If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yep.  It's horribad.  Bob and Corby are awkward as fuck w/ each other and have no chemistry.   Add that to Corby's complete ignorance about pretty much anything he talks about and his OU douchebaggery...unlistenable. 

and Danny...where to begin w/ his shittiness.  I have zero idea why that fuck ever made the cut to go on air.  He's gotta have dirt on someone. 

Bob has resorted to laughing at literally everything Corby or Danny says in his futile effort to develop chemistry

I maintain Danny is the problem. His need to chime in on every segment usually brings the segment to a screeching halt. I get that he has the Jake Producer/Yuck Monkey role but Jake was much better at picking his moments to chime in. Danny takes over or he throws out stupid shock value that slams the segments to a halt. Plus, when your sole contribution to most segments is shitting on the subject of the segment, it gets old fast. I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but he's a beating on air. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Not to beat a dead horse but the new hardline just isn’t a good show. 

Amen.  And the rest of the shows have gone way stale, except for Dan and his surprisingly good cohost (Jake?)  I hadn't listened in years, tune in now sometimes, and it just isn't close to the same. 

And how did Bob get a reputation of being Mr. Sports Genius?  His sports takes are pretty media generic, and everything I've heard him say about UT has been clueless tripe that he must have read from the circle jerk of sports writers' Twitter.  No more informed than sports idiot Corby.

Does anybody mail it in more than Corby?  Every time I give them a try there's whole segments stretched out of stuff like his phone's weather alert went off last night or how holy unfair that disco/glam rock/grunge/etc. went out of style and we should do some kind of penance for that grave injustice.   I bet 90% of his show prep is 15 minutes during lunch.  Have they ever done segments on the ingredients list on ketchup bottles?

I don't get the Danny hate, a lot of what I've heard him crap on deserves to be crapped on, but small sample size since I haven't listened that much.

Replace Corby with Line 4 Guy and put Bob on notice to get it together.

Edited by clapclapclap

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

I maintain Danny is the problem. His need to chime in on every segment usually brings the segment to a screeching halt. I get that he has the Jake Producer/Yuck Monkey role but Jake was much better at picking his moments to chime in. Danny takes over or he throws out stupid shock value that slams the segments to a halt. Plus, when your sole contribution to most segments is shitting on the subject of the segment, it gets old fast. I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but he's a beating on air. 

I dont know... I've been up and down on Danny and sometimes he makes me laugh. But if you had to sit there and listen to the train wreck that Bob and Corby are together you would have to jump in. My hardline listening is basically only when klatt is on during football season or just background noise on the app. 

Even with Mike checked out he completely carried afternoon for almost 15 years. 

I like Danny. He's just not as great when he takes on a bigger role, a role he's either felt he needed to take -- was instructed to take -- after Rhynes' departure. It was a good show with Mike and Corby with Corby handling all Community Quick Hits and E-News stuff. Somehow that's all fallen to Danny now. It's almost like they need to bring a third wheel/yuck monkey. I don't think that person is at the station, though. Mino might be pretty good at it TBH.

Even if Jake comes off as arrogant millennial prick to some, I think there’s a level of respect for him in general due to the fact he takes the job /preparation seriously (while still slapdicking) and puts in work with mavs post game. He’s like the opposite of corby.

• Like 5

Bob's daughter got into two public Ivies - Wisconsin and Texas, which are both in really cool cities for college kids - and she goes to aggy.
200.gif

“Miss Sturm, you see as a lecturer here at Texum A&M I really have to fulfill my daily jack off in a jar obligation and you’ve been asking this question for the last 20 minutes. Can you speed it up?”

8 hours ago, bluto said:

Even if Jake comes off as arrogant millennial prick to some, I think there’s a level of respect for him in general due to the fact he takes the job /preparation seriously (while still slapdicking) and puts in work with mavs post game. He’s like the opposite of corby.

jake is also a UT fan. or at least he was. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I was listening but had tuned out at that point. Did he really say that?

Both of them did.  Dumbfuck said it and simple chimed in with an "oh yeah, in a heartbeat."  Another good one was junior's suggestion that we keep the song, but that we ALL take a knee while it's being played.

Edited by TriStone

jesus christ.  looking at the aggie war hymn wikipedia entry, one part says that the hullabaloo caneck shit is "chickasaw for beat the hell out of texas" which sounds like mockery of the victims of genocide.

then its conclusion, "There'll Be a Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight," originated when "While on tour with the McIntyre and Heath Minstrels, their train arrived at a place called 'Old Town'. From their train window, [Metz] could see a group of children starting a fire, near the tracks. One of the other minstrels remarked that 'there'll be a hot time in the old town tonight'.

