If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 7/20/2020 at 2:17 PM, NOMAAA said:

i couldnt hear you.  please talk as loud as possible into the microphone.

Titus and Tater here!

I know it's not right, but that's what I hear every damn time. 

On 7/20/2020 at 7:37 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

Big dumb Danny strikes again

Hardline discussing whether people will refuse to get the Covid vaccine:

Danny: “I think it’ll be 50/50 whether people get the vaccine. People don’t want to be told what to do.”

Corby: “Why?! Did you guys get a polio vaccine?”

Danny: “That’s an immunization. A vaccine  is a completely different thing”

It made me shake my head. 

No, it's exactly the same thing. 

Early this morning the Musers were discussing some pro golfer who won a tournament last weekend and how he had just barley been scratching out a living for awhile. Jr. eventually points out that the guy has earned roughly $10 million in his career, and they decide that he averaged around $700,000 a year. 

Fucking Everyman George goes on to say, “Well, with taxes and expense that just doesn’t go as far as you think it would.” 

Gen X Davey's "Music of Your Life" list

Hates: Starts with a joke about including Lisa Loeb here but goes with Blues Traveler

Overrated: Bob Dylan (rightly considered Red Hot Chili Peppers -- best thing to come from RHCP is Grubes' guitar solo IMO)

Love:  New Order

Under-appreciated: Talk Talk

Could listen to over and over:  Depeche Mode

Made him fall in love with music: Men At Work

Changed his life: The Smiths

Surprised him: Radiohead

Guilty Pleasure: Dua Lipa

Should've seen by now: Kraftwerk

Great band to see live: The Cure

Next week: Kid Reed from Kid 'N Play

Edited by C-Man

21 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

What caused the Board’s hatred for Reid?  He was one of the biggest things going during our formative years, esp Donny. Yeah he tries to take over the show a bit but that is based on familiarity. I don’t think he’ll do that with Musers and they won’t let him. 

Gen X Davey’s pics were predictably emo-terrible. Except Dylan. Incredibly overrated. 

Depeche Mode, New Order, The Smiths and Radiohead -- pretty sure none of that is considered "emo" but you keep on doing you. Personally, I'm a huge fan of all four of those bands.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I meant New Wave each time I said that. No idea what I was thinking. Substituting Radiohead for The Cure, those four in particular have a distinct sound that to me is depressing. Never liked them. Duran Duran Is a totally different story for me. Deep he Mode and New Order have some good songs and I think they’re okay. The Cure is unadulterated garbage.  

No worries. Dave and I are almost exactly the same age and we share a lot of the same taste in music. I was also a huge fan of Men at Work like he said he was when "Business As Usual" came out.

10 hours ago, futureman said:

texas stadium was awesome and he misses it and the death star is a big lifeless abortion with no soul. 

Yeah, I get it.  That said, I think we tend to romanticize the older places. Jerry World is pretty plastic, and I agree with those that say you get distracted from the game because of the screen.  But Texas Stadium was not Soldier Field, Arrowhead, etc.  It was f***ing hot until the cooler months, and had bad air circulation, and did not have any great historical significance, so moving on was, to me, not a big issue.  I agree you can debate whether Jerry World was the way to go, but I don’t have an issue about building a new stadium.  

Two other comparisons: First,  I remember going to games at the old Arlington stadium.  It was an intimate place to watch a game, but was hot.  Stupid hot, and had bad concourses and bad food.  When the new stadium opened, it was great but you know what?  Still pretty miserably hot a lot of times.  The “new” old stadium was a great stadium, but the retractable roof will be nice.

Second, I grew up in Houston and went to a lot of games at the Astrodome.  Great memories of going to games with my Dad, watching the scoreboard, etc.  But you know what?  It was a terrible place to watch a game, football or baseball.  Like all of the multi-purpose stadiums built in that era, it had bad site lines, and seats at awkward angles.  But it was air-conditioned, so it had that going for it. Which is nice.

Really, I’m just at the point where it’s a lot easier and more comfortable to watch games (if we have any) on my TV, with my sound system, with better food and booze.

