If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 7/2/2020 at 10:37 AM, Landomatic said:

Not the point.  Jake knows a lot about some sports.  He's also very young and immature and knows very little about much else and paired with Corby for prime time would have been a fucking disaster.

I catch midday a few times a week for about 30-45 minutes at a time. I've already heard Jake get pissed off with Blake and Dan several times for them being either unprepared on something or other or not being on point with a segment.

As far as wanting a tier 1 host to know a lot about all sports, can anyone check that box except for maybe Bob? 1993 Norm?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

Wow. How exactly weren't they going in the direction he wanted to go? He's been fairly checked out for the past couple of years. 

Here’s the full interview.  He was discussing the state of the radio industry in general, but also seemed to be pointing at The Ticket

https://vokalnow.com/video/3141

Edited by AustinMT

7 hours ago, D_Goose said:

I catch midday a few times a week for about 30-45 minutes at a time. I've already heard Jake get pissed off with Blake and Dan several times for them being either unprepared on something or other or not being on point with a segment.

As far as wanting a tier 1 host to know a lot about all sports, can anyone check that box except for maybe Bob? 1993 Norm?

So Jake knows a lot about some sports and he’s a dumbass when it comes to just about everything else.  Cool, so we agree...what’s your point?

6 hours ago, Landomatic said:

So Jake knows a lot about some sports and he’s a dumbass when it comes to just about everything else.  Cool, so we agree...what’s your point?

You just don't like the cut of his jib, that's fine. Characterizing the guy as some kind of slacker bum? Not accurate. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

He's hinted more than once he's not going off air. The timing is all screwed up, but I could see him becoming part of the Rangers broadcast team. Pre/Post game show? Maybe rejoin Rody and do sports on The Pirate?

Edited by RPM

15 hours ago, D_Goose said:

You just don't like the cut of his jib, that's fine. Characterizing the guy as some kind of slacker bum? Not accurate. 

When did I ever say he was “some kind of slacker bum”???

You sound like an aggy.  Just keep adjusting the facts to fit your agenda.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:37 AM, Landomatic said:

Not the point.  Jake knows a lot about some sports.  He's also very young and immature and knows very little about much else and paired with Corby for prime time would have been a fucking disaster.

Jake is like 33. you must be like 90 if you think 33 is "very young"

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

And you must be like 12 if you think 33 is old.

there is a big difference between saying someone who is 33 is "young" and someone who is "very young"

i am sure you will say it was a throw away line but it was a dumb one.

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

Did Jake make fun of Lando's favorite Highland Park restaurant? Your hard on for him is about as weird as C-Man's for Sean Bass. 

I might've been out front on that but people are starting to come around to my way of thinking.

4 hours ago, futureman said:

sean bass is a big, fat pussy. 

See?

15 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Corby is older than Bob and has plenty of life experience. His issue is he never goes straight, like Bob, Junior, George, Norm or Mike did. Jake can go straight and lead a program and really does that for Dan. Still, despite some kinks they got it right.

That's been my point from the jump.  They got it right.  Jake wasn't ready for prime time and he and Corby together were too much bro bro radio, especially for prime time.  Again, they know the formula and they got it right...despite what all the armchair sports radio general managers around here thought.

Sirois needs a show and now. I think the decision to go with Jake over Sirois now is because Jake can lead a show. Sirois can too, but tends to be comedic relief. I think he and Donny would make a great show. 

Couldn't agree more.  Honestly, if they could figure out how to get rid of Norm and Danny (or at least allow Danny on the air a fraction of what he's on now), the little Ticket would have it back to damn near perfect for me.  I don't LOVE everyone that's left standing in that scenario, but I like all 4 of the overall shows in that scenario enough to complain very very little and never feel the need to tune out, which I do now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Gin & Juice is the best version by far. 

I literally just did Junior’s Crested Butte trip the same time he did.  I’ve been a lot of places in Colorado and feel the exact same way he did. I love it. Prettier than any place up further north (Vail/BC) that I usually go to. Would love to take that hike from CB to Aspen. 

Everyone must do a Texas-Colorado roadtrip at least once. I love Breckenridge during mud season and they throw a helluva 4th of July. Never been to Crested Butte but I should probably put it on the short list.

Jake's "Music of My Life" list:

Hate: Maroon 5

Overrated: Nirvana

Under Appreciated: LCD Soundsystem

Loves: Mack Miller (?? sp)

Listen to over and over: Daft Punk

Made him fall in love with music: Blink 182

Changed his life: Pepper Theft (met his wife at a show)

Surprised him: Ryan Bingham

Guilty pleasure: Carly Rae Jepsen (or Miley Cyrus -- he loves all that shit)

Band should've seen by now: Rage Against the Machine

Great to see live: Leon Bridges

• Like 1

I swear this was one of the worst Musers' days in a long time. Kept finding myself either tuning out or fast forwarding through segments. Auction audio, playing 10 minutes worth of George Shea audio, rehashing The Decision, rehashing Patrick Mahomes 2014 recruiting talk + 2017 NFL draft, this boring-ass 18-minute  Texas Rangers author interview...

Gin & Juice is the best version by far. 
I literally just did Junior’s Crested Butte trip the same time he did.  I’ve been a lot of places in Colorado and feel the exact same way he did. I love it. Prettier than any place up further north (Vail/BC) that I usually go to. Would love to take that hike from CB to Aspen. 

Rode halfway from there to Aspen on a mountain bike via Pearl Pass. Was pretty much toast from doing 401/403 loop the day before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I swear this was one of the worst Musers' days in a long time. Kept finding myself either tuning out or fast forwarding through segments. Auction audio, playing 10 minutes worth of George Shea audio, rehashing The Decision, rehashing Patrick Mahomes 2014 recruiting talk + 2017 NFL draft, this boring-ass 18-minute  Texas Rangers author interview...

Only heard the simple George tv vacation segment about auction channel and eating contest, made me ragey. “I maybe a simpleton but that shea intro speech gives me chills with all that’s going on in the world”... fat fuck

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I took that more as a return volley to all the "you just lost a listener" types who bitched at them on Twitter about needing to stick to sports or they were going to lose in the ratings to the Fan. 

This.  And all the replies to this tweet about "liberal agenda" are just stupid.  The Ticket guys are pretty much just addressing current issues at hand in the absence of sports of any significance to discuss.  I assume that, for these listeners, anything less than direct Fox News-style criticism of anything BLM/protest-related is a "liberal agenda". 

3 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Y'all should really check out that P1 group on FB.  It'll either give you a boost of self confidence or make you wish you didn't have to share the same planet with those people.  Or both.

That's okay. I get enough of futureman on here. I don't need more exposure to people like him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I enjoyed the Argumentative Middle Ages Man segment.

Corby really liked Hamilton. Color me shocked, although I guess that's not exactly an outlandish opinion.

And I do remember Norm and D doing a segment on Phantom of the Opera a while back, but wouldn't have pegged Sirois as a Broadway guy. Another reason for me to like him.

Edited by LonghornSean