If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 8/24/2021 at 9:41 AM, Jive Turkey said:

i have this feeling Gordo has a child that just started at UT.  i know he has at least one kid who would have just graduated from high school.  a friend of mine has a daughter who went to Stonewall Jackson in the M Streets with Gordo's kid.  that friend's daughter is starting her freshman year in college.

Gordo mentioned yesterday that he took a roadtrip to Austin this past weekend and was complaining about traffic.  well, this past weekend was move-in weekend at UT.  i only know that because Wilonsky tweeted about dropping his son Harry off at UT to start his freshman year.

would be funny to see Gordo on the 40 Acres during parents weekend or for a football game that he's going to with his kid.

Sturm has a kid who is a confirmed student at aggy. Dan has one at Clemson. We *might* have Gordo spawn on the 40 Acres?

I'm OK with that. All of that (wife is a Clempson grad).

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 2:03 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Bob sucks so much now not because Bob really changed, he's the same pedantic but extremely hard working/well researched sports know it all he's always been.  He lost Dan.  

The genius of Dan is that he knows himself and plays his role.  Dan paired with Bob was great because he engaged Bob, whether that was a back and forth conversation, the occasional emotional dig in on a counterpoint to engender a more heated debate, whatever.... you felt like it was two guys in a room talking with each other that you had a window into. Dan knows he isn't Bob, isn't ever going to put in the work on hard core sports Bob does and was fine with carving out his role to be the off centered Jerry Lewis to Bob's straight man Dean Martin.   Corby competes with Bob to be seen as his equal when it comes to sports, but sure as fuck doesn't put in the work to put himself on remotely even footing.  It's not two guys in a room talking that you have a window into, it's two guys taking turns talking at you.  That is until Corby remembers "oh yea I'm supposed to have chemistry with this guy let me ask him some open ended half ass whatta ya think kind of question" which gives Bob the uninterrupted/unchecked floor and brings out the very worst with regard to his sometimes boorish behavior.  

I think is a dead-on balls accurate summation of the situation.

whom out of that group do we not struggle with? OSU? 

I think we could beat any of those four teams he automatically places ahead of us. We could also lose to any of them so let’s say we go 2-2 against that group. That does not equal a fifth-place finish.

Bob loves the Sark hire, BTW.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

All of them in the same season to the tune of 4+ losses and a 5th place finish?  Fuck outta here. 

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I think we could beat any of those four teams he automatically places ahead of us. We could also lose to any of them so let’s say we go 2-2 against that group. That does not equal a fifth-place finish.

Bob loves the Sark hire, BTW.

all true. but I wouldn’t call it “shocking” to lose to OU, Iowa St, TCU, and OSU. disappointing as hell, sure. but texas football has been disappointing as hell for a while now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I listened for a minute to Donovan and aggy dad. Didn't think it worked. Bob needs someone who doesn't want to talk sports to be bearable. I like Donovan.   I dont like him with Bob. Bob should just go do athletic all day. That works for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluto said:

HZ guests today, kinda sucked ass. That Ohio fb dad is full of shit too, found his sons highlight reel, kid sucked.

Obviously Dan was kinda joking with him asking if he was really recruited by and could he have gotten playing time at Clemson. Dad went on and on about how the QB room at Clemson would have been favorable for his son.  Of course he didn't mention that the son is playing TE at Youngstown St, at least according to The Athletic article on the fake school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2