1 minute ago, NOMAAA said:

Sorry bud.

Yeah.  Notice I said “grew up there.”  Got out and only go back occasionally. And before others start, I’m not a Houston hater.  Great restaurants, great arts scene.  Just not my choice of a place to live.

2 hours ago, AustinMT said:

Yeah, I get it.  That said, I think we tend to romanticize the older places. Jerry World is pretty plastic, and I agree with those that say you get distracted from the game because of the screen.  But Texas Stadium was not Soldier Field, Arrowhead, etc.  It was f***ing hot until the cooler months, and had bad air circulation, and did not have any great historical significance, so moving on was, to me, not a big issue.  I agree you can debate whether Jerry World was the way to go, but I don’t have an issue about building a new stadium.  

Two other comparisons: First,  I remember going to games at the old Arlington stadium.  It was an intimate place to watch a game, but was hot.  Stupid hot, and had bad concourses and bad food.  When the new stadium opened, it was great but you know what?  Still pretty miserably hot a lot of times.  The “new” old stadium was a great stadium, but the retractable roof will be nice.

Second, I grew up in Houston and went to a lot of games at the Astrodome.  Great memories of going to games with my Dad, watching the scoreboard, etc.  But you know what?  It was a terrible place to watch a game, football or baseball.  Like all of the multi-purpose stadiums built in that era, it had bad site lines, and seats at awkward angles.  But it was air-conditioned, so it had that going for it. Which is nice.

Really, I’m just at the point where it’s a lot easier and more comfortable to watch games (if we have any) on my TV, with my sound system, with better food and booze.

Texas Stadium was iconic for the hole in the roof so God could watch his team. It was horrible for the roving shadow and concrete concave surface. Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett would have much better legs today if they never played a game there.

I watched several games at Arlington Stadium and a few at The Ballpark including 2 WS. It's gonna take a WS to get me to set foot in the GiLF.

The whoring out of communities to fund stadiums is highly offensive to me, but if they're willing to give up the pooper, have at it.

good lord the Ticket is so much more seamless with Bewm in Da House from 10 to noon.  Donnie, Sirois, and Peter work well together.   i doubt Peter will be their full-time producer when Norm "retires" and Sirois moves up to tier 1.  he's got a straight gig. curious as to who they'll get.  the return of TC?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, AustinMT said:

I would like Jerry World much better if they opened the fucking roof for most of the games. Oh, and put a goddamn drape so the sun isn't in the eyes of one team for all fall 3 PM games.

I also was born in Houston and my first big sporting events were Astros and Oilers games at the Dome and Rockets games at the Summit in the late 70's. Good times. (We got out too -- moved to SA before first grade.)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

good lord the Ticket is so much more seamless with Bewm in Da House from 10 to noon.  Donnie, Sirois, and Peter work well together.   i doubt Peter will be their full-time producer when Norm "retires" and Sirois moves up to tier 1.  he's got a straight gig. curious as to who they'll get.  the return of TC?

Too bad Norm signed a new 3-year deal a few months ago

Surely that norm deal, if true, has some winding down/split time on the horizon. And I think putting mino or monty as producer would be solid with them. Especially given siriois and montys explosive history over fantasy baseball

12 minutes ago, bluto said:

Surely that norm deal, if true, has some winding down/split time on the horizon. And I think putting mino or monty as producer would be solid with them. Especially given siriois and montys explosive history over fantasy baseball emoji23.png

i can't imagine they move Mino out of his role, they don't really have a replacement board op for him - i mean, i love Cray Trey but not sure they want him as board op for that timeslot? and Jer isn't going anywhere obviously

Wanted to try this

Hates: Radiohead

Overrated: Tied. Springsteen and Sting

Under-appreciated: Collie Budz

Love: Stick Figure

Could listen to over and over:  AiC

Made me fall in love with music:  ACDC Back in Black

Changed my life: NIN

Surprised me: Smiths

Guilty Pleasure: Death Cab for Cutie

Should've seen by now: Pink Floyd

Great to see live: Ozzy - NRFTW tour