If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

11 hours ago, Da Fino said:

These guys all have multiple gigs. Even some of the tier 1 guys.

Yeah I assumed they have other gigs, but I'd imagine on air job responsibilities might limit them due to time constraints. I think back in the day Mark Elfenbein was either a loan officer or actually owned a mortgage shop. But someone like Mino is constrained by being at the ticket from 11 or 12 to 7pm. He'd be fairly limited in what he could do to make any real money and he's already 30+.

26 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

So what's the speculation on ticket pay?  They've all been there forever but all seem like idiots as far as other job skills.  Outside of being poached by another radio station it's hard to see any of them doing something else.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/CUMULUS-MEDIA-Producer-Dallas-Salaries-EJI_IE7959.0,13_KO14,22_IL.23,29_IM218.htm

27 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

So what's the speculation on ticket pay?  They've all been there forever but all seem like idiots as far as other job skills.  Outside of being poached by another radio station it's hard to see any of them doing something else.

Sean Bass sucks when he expresses his opinion about anything other than baseball. I genuinely don’t like him. But I think he’s good enough at talking baseball that he could do baseball radio for ESPN or something. If he’s just talking about the game he’s pretty good. 

15 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Damn.  That's crazy low but I would guess a lot of producers don't really have speaking roles at their stations?  If that's what Danny was making, I can't really blame him especially with a baby now.  Hopefully he finds greener pastures. 

The Hang Zone has been the big positive surprise of the shift. I like those guys. 

The problem with afternoon drive time is you have two guys that often need to be reigned in. Bob from going sports nerd mode too much and Corby from being annoying over the top sooner asshole. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, futureman said:

Sean Bass sucks when he expresses his opinion about anything other than baseball. I genuinely don’t like him. But I think he’s good enough at talking baseball that he could do baseball radio for ESPN or something. If he’s just talking about the game he’s pretty good. 

Yeah I could see them all making livings inside the radio business.  All the tier 1 guys bring something to the table there whether sports knowledge or just overall entertaining.  I was mainly referring to getting another job outside the business.  They've all been doing the same thing forever and that I can't see them getting an office job or something given how dumb they likely are.  We know most of them don't have any book smarts given how they've discussed barely eking through schools.

6 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

I thought most of them did part time Sales dept work.

Also, how long until Ted Emrich loses his national golf highlights job for dropping in Ticket bit phrases, and what will be that final phrase?

Ted is the product of pure nepotism so he's never losing the gig. 

corby was pretty good needling bob about jimbo. sniveling bitch bob crying about saban’s comments and corby kept chiming in with “you know when you go 8-4 every year it’s just a little strange what happened” etc etc. it was good. and aggy bob is such a fuckin whip.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

What makes it even worse is Bob has absolutely no clue what he's even talking about yet he argues like he's the expert. Even with that said, Corby apparently doesnt realize that Aggy hadn't even put together an NIL collective at that time which is part of the reason why people accused them of cheating. They didn't even go through the motions of creating an entity to separate their NIL apparatus from the institution. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

What makes it even worse is Bob has absolutely no clue what he's even talking about yet he argues like he's the expert. Even with that said, Corby apparently doesnt realize that Aggy hadn't even put together an NIL collective at that time which is part of the reason why people accused them of cheating. They didn't even go through the motions of creating an entity to separate their NIL apparatus from the institution. 

Awesome guy. Showing his ass big time without Dan (the best) as his foil. 

Corby being the “expert” at college football with his inch deep approach to everything has always been a problem.

With Mike it was a problem because Mike didn’t really give that much a shit about college football and so Corby got the lions share of the airtime.

Now you’ve got blowhard aggy Bob there who thinks he knows shit because he watched some tape on draft prospects and Corby needs to be doing a better job putting him in his place…but again one inch deep and can’t do it.

Two college football blowhards fucking sucks.

• Hook 'Em 2

It wasn’t that long ago that Corby was touting that Arkansas and A&M were going to leave the SEC for the Big12 when that was never a consideration by either and OU and Texas were already rumored in the SEC circles as coming on board. Corby is so irritating because he is such a lightweight in every opinion he has.

With Danny leaving Cumulus needs to look at every option for HL including scrapping the show and looking for a whole new crew and show.

The talent only justifies the high price as long as the investment delivers ratings book and profits. The second they get the idea they could make more profit with T2 talent is when the 2nd team takes over.

Their current model of multiple high paid hosts per show is not sustainable in the current market. Change will come by end of 23.

I wonder if health is a factor in Danny leaving.  Not sure when it started (I went a long time without listening), but at least since last Fall he will sometimes slip into old man voice.  

The Ticket is lucky they don't have any actual competition in DFW any more.  Y'all may not appreciate him, but pissy Danny is the only reason to listen to the HL since Rhyner left. 

I'm cool with replacing him with Julie's annoying nag voice, since after today's show I'm done with the HL.  Unless they bring back Heart Attack Greggo for a total train wreck, which might prompt Bob to quit within a month.

So here's an ode:

Goodbye Danny Balis

From where the dregs of society howl

You can't keep him on the Ticket

He's going back to his plow.

14 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Corby being the “expert” at college football with his inch deep approach to everything has always been a problem.

This has always driven me absolutely crazy.  It's indefensible that all of us with full time employment/careers outside of sports are more informed about college football across the spectrum than Corby is for his own fucking team.   His god damn job is to talk sports and he can't be bothered with basic research.   It's maddening.  I had an email exchange with him about this well over a decade ago when he completely misrepresented something as "fact" that was completely inaccurate that anyone that half paid attention to the sport would know.

Edited by Skipper

3 hours ago, futureman said:

for such an old you are incredibly stupid. 

It’s astounding. I’d put him on ignore but it’s too entertaining. He’s like Drew only more sure of himself. I’d start randomly negging him but don’t wanna get into a rep war with me so low. 

for such an old you are incredibly stupid. 

Moron if you think you’ll be listening to the same Ticket in a year or two you’re not paying attention. You won’t. Unless the big money guys take a big pay cut.

The key demo that built the Ticket is now old. Most young folks could give a shit what these old dudes actually talk about.

Take it from this guy, lol.

No one gives a shit about young folks- especially not media buyers.  All a sports station cares about is men 25-54.  The Ticket is still doing great there.

If you're saying they're going to make pre-emptive changes to get ahead of their changing demos, they're already doing that.  And say what you want about Norm (I can't stand to listen), but he's still top 5 in the 12 to 2 slot.

Take it from this guy, lol.
No one gives a shit about young folks- especially not media buyers.  All a sports station cares about is men 25-54.  The Ticket is still doing great there.
If you're saying they're going to make pre-emptive changes to get ahead of their changing demos, they're already doing that.  And say what you want about Norm (I can't stand to listen), but he's still top 5 in the 12 to 2 slot.

Wow I’ll have to see that arbitron with norm doing great in 12-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

As much as I grew to hate him, I have to admit he had a fastball in his pre-my pig days. I listened to his Hang Zone segment and Dan was talking about how they had an instant "connection" on Dan's first day even before he went on air. "Yeah we looked each other over and said, Ya wanna? Next thing you know we're riding around Uptown burning a J and I got a couple phone numbers from you."

• Hook 'Em 2