If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No they don’t. He’s a not a bigger draw than, in order, than Gordo, Junior, George, Bob, Corby, and Dan. 

The numbers for his relatively meaningless time slot don’t mean anything. 

norm and d gets the highest ratings of all the shows.  the truth hurts. 

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

I've always wondered which host/hosts have the most sponsored ads. They all do live spots but I'm talking D&M Leasing, Bob's, etc. Just based on casual listening, it has to be Norm. 

I always wonder what's goes through Donovan's mind when he listens to something like the All Pro foundation ad and notices that literally every hosts on the station (including Jake who has been a host for all of 5 minutes) except him has a part in it. Listening to the Ticket exclusively through the app I probably miss some of the ads, but it seems like even Mike Sirois, Ty Walker, and Danny Balis have more spots than Donovan.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

For the Little Ticket listeners on the TuneIn Radio app, it appears they have recently disabled the ability to pause/ 30 sec skip backward/ forward, if you are using the built-in Ticket streaming link.  Same with a number of other streaming stations.  Guess Cumulus/ radio powers are cracking down. 

Solution to this is enter a manual URL for the Ticket, and save it as a favorite.  Launch from the URL and Pause/ 30 Sec. Skip functionality will be restored.  However, Record does not work.

For the Little Ticket listeners on the TuneIn Radio app, it appears they have recently disabled the ability to pause/ 30 sec skip backward/ forward, if you are using the built-in Ticket streaming link.  Same with a number of other streaming stations.  Guess Cumulus/ radio powers are cracking down. 
Solution to this is enter a manual URL for the Ticket, and save it as a favorite.  Launch from the URL and Pause/ 30 Sec. Skip functionality will be restored.  However, Record does not work.

Check out ooTunes. It allows you to pause, record, scroll through recordings and even schedule future recordings. I record the 5:30am until I wake up parts of the Musers and can listen to them later on in the day whenever I want.

7aaaf6280922892c9c1a48169fb60333.jpg

9e1cd228a88777e0a7c8dfc91c7f4e5b.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If Norm were on another stations and went head to head in drive time he’d get smoked. 

Norm is a Dallas legend. He was around long before the Little Ticket. The amount of connections he has in sports, business and the community are why he's still on the air and will be until he decides otherwise. He brings a built in audience and sponsors.

He wouldn't go to The Fan. It would be ESPN (103) or one of the AMs.

I have to admit Norm bias. I was working at WFAA when he was doing morning drive followed by Kevin McCarthy 9-12 and John Rody Noon - 3. Those were some golden radio days.

Edited by RPM

On 8/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, mdleast said:

Check out ooTunes. It allows you to pause, record, scroll through recordings and even schedule future recordings. I record the 5:30am until I wake up parts of the Musers and can listen to them later on in the day whenever I want.

Thanks! this looks like a great app.  I'm an android phone user, and it looks like they only have an ios version.  I'll check it out on my ipad though.

I sometimes record streaming audio with Applian's replay media catcher on my pc.  Then use windows task scheduler to automatically move the files to dropbox, for streaming to to my phone/ networked devices.  A little more involved to set up, but, it does a good job.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, mdleast said:

7aaaf6280922892c9c1a48169fb60333.jpg

9e1cd228a88777e0a7c8dfc91c7f4e5b.jpg

what streaming link to you use for this?

Kid's "Music of Your Life" list:

Hate: ABBA

Overrated: Motley Crue

Under Appreciated: Erika Badu

Love: Aretha Franklin

Could listen to over and over:  Bob Marley

Made him fall in love with music: Billy Joel

Changed his life: Sugarhill Gang

Surprised him: Kacey Musgraves

Guilty Pleasures: Black Eyed Peas and Paul McCartney's Wings

Should've seen by now: Eagles

Great live band: Prince

15 hours ago, pops said:

On board with the not understanding the Kid hate.  I think he's great.  And honestly a testament to the reach of the ticket.  Dude would go to sleep with the muesers.  

my favorite thing about Kid, as opposed to Computer, is that he has great stories.  he knows famous people and tells funny, coherent stories.  yesterday was a great example.  it doesn't come off as gratuitous name-dropping.  it's much more genuine.  love me some Kid.

Posted by

u/peet2

yup

20 hours ago

July Ratings

Hope you’re having a kick-ass summer, time once again for radio ratings.  This covers June 18 thru July 15, which falls during the bi-annual Tier 1 vacation parade and the July 4th weekend.  BaD Radio had a week’s vacation in this window, as did Bob from The Hardline, but the Musers took two full weeks off as well.  The ratings never stop, but vacations still happen. 

Again. Yes, the “stream counts. Always has”. In case you missed it here is the provided explanation from Nielsen’s website: "In the PPM ratings service, station refers to FCC- licensed AM and FM radio broadcasts in analog and digital formats, Internet streams of a licensed radio station, and HD Radio® primary or multicast broadcasts.” (Nielsen).

Now let’s slice into the meat (whaaat? No smoke ring? *gasp*).

Every show on the Ticket won their July time slot over its sports talk competitors.  The exception here was a tie in AM Drive and I’ll accept the blame since I was filling in for two of those weeks, and clearly I’m no Gordo. 

Market-wide listening was down again (-4.6%) and almost (-10%) since May.  

In July 46% of the Ticket’s ratings came from streaming listeners down a smidge from June's 49%, but also consistent in this new post-COVID time.  Since I was asked this elsewhere; pre-COVID the station’s average was about 20%.

M25-54 Dayparts 

6-10a: Ticket 3.9/ Fan 3.9 / ESPN 2.2

10a-Noon: Ticket 6.7 / Fan 5.0 / ESPN 1.9

Noon-3p: Ticket 4.9 / Fan 4.8/ ESPN 1.2

3-7p: Ticket 5.7 / Fan 3.9 / ESPN 1.7

M25-54 / 6a-7p / April -> May -> June -> July

Ticket: 6.4/#2 -> 7.3/#2 -> 6.5/#3 ->5.2/#5

Fan: 3.6/#10 -> 3.7/#10 -> 3.8/#10 -> 4.3#7

ESPN: 1.6/#24 -> 1.5/#23 -> 1.7 #19 -> 1.8/#19

I normally here’s where I post “Ticket Stream vs Fan Terrestrial” numbers, but I didn’t get them and don’t know them.  When I do, I’ll post them here.  Prom-prom. 

On 8/1/2020 at 7:22 PM, LosIllini said:

TuneIn can go burn in hell. I was a premium subscriber until they gave up MLB streams. Now that I can't rewind I have no use for the app. 

Just now, C-Man said:

No BaD Radio today or tomorrow? What's up with that? A Cumulus Station?

They're on vacation. Dan was supposed to be taking his kid to Clemson this week. He still went on vacation even though taking her got pushed back. Jake left for vacation on Friday.