If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

The Great Dongavan is coming up on Cirque to give a review of Radiohead’s In Rainbows — should be good.

I’m also intrigued by the show they just discussed from Hulu — In and Of Itself.

I caught the end of that Radiohead segment, kind of weird since I just revisited that whole album earlier this morning. 

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I caught the end of that Radiohead segment, kind of weird since I just revisited that whole album earlier this morning. 

I've been spinning back through it this afternoon. It's so good. I tweeted Sirois and Donny after the segment and said "Now do OK Computer," which Sirois liked.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, LosIllini said:

Between Junior and Blake, had to punch out today. 

Who's next on bands of your life, TC?  Just kill the segment already.

TC BOYL segment would probably be radio gold.  Not because TC has any fucking taste but because he thinks he does and would come in under that premise and TC being TC they would probably shoot all his fucking wheels off. 

Sark was fantastic. I think even if I were a rival fan, I’d find the guy likable. No agenda, no bullshit, good guy, doesn’t pull any punches about our glaring need to rebuild our lines. I thought he was great and he is growing on me and has been ever since the day we hired him. 
Gaglardi needs to called out and it was great having Julie have to sit there and listen to it. Dan, HP and UP have had plenty of outages. Believe me. 

Yeah, 50% of Park Cities residents have experienced power outages. They ain’t getting preferential treatment here.

I’ve been fortunate. Lost power pretty much all of yesterday, starting at 6 AM and coming back at 9 PM. I’ve had friends that have been without it for 48 hours. Had some friends that haven’t lost it. No rhyme or reason. I have a friend whose house I can walk to in 2 minutes that hasn’t lost it at all. 

I’m over in Bluffview and must be on the same grid as Love Field. We haven’t lost power a single time. My ex lives by HP Village and she hadn’t had power for nearly a day. It’s back on as of late tonight but who knows for how long. She also has no water because she let her pipes freeze even though I told that dumb bitch to drip her faucets — at least the ones on outer walls.

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Sounds like the relationship ended well. I can walk to your ex’s house. Got any pics?

It ended fine. She's a client of mine -- as are her parents -- so all good. She's physically attractive (I s'pose) but she's very likely mentally insane so be my guest. She's utterly helpless, though, as it comes to ways of the world. I'm amazed she's lived to be 48 in all honesty. She lives off her parents' money now.

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Ah. Well Dan fell for it. 

no dog in the hunt, but HP not having any outages was trending last night on twitter based on that screen cap.  I don't know if the pic was fake or not.  that web site is supposed to be a snap shot of what is going on real-ish time.  When i looked at one point yesterday, my hood had no outages and then 30 minutes later they were showing again.  Same thing for HP.  I did see a point in time where there were no outages showing.  So it was probably possible to take a legit screen shot of that happening.

I was a day 1 P1 and then moved to the Hill Country in 2006 and it was no longer simple to listen. Over the past 10 months working from home I’ve gotten back into the Ticket but also find myself listening more to Horn FM for longhorn news. Just wondering if anyone else does this. Feel like I miss a lot of the Ticket best bits but am enjoying the local UT news.

He said we was impressed by Sark and that wasn't the case with Herman or Strong.  Said he has reason to be worried as a Sooner and which he hadn't since Mack's glory days.  Finally said that Sark will have to deal with the BMDs getting involved in decisions and wondered how he will deal with it since he doesn't have the "brand name" yet to combat them.  Basically, what has already been said on here numerous times.

In other words:  nothing to complain about here, folks.  Time to move on.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I streamed when I read pops’ comment this morning. Rewound an hour to try and time it with his post. Didn’t hear him say anything annoying, but fell asleep during Sark commentary. Probably missed something in there. 

I'm just tired of the bit where he acts like he is the only one affected by the power being out. 

Had nothing to do with sark. 

48 minutes ago, pops said:

I'm just tired of the bit where he acts like he is the only one affected by the power being out. 

Had nothing to do with sark. 

jacksonvillefan.gif

I've heard multiple hosts tell their blackout stories. They aren't the only ones affected and they know it. It's called relating to your audience.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Disagree. Junior’s crying grates on me.  Everyone can complain about this a little, but everyone should be laughing that we are all in this together. He does a lot of complaining and not much laughing. 

I think everyone else has been fine and taken that attitude. 

To me he's just come across as it's him being put out personally as opposed to everyone going through it. 

Fuck it. Time for the hang zone. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dilligas said:

I was a day 1 P1 and then moved to the Hill Country in 2006 and it was no longer simple to listen. Over the past 10 months working from home I’ve gotten back into the Ticket but also find myself listening more to Horn FM for longhorn news. Just wondering if anyone else does this. Feel like I miss a lot of the Ticket best bits but am enjoying the local UT news.

you 100% need to sub to the Top 10 Podcast, it's great and helps keep up with what happens

7 hours ago, pops said:

I think everyone else has been fine and taken that attitude. 

To me he's just come across as it's him being put out personally as opposed to everyone going through it. 

Fuck it. Time for the hang zone. 

This.  You have Dan and Jake yukking it up about their situations and Junior is acting like ERCOT had meetings to figure out how to fuck him over. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1