If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Wilonsky at a Radiohead or Beastie Boys show is contrived. Saying the Dead are overrated is contrarian. 

I like Wilonsky. I don’t worship at his altar like many. I do worship at the altar of Gordo, Mino and @Grubes.  I listen to him like I listen to Junior or Sturm or Rhynes. They know a lot and can paint an audio picture that is oftentimes great. But they can say a lot of retarded shit. Bob could eliminate most if any all of his goofy shit by toning down the length of his questions. 

Isn't Wilonksy around Corby's age? Radiohead and the Beastie Boys would be right in his wheelhouse. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

14 minutes ago, threesheets said:

and then going on and on about his amazing Jerry Jones impression and how he was going to use it all the time for the listeners in Dallas.  He even did it for a minute.

damn.  would have loved to have heard it. 

45 minutes ago, threesheets said:

So I guess the Ticket just partnered with a nationally syndicated show for evenings to replace Ferrall.  Fox this time.  Caught the first of it last night in the car.  The guy (didnt catch his name) started off by thanking Jeff Catlin, and then going on and on about his amazing Jerry Jones impression and how he was going to use it all the time for the listeners in Dallas.  He even did it for a minute.  It was terrible of course.  Had to figure Cat was somewhere listening and shaking his head.

About time. I'm not sure FOX will be any better than CBS, but at least it's not The Fan's discards. Still don't understand why they don't run some tier 2 talent out for a night show.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, C-Man said:

Junior's Goose Gosselin impersonation might be the new leader in the clubhouse for Ticket impression that sounds the least like the person does in real life. I picked up snippets of Fake Mack Brown in there.

I actually think it’s the best character Junior does.  Which isn’t saying much.

22 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

really, really trying way too hard to be a hipster. 

Redundant post is redundant.  All hipsters try too hard to be a hipster.  It’s the definition of a hipster...someone who tries way to hard to make it look like he doesn’t try very hard.

23 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Shut the fuck up @Drew

I mean you can't give him that kind of Props.  He could NEVER be me. Oh, and you're still a bitch.  The fact that you and Futureman get along so well really just proves that you're probably the worst poster on this entire site.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

so... unmarried. 

Seem to recall her having another name in parentheses on her Twitter handle so guessing Kristin Keith is her stage name and she's actually married but who knows? I just know T's are poppin'!

6 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I actually think it’s the best character Junior does.  Which isn’t saying much.

He did a pretty good fake Scott Murray back in the 90's -- longtime very generic NBC 5 sports anchor, now with a non-sports Sunday radio show on KLIF.

4 hours ago, Blutarski said:

He did a pretty good fake Scott Murray back in the 90's -- longtime very generic NBC 5 sports anchor, now with a non-sports Sunday radio show on KLIF.

Holy shit I'm old enough that someone is explaining who Scott Murray is on a Dallas thread.  Fuck me.

Edited by threesheets
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

FIFY

Duh.

It is vitally important to understand that listening via the internet (streaming) is counted equally in the radio business, always has been

Lol.  You know how I know that was written by someone at the Ticket?  What a fucking joke.

It does count.  Just not audited like PPM.  So the Ticket figured that out and decided they'd just tell people that everyone in DFW is streaming their shit all the time and no one is gonna call them on it.  Meanwhile the spots you hear on the stream are going for $10 per (or flat out given away as added value), while the same spot on terrestrial might go for $400+.    

44 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Local ESPN radio should just light itself on fire at this point. 

I flip over there from time to time to see how bad it's gotten (narrator: It was already terrible) but haven't in awhile. Might have to check it out when I get out in the car later.