If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

15 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I gotta ranch in downtown Dallas,

Buy diamonds by the ton.

Chase cuties in my Cadillac,

And drill oil wells just for fun. 

It blew my young mind the first time I heard the Houston version.

I joked on the Ticket reddit forum where someone had a "I can't stand Corby" post that perhaps we should have a Corby Bingo Card. You can list all the things Corby only seems capable of talking about. Things like OU Football, Steph Curry, Baker Mayfield, Foo Fighters, Neil Young, etc. I like the Foo Fighters but there are other bands out there. 

46 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I joked on the Ticket reddit forum where someone had a "I can't stand Corby" post that perhaps we should have a Corby Bingo Card. You can list all the things Corby only seems capable of talking about. Things like OU Football, Steph Curry, Baker Mayfield, Foo Fighters, Neil Young, etc. I like the Foo Fighters but there are other bands out there. 

or where corby is reading directly from an article for the first time as he does a story on live air. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think it’s pretty pathetic they’re dogging women’s sports to the degree that they’re devoting an hour of bad bits. The WNBA is what it is, and David Stern was a clown in promoting it. But, I’ve got a couple of daughters that play hoops, volleyball, lacrosse and golf. I just don’t think this is funny. 

I’m glad your daughters play sports. go lady scots. but the WNBA is a ridiculous joke and a tremendous waste of money. it shouldn’t exist. 

I don’t disagree. So why devote an hour segment with 2 high profile hosts to poke fun at a joke in the metoo era?  An odd decision. 

It was pretty funny at first but as it stretched on, I did think this was a bizarre thing to have been aired on the station. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some blowback.

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

It was pretty funny at first but as it stretched on, I did think this was a bizarre thing to have been aired on the station. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some blowback.

it got old after a few segments.  just like Dan's daughters would if they were on for an hour.  but they are used perfectly.  same with Corby's boys.  little glimpses here and there. 

44 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

it got old after a few segments.  just like Dan's daughters would if they were on for an hour.  but they are used perfectly.  same with Corby's boys.  little glimpses here and there. 

like anything on the little ticket, small doses is the best use of talent.  pretty much why homer call, fake tiger, fake jerry, etc have all run their course more or less.

13 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Listening to ticket top 10. Norm’s fantasy Preakness call is pathetic. He needs to retire. He never fit on the Ticket anyway. 

You don't think a 10 minute call of a two minute race is good radio? 

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’s not a legend. He’s a punchline. He was an obnoxious blowhard on HSE Rangers broadcasts. I’ve thought he was a joke since I was a kid, and the Ticket hosts confirmed it later in my life. 

Do you even know what the damn hell he does for a living?