up his producing game, not speak unless spoken to and support the on air guys (silently).

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 6:49 AM, futureman said:

why do they even give blake a mic?  motherfuck that bitch chimes in way too much.  cat is so fucking awful at his job.  cat should never get on the air, either; cat and blake should never be heard over the airwaves ever again. 

Everybody see now? Dude is already in the running for worst on-air personality the station has ever had.

13 hours ago, RPM said:

Rhynes was checked out/beaten down by the Corby & Danny show the last few years and instead of grabbing the Knox City Knocker by the nose and telling him to sit down, shut up and learn a few things, he digressed and gave him free reins. This fed Danny's ego problem and now he's getting a reality check. If he thinks Corby is going to save his job vs Bob wanting him gone (if it comes to that) he's choosing poorly. He needs to step up his producing game, not speak unless spoken to and support the on air guys (silently).

Simplest solution would be to switch Sirois and Danny. Sirois showed he was a great fit with Bob and Corby, and Danny would not say a word to Norm and Donny. Win, win. 

• Like 2

I agree wholeheartedly with Less Danny but they inexplicably are having him do CQH every night and the pig pen whenever that comes on.

I guess I just don’t get it.

I like Danny but feels like they’re throwing him a bone with CQH. That was Corby’s deal and needs to stay that way, even if he never read the stories before going on air.

8 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Simplest solution would be to switch Sirois and Danny. Sirois showed he was a great fit with Bob and Corby, and Danny would not say a word to Norm and Donny. Win, win. 

Sirois is the best thing they have going for them. He's old school ticket greatness. 

But I think cat feels like he is stuck with Danny where he's at. That being said I don't know why they give him so much airtime. Fernando hasn't had as much mic time in his career as Danny has had this year.

Just goes to show, that even a checked out rhyner carried that program more than they want to admit. 

• Like 1

There's nothing better than Sirois on any ticket trip. He was easily the mvp on the Miami trip. I'm split between the idea of him replacing Danny or forcing Norm into retirement and having Sirois and Donny be the new 10-noon, him and Donny are just naturally good together. It's all just a pipe dream though, Norm isn't close to being done flubbing and farting his way through the invasion and for whatever reason I think Danny's job is equally secure

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Norms gets a lot of shit but he still has his moments. Reminds me of this rant from a few years ago. He's the best college football voice in DFW

http://www.theunticket.com/norm-sounds-off-on-baylor/

Is that the same Norm that’s had Dave Bliss on his show multiple times since he blamed the dead guy?

• Like 1

Bob Wilonsky's Music Survey

Hates: Dave Matthews Band

Overrated: Grateful Dead (considered The Doors)

Under-appreciated: Randy Newman (considered Warren Zevon)

Band he loves: Elvis Costello & the Attractions

Can listen to over and over again: Beastie Boys (mainly because of Paul's Boutique)

Band that made him fall in love with music: The Jackson 5

Band that changed his life: The Judy's

Band that surprised me: XTC

Guilty Pleasure: Michael McDonald

Band should've seen by now: Beyonce

Great band to see live: LCD Soundsystem (also mentioned Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones and Radiohead)

I agree with him about LCD -- as good a live band as I've ever seen.

• Like 1

not sure how many of y’all caught it but gordo has done fake stephen jones a few times.  not the weird baby voice he does with fake jerry, but an actual good impersonation of stephen and his dumb drawl.  it’s very good.  he needs to put together a full 840 with it

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Sounds like Robert is really, really trying way too hard to be a hipster. 

what makes you say that? i dont really think hipster when i see names like randy newman, michael mcdonald and beyonce.  but what the fuck do i know.

• Like 1

So I guess the Ticket just partnered with a nationally syndicated show for evenings to replace Ferrall.  Fox this time.  Caught the first of it last night in the car.  The guy (didnt catch his name) started off by thanking Jeff Catlin, and then going on and on about his amazing Jerry Jones impression and how he was going to use it all the time for the listeners in Dallas.  He even did it for a minute.  It was terrible of course.  Had to figure Cat was somewhere listening and shaking his head.

• Like 1