If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 minutes ago, pops said:

I think Danny has done more to keep this version of the hardline together than it appears on the surface. 

Sirois to drivetime?

I doubt they'd bump up Sirois pay so why take on 2 more hours and have to deal with Bob and Corby? 

Danny will live on in drop form thanks to Mino.

Richardson?

Saad Yousuf could be a potential replacement.  i like him.  he's sports nerdy enough to get along with Bob, and seems to know enough about pop culture to work with Corby.  he fills in as producer during dry dock or in an emergency.

Edited by Jive Turkey

2 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I don’t know how he lasted this long for no money. Same with Ty, Sean, Fernando…

He had lots of side hustles...which at his age as he said what's the point.  They will probably fuck up on Sirois as well.  In my opinion they kind of already have.

Cumulus is one Todd Gordon Keith moment of clarity away from this thing going in the shitter.

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Danny will live on in drop form thanks to Mino.

Richardson?

Saad Yousuf could be a potential replacement.  i like him.  he's sports nerdy enough to get along with Bob, and seems to know enough about pop culture to work with Corby.  he fills in as producer during dry dock or in an emergency.

Saad has major shake voice 

Danny made the show listenable with Bob and Corby. This is the 2nd biggest departure I’ve seen behind Mike. No Mike and no Dingu is gonna make for a terrible show. 

They need to get Sirois in there ASAP as a yuk monkey and get someone else to produce. Otherwise they just lost a listener. 

9 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

They need to get Sirois in there ASAP as a yuk monkey and get someone else to produce. Otherwise they just lost a listener. 

Zero chance of this happening. This is why Julie and Danny left in the first place and Jake was awfully close. Cumulus is trimming salaries, not adding/expanding

Zero chance of this happening. This is why Julie and Danny left in the first place and Jake was awfully close. Cumulus is trimming salaries, not adding/expanding

The model for radio is very different from 25 years ago. Loads of payroll throughout the day is a tough model to sustain these days. What is Norm pulling down for two hours? And they never syndicated any of the shows and never tweaked any to go regional. Which is the uniqueness of the ticket but economics are making it very tough.

Just happened to catch the announcement.  He in not so subtle terms dropped a giant turd on the corporate structure.  He was pretty clear about disparate pay on the show, having zero upward mobility until the "main" guys retire (except they are all the same age), and how he didn't want to be the disgruntled, bitter guy on the air - which of means he's already disgruntled and resentful about his role and pay gap.  

My wife used to be best friends and roommates with his baby mama, so I have a lot of insight into who I think he is, but I'm not going to shit on him either.  If he's making peanuts and the others are getting massive checks, it's time to move on.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m where is Danny going? I have mixed feelings. The Bob, Corby and Danny mix has a lot of unlistenable moments, and Danny was a part of that. But, he also helped limit other unlistenable moments.

Bob moving to afternoon drive has been a failure. He knows his sports, but has no chemistry with Corby and tries way too hard to fit in. The entire station (with the exception of maybe The Musers) now needs a complete realignment. 

Edited by Saint Austin
type twice

2 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Bob moving to afternoon drive has been a failure. He knows his sports, but has no chemistry with Corby and tries way too hard to fit in. The entire station (with the exception of maybe The Musers) now needs a complete realignment. 

Hang Zone is excellent.

Norm is Norm, he isn't going anywhere and they have surrounded him with Donny and Mike S who both are fine.

Musers are excellent.

The Afternoon Drive guys have not gelled as fast as I think people would have wanted them to - and instead of re-imagining the show after Mike left they just dropped in Bob and thought it would be fine, which based on ratings it has been pretty decent. They need someone who will require less air time, while working hard on the back end/behind the scenes. I assume this person already works at the ticket, so not like they are going to pull some rando out of LF or bring back someone like Julie who already left for family reasons.

3-7 isn't BAD, and honestly it's better than the last couple of years of the Hardline was on most days.

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

Hang Zone is excellent.

Norm is Norm, he isn't going anywhere and they have surrounded him with Donny and Mike S who both are fine.

Musers are excellent.

The Afternoon Drive guys have not gelled as fast as I think people would have wanted them to - and instead of re-imagining the show after Mike left they just dropped in Bob and thought it would be fine, which based on ratings it has been pretty decent. They need someone who will require less air time, while working hard on the back end/behind the scenes. I assume this person already works at the ticket, so not like they are going to pull some rando out of LF or bring back someone like Julie who already left for family reasons.

3-7 isn't BAD, and honestly it's better than the last couple of years of the Hardline was on most days.

All of this. 3-7 is by far the weakest part of the station. I like Danny a lot but it's really hard for him to be a second or third guy on a show that doesn't include a heavyweight like Rhynes.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

just speculating, but after Mike left, for better or worse, Danny had a lot more airtime on the show.  if he got no pay increase, no increased title/role then i can see getting pissed when cumulous probably told him to stfu and stay in his producer lane.

He’d been the most visible producer, by far, for years, even prior to Mike’s departure. And he’s been great. I suspect there was no increase in pay from that. 

I’d be interested to know more about @BabaYaga’s perspective. 

16 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

wonder if he moves to Nashville.  his oldest son just moved there.

https://www.joshuabalis.com/

3 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

why do you say that?

I read the earlier post several hours ago then drank bourbon, remembered it as he's moving to Nashville and posted. 

Edited by RPM
  • Haha 1