If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

6 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

I haven’t listened since they kicked Greggo off the station.  How bad is it these days? 

why are you even here then?

i was actually unaware that anyone could look at the facts around the Greggo stuff (now that it's out there) and side with him with some of that shit he pulled.

9 hours ago, futureman said:

new hardline sucks. bob sucks. corby sucks. danny sucks.

Sometimes forced marriages work — Brooks & Dunn, Loggins & Messina, the original BaD Radio.  This marriage is not working.  Bob is actually good for the station — they need a true sports nerd somewhere.  Danny is pretty useless, and I’ve always thought Corby is just a yuck-monkey, but Rhyner seemed to flow with it and made it work.  

Sirois was really good when he filed in for Danny.  I don’t seem them ditching Corby, but I’d like to see Bob and Mike Sirois give it a try.

Yeah I've been less and less interested to keep listening to the Hardline lately. All Cowboys most of the time and even E-News which I enjoy tuning into just gets bogged down every day as they go off on tangents constantly and keep circling around each of the three of their comments or jokes or whatever. They rarely make it past two actual stories or news items.

And it's not that I want to hear hard-hitting entertainment analysis from those jackwagons, but the circle jerk just gets old.

Haven't been able to listen to Dan and Jake since the beginning of September.  Miss it.

11 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Yeah I've been less and less interested to keep listening to the Hardline lately. All Cowboys most of the time and even E-News which I enjoy tuning into just gets bogged down every day as they go off on tangents constantly and keep circling around each of the three of their comments or jokes or whatever. They rarely make it past two actual stories or news items.

And it's not that I want to hear hard-hitting entertainment analysis from those jackwagons, but the circle jerk just gets old.

Haven't been able to listen to Dan and Jake since the beginning of September.  Miss it.

Listener since 08 and I've never known E news to be anything different.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, futureman said:

did anyone else catch the end of joel klatt? donovan says “it was great to talk to you” and joel replies “it was great to talk to you, too. you’re a lot better than corby.”

he was joking but not joking.  I bet he misses dan so much. 

He was joking. Donovan said like 3 words during the entire segment. 

Posted by

u/peet2

Ratings Update and Hardline Insight

renderTimingPixel.png

Hey everyone - it’s that time again. Sorry about missing last month, but all the info for this and the previous month are below. Frankly, the point of posting this data was made awhile ago, so not sure how important this is to do every month.  That said, with the topic of the new Hardline that has happened in this space of late, some additional data has been included that should settle any debates.

Now, details:

• We're picking up with two months of data, September and October. September covers the meat of the NBA and NHL playoffs, but more importantly, October is both the beginning of the Cowboys season and the Stars’ Stanley Cup run.

• October ends up being the Ticket’s best single month in over a year with both AM & PM drive hitting #1 and the pair of midday shows pushing to #2. The Stars Cup appearance also drove Ticket night’s to #1.

• Normally in this space, we make mention of a run of vacations or some sort of programming interruption. Here though, it’s important to note this is also a run of the Tier 1 shows at continuous full power. 

You’ll find an update to the normal set of numbers below but before that, with the recent discussions here on r/theticket, concerning the changes to the Hardline, some factual data comes in handy.

No one is asking for leniency (and no one is giving it) for the monumental task of having to build chemistry in the market’s most high profile radio time slot - along with that whole ‘covid killed sports for four months’ thing.  It's totally fair game to pass judgment and have opinions, but in running a Feb-Oct comparison of the Hardline - 2019 vs 2020 - everyone should know the Corby/Bob pairing is doing just fine, thank you.

Hardline Feb-Oct '19 v '20

FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT
2019 8.6 8.6 8.9 10.8 6.0 5.2 5.7 5.2 4.2
2020 6.7 5.2 7.4 8.3 6.8 5.7 6.4 6.1 9.5

Update on the ratings

October

• 6-10a: Ticket 9.2 #1 / Fan 5.3 #6 / ESPN 1.9 #14

• 10a-Noon: Ticket 8.5 #2 / Fan 5.9 #5 / ESPN 1.4 #23

• Noon-3p: Ticket 7.3 #2 / Fan 6.1 #4/ ESPN 1.4 #23

• 3-7p: Ticket 9.5 #1 / Fan 3.8 #8 / ESPN 2.8 #17

M25-54 / 6a-7p / July -> Aug->Sept->Oct 

• Ticket:  5.2/#5 -> 5.7 #5 -> 5.5 #5 -> 9.2 #1

• Fan: 4.3#7 -> 4.5 #8 -> 4.7 #8 -> 5.3 #6

• ESPN: 1.8/#19 -> 2.6 #16 -> 2.1 #18 -> 1.9 #18

Edited by mdmost

On 10/24/2020 at 8:37 AM, Catdaddyhorn said:

I caught him on a couple of The Athletic Cowboys-centered podcasts and to say he didn't have much chemistry or interest in the other guys would be a massive understatement. 

oh, so it was basically like 90% of the last decade at The Little Ticket?

I thought the traffic chick was the worst Bands of Your Life. Nope.

Michelle Rodriguez from 96.3
Hates: Kanye West
Overrated: Drake
Under appreciated: Kylie Fry
Band I love: Randy Rogers Band
Band I can listen to over and over: Old Dominion
Band that made me fall in love with music: Menudo
Band that surprised you: Luke Combs
Guilty pleasure: J Balvin
Great band to see live: Maná

Did Jerry just get into a testy exchange on The Ticket?  I’m getting some information from a few people in Austin that “don’t regularly listen to [this] program but occasionally do when they talk about sports as opposed to Gay Not Gay or other obscure products”. 
It has to be The Fan, right?  [mention=1497]threesheets[/mention], since you’re basically a Fan fan now, can you confirm?

Had an alert on my phone saying he got into with hosts on The Fan when they asked if there was a leadership void (i think) on the team. Then he apologized to them later.