If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

I’m gonna cross post from the DISD thread... also I’m pretty sure I’ve posted this picture on this thread before, perhaps on shaggy. but my dad was at kimball with Rhyner and his yearbook photo is just so priceless. who knew that little fuckin nerd would become one of the most beloved dallasites in the history of the city.

797337D1-4CD7-4E2A-BC45-DC31D18B6DA9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 12:19 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Pretty sure it's the friend group he and his wife hang with, be it through his church, or neighborhood, or the people he's befriended through the years while in Dallas. Years back, I remember him mentioning on Twitter how he never/rarely runs into Longhorn fans in the neighborhoods he's lived in. 

Bob sounds poor.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:58 AM, Jive Turkey said:

when Norm hangs it up

Can't happen fast enough. He's become unlistenable. Surrounding him with younger, more in touch people hasn't done anything to balance things. All it has done is magnify how truly out of touch he is. Instant tune out from 10 to noon for me, which is too bad because I mostly really like the rest of that crew.

20 hours ago, pops said:

Corby frantically reading a story for the first time as he's supposed to be presenting it is peak corby. 

This is so annoying. I mean he doesn't even bother to skim most of the stuff he talks about in E News or otherwise.  How fucking hard is it to do a little prep before you start work at 3pm.

4 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

"Barenaked Ladies were rapping before anybody else was rapping!"

Barenaked Ladies' debut album was released in 1991

Thought Nadel's segment was decent but that comment was ridiculous. And no one questioned him on it

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty funny but Trampled by Turtles popped up on Spotify on my way to pick up my son from school this afternoon. I was listening to a Rayland Baxter playlist. It was a cover of the Pixies' "Where Is My Mind" and it was quite good. Hadn't heard of them until Eric mentioned them this morning. I'm not a huge fan of Eric's broadcast style but he's a DFW icon. He's also a huge music dork. I was sitting a few seats over from him at a show in 2019 at the Toyota Music Center in Las Colinas. It was probably Wilco in the fall -- or Vampire Weekend during the summer.

a40250de9219dbc0efe1121ab2654b49.jpg

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If it wasn’t for Gordo, not sure I’d ever listen again.   Eh, and Dan’s cool too, I suppose.  
Outside of those two, Ticket sucks

thats not totally true.  jer and mino are still great.  sirois is fantastic.  cirque is a great show.  bewm in the house is a great show.  overall i think we need more throwdown newsdesk.

what ever happened to kscott anyway?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

thats not totally true.  jer and mino are still great.  sirois is fantastic.  cirque is a great show.  bewm in the house is a great show.  overall i think we need more throwdown newsdesk.

what ever happened to kscott anyway?

To be fair, I haven't listened too terribly much since Mike retired, so can't really disagree.  When I say the Ticket "sucks", I'm mostly talking about their "stars"; George, Miller, Bob, Norm, Corby and Danny.  I've gotten to where that group is damn near unlistenable.  

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

To be fair, I haven't listened too terribly much since Mike retired, so can't really disagree.  When I say the Ticket "sucks", I'm mostly talking about their "stars"; George, Miller, Bob, Norm, Corby and Danny.  I've gotten to where that group is damn near unlistenable.  

gettin old man.  another lineup change would be really helpful.

George is simple and has bad takes. Junior seems mildly autistic.  Gordon is still good but his above it all both sides more intellectual than thou act gets stale.  Norm is boring.  Dan and Jake is the best show on the ticket right now.  Bob and Corby still work in the context of WTDS and I am done with the ticket for the day after that is over because new hardline is terrible.  Cirque and Work in Progress are solid weekend programming.  

5 hours ago, Continental Op said:

George is simple and has bad takes. Junior seems mildly autistic.  Gordon is still good but his above it all both sides more intellectual than thou act gets stale.  Norm is boring.  Dan and Jake is the best show on the ticket right now.  Bob and Corby still work in the context of WTDS and I am done with the ticket for the day after that is over because new hardline is terrible.  Cirque and Work in Progress are solid weekend programming.  

I think gordo has just had enough. He's the best talent and best writer on the ticket by far but it kind of feels like he's just collecting a paycheck most days which sucks because he's great.

But god bless him...I would have taken a bullet to the brain if I had to work with simple and Junes every day for quarter century. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Cirque 500 today with special guest the Orphanage on right now. 

this is awesome.  i guess Cirque wanted to mix with the Orphanage instead of Country Force on this special day.

i was confused at first.  but it sounds like the Orphanage is pretending they are just wrapping up a show where they had Luka and KP on, and Danny came clean about being sexually abused as a kid by his pastor.

Edited by Jive Turkey

Why has nobody mentioned the BaD Radio review of Predator?  Can't believe they had never seen it. Dan's pitch meeting was classic. Thank God for the Top 10 podcast. Coworkers were wondering wtf was wrong with me last night and trying to explain Dan to the uninitiated just made it worse.  I hate to admit Corby actually added content. Pimping his kid is cheap, but worth the lulz.

The Musers moron dog recall was gold as well.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 2

Why has nobody mentioned the BaD Radio review of Predator?  Can't believe they had never seen it. Dan's pitch meeting was classic. Thank God for the Top 10 podcast. Coworkers were wondering wtf was wrong with me last night and trying to explain Dan to the uninitiated just made it worse.  I hate to admit Corby actually added content. Pimping his kid is cheap, but worth the lulz.

Yes it was amusing and also crazy that males Dan and jakes age don’t know, haven’t seen any of the predator movies. Especially considering they both admitted to knowing memes and sayings from this movie.

MindBlown.gif

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Less Corby’s kids, please.   Also, less Corby while we’re at it.

• Hook 'Em 1