If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 4/2/2024 at 11:20 AM, NOMAAA said:

Think it was in the scuttlebutt ep on the podcast. 

I'm having trouble locating this audio.  I tried the podcast but I don't think it came up on the scuttlebutt from monday but maybe I missed it.

Did anybody else hear Bob lump Jason Kidd in with Bill Parcells and Greg Popovich? I know Bob is supposed to be the “smart” sports guy but he says some of the dumbest shit every day.

8 hours ago, futureman said:

I'm having trouble locating this audio.  I tried the podcast but I don't think it came up on the scuttlebutt from monday but maybe I missed it.

It was just ok. But that show has been on fire. I don’t even miss the musers. I’ve switched over. KT is a great lead man with two guys kicking him in the nuts. 

On 4/6/2024 at 9:07 AM, former alkie said:

The Tee Box is becoming unlistenable

Been listening to this show for years, but the clarity of their lip smacking and gum smacking is f'ing maddening........as well as Rosengarden's over laughing

Jesus

You listen to the tee box and just noticed that?

Time to get back on the wagon 

On 4/6/2024 at 9:07 AM, former alkie said:

The Tee Box is becoming unlistenable

Been listening to this show for years, but the clarity of their lip smacking and gum smacking is f'ing maddening........as well as Rosengarden's over laughing

Jesus

Becoming unlistenable?

cheryl-cole-right.gif

• Haha 1

Placenta Paul was robbed in this AM's E-Brake voting.

Also, this revisiting of OJ/Kate Delaney interview in multiple segments got me to remembering a bit. They said that interview was from 2007. Never realized that was done here in Dallas. We were running around quite a bit at Travis Walk in those days and one night a couple of buddies were coming out of Trece and noticed OJ was sitting at a table on the patio with a group. Based on the timeframe, I'm wondering if that was around the time of the interview -- or maybe OJ was coming to Dallas a bit then. I dunno. Anyways, one of my friends loudly started yelling: "There's a murderer on the patio at Trece! There's a murderer on the patio at Trece!"

My recollection is that OJ gave them a pretty serious death stare. I don't remember the exact setup of Trece (was the patio "open" viewing to the street or was there a tall brick wall. My other friend said they got the fuck out of there pretty quickly.

/csb

• Like 1

That interview took place in the Infomart in Dallas, the large white and glass building next to the World Trade Center on 35. I was working in the building at that time and saw him coming in.

There was a bar in the lobby I was hanging out in with some coworkers after work that day and he came in and sat at the bar and had a couple of beers. He posed for pics with everyone but didn’t notice the people behind him doing the throat slash.

• Haha 1

It was painful that Travis couldn't bring up the pitchfork audio when Gordo hinted for it to be played. That's one of the better pranks Sweaty Jen Olsen guy ever did. Thankfully, the HL replayed it during the Rant Revival yesterday. 

On 4/9/2024 at 7:29 AM, Hermanator said:

You listen to the tee box and just noticed that?

Time to get back on the wagon 

Nah, I've been noticing it for years, but just tolerate it

Last week I was probably just in a surly mood, so felt the need together it off my chest

I have a few misophonia issues 😠

Listened to the Downbeat on the way into work today.  Switched over during a Musers commercial break and they were doing a mailbag segment where Danny and Sirois pulled back the curtain quite a bit on both their Ticket days as well as the changes during their time at 97.1 (especially moving to mornings).  It was really interesting and revealing - but the guys were also fairly candid about the station's current ratings difficulties and air of uncertainty about their future. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I still love the Musers. Always have. Always will. I'm OK with the Hard Line as currently constructed. I'm not going into the office nearly as much as I did pre-COVID anyway so my drive time with the Hard Line is greatly reduced anyways. But middays on The Ticket are just a wasteland, especially 1-3. I hate to see it but the The Ticket has lost a lot of depth like Sirois and Balis and front-line talent like Dan and Jake and it has just gutted the non-drive time shows. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I still love the Musers. Always have. Always will. I'm OK with the Hard Line as currently constructed. I'm not going into the office nearly as much as I did pre-COVID anyway so my drive time with the Hard Line is greatly reduced anyways. But middays on The Ticket are just a wasteland, especially 1-3. I hate to see it but the The Ticket has lost a lot of depth like Sirois and Balis and front-line talent like Dan and Jake and it has just gutted the non-drive time shows. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.

Mino and Bass are so bad. Even Monty can't escape that black hole of shit. Bass should never been an on air personality. Dude's a bean counter not an entertainer. 

Just removing Bass and making it WIP makes that show 100 times better. 

Freak is crazy if they don't change back to the Eagle and have Sirois and Danny in the old Russ Martin Show role. Their ratings would go up and the people who came back for the rock would get exposed to Sirois and Danny and build them an audience. 

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

I listen to a few Musers segments each day, maybe. Sometimes I don’t listen at all and just wait for the Top 10 podcast for the 8:40 bit.  I haven’t listened to more than 15 minutes total from 10 am to 3 pm since the change happened.  I still listen to WTDS every day because of Monty.  And I’ll check out a few Hardline segments on the Top 10 podcast. That’s it.  Hell, I listen to the Tee Box and the Kick Around on Saturday more than I listen to all of the other shows combined in a week.

I’m a loyal Dumb Fuck.  I listen to every episode of Dan and Jake.  Sounds like there a lot of people like C-Man and I who have tuned out big time.  The Fan overtaking The Ticket must be some sweet vindication for Dan and Jake.  And a big fuck you to Dan Bennett and Cat.

IMG_1582.jpeg

Edited by Jive Turkey