• Hook 'Em 1

Both of them did.  Dumbfuck said it and simple chimed in with an "oh yeah, in a heartbeat."  Another good one was junior's suggestion that we keep the song, but that we ALL take a knee while it's being played.

I’m not sure we listened to the same segment. Jub and Junes agreed aggy would lose their shit if they had to battle with replacing the war hymn. With regard to the donors sending emails, they said Texas should just say, “thanks for the donation but we don’t need it that bad” and that they could get the money elsewhere. Honestly, I don’t have a problem with that though maybe it’s not feasible at the moment. Finally, the “taking a knee” idea is one that was proposed by Brian Jones on one of his segments with the Musers this season.

In all, thought it was pretty reasonable discussion but they didn’t necessarily stick the landing. Feel free to roll it back on the stream as it’s still within the last hour.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I’m not sure we listened to the same segment. Jub and Junes agreed aggy would lose their shit if they had to battle with replacing the war hymn. With regard to the donors sending emails, they said Texas should just say, “thanks for the donation but we don’t need it that bad” and that they could get the money elsewhere. Honestly, I don’t have a problem with that though maybe it’s not feasible at the moment. Finally, the “taking a knee” idea is one that was proposed by Brian Jones on one of his segments with the Musers this season.

In all, thought it was pretty reasonable discussion but they didn’t necessarily stick the landing. Feel free to roll it back on the stream as it’s still within the last hour.

This was what I took out of it.  I think some of you guys just see red whenever UT is brought up in a negative light.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Jub and Junes agreed aggy would lose their shit if they had to battle with replacing the war hymn.

And then later said aggy would absolutely drop it if push came to shove, which is laughable.  The sul ross statue thing showed us exactly what aggy would do.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

With regard to the donors sending emails, they said Texas should just say, “thanks for the donation but we don’t need it that bad” and that they could get the money elsewhere. Honestly, I don’t have a problem with that though maybe it’s not feasible at the moment.

I heard that and I completely agree.  Any donor emailing the AD talking that shit should be invited to fuck right off.  Any donor that matters wouldn't be complaining via emails to the AD.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Finally, the “taking a knee” idea is one that was proposed by Brian Jones on one of his segments with the Musers this season.

I didn't catch that it was Brian Jones' stupid idea.  I thought it was original musers stupidity.

27 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I think some of you guys just see red whenever UT is brought up in a negative light.

When it's being brought up in a negative light by t-shirt sooner trash, you're goddamn right.

Edited by TriStone

15 minutes ago, TriStone said:

And then later said aggy would absolutely drop it if push came to shove, which is laughable.  The sul ross statue thing showed us exactly what aggy would do.

I heard that and I completely agree.  Any donor emailing the AD talking that shit should be invited to fuck right off.  Any donor that matters wouldn't be complaining via emails to the AD.

I didn't catch that it was Brian Jones' stupid idea.  I thought it was original musers stupidity.

When it's being brought up in a negative light by t-shirt sooner trash, you're goddamn right.

I didn't hear what you did regarding the aggy war hymn. If that's truly what they agreed on, they're way wrong. I listened pretty closely, though, and did not hear that.

Junes said he's a huge Sark fan based on their limited interaction to this point. I can handle Junes talking about this stuff because I truly think it's more genuine. Corby is more "dur, Texas fucking sucks" and looks to subtly (not always) fling shit our direction.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Or he doesn't have to take negativity constantly bombarding him from whiny Texas fans.

I thinking TriStone's anger at any "negative talk" about Texas made him incapable of actually listening to the segment.

He responded to a sarcastic comment of mine, then tried to talk some shit and then deleted all his tweets and blocked me when I fired back. Junior Miller is a puss.

59 minutes ago, TriStone said:

many donors that matter sent emails. only one single email from the tribune story had anything inappropriate. the entire story is a huge pile of imaginary shit. the fact that the ticket continues to do segments on it is disappointing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

many donors that matter sent emails. only one single email from the tribune story had anything inappropriate. the entire story is a huge pile of imaginary shit. the fact that the ticket continues to do segments on it is disappointing. 

I'd say it was more than inappropriate -- it was offensive IMO. There were several others that I'd term inappropriate, definitely out of touch. But the authors never expected them to be made public, though. (Not that that makes any of it OK.) At any rate, I said it on the "Eyes" thread on the FB board but I would LOVE to see somebody submit a FOI request for emails to aggy admin regarding the Sul Ross statue. Guarantee they'd make our donor emails look tame in comparison.

Fake Norm doing stand-up may be my favorite Gordo bit.

Did you hear the people in Dubai don't like The Flintstones? But the people in Abu Dhabi do!

I'm on the phone with Mary while driving home. She says "Be careful, there's a car driving the wrong way on the freeway. I said, "One? There's dozens of them!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2