If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Let's be honest, though -- The FAN doesn't really have an "A Team" anyways.

They definitely do. Dawson and Cavanaugh are legit. The midday guys are a hell of a lot better than Ben and Skin ever were. I've enjoyed listening to it over the last week when the ticket went on lazy fuck hiatus. I would not be surprised as the Fan has a solid line up now if more and more P1 start heading over a lot more than ever before

The Ticket slipping doesn't make The Fan good.  That shit is straight unlistenable.  "Better than Ben and Skin" is the definition of damning with faint praise. 

I have definitely found myself listening to more music/podcasts than The Ticket of late though. 

Edited by Continental Op

31 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

They definitely do. Dawson and Cavanaugh are legit. The midday guys are a hell of a lot better than Ben and Skin ever were. I've enjoyed listening to it over the last week when the ticket went on lazy fuck hiatus. I would not be surprised as the Fan has a solid line up now if more and more P1 start heading over a lot more than ever before

No, I'm good. Dawson and Cavanaugh sounds like a douchefest bro version of Dunham & Miller 

Edited by mdmost

On 12/23/2019 at 6:30 AM, Junior Miller said:

Add during the most important part of the cowboys season these "sports talk hosts" can't even be bothered to do their formulaic 5-6 hours of work the several days around Christmas. Nope, while everyone else including professional athletes (except teachers) is expected to do their jobs in the holiday season these worthless lazy fucks think they're above it. 

I hope the Fan slaughters them in the next books too and keeps slaughtering them. Force some changes and for these lazy fucks to get out of their spoiled, bitch ass attitudes like this. 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:20 AM, Junior Miller said:

Increasingly around the metroplex people listen to sports talk radio for sports opinions. The recent ratings slaughtering the ticket has taken is showing that. They've ridden a wave of staleness far longer than they should have been able to but now the Dallas sports fan listener is making a statement. Being a condescending fuck wad on social media to listeners asking you to do your fucking job during the biggest sports time of the year in DFW is a bold strategy.

GIF by Giphy QA

On 12/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, Junior Miller said:

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

Busiest time of year for the company I own is mid October through mid January so you better believe outside of a few days around Christmas and Thanksgiving I'm fucking working. 

The time of year when the metroplex sports fan is most dialed in is also October through early January for the end of Cowboys season. They don't feel it's important to connect with the metroplex fan anymore, and now the ratings are showing the metroplex fan is connecting more with The Fan. You got to know your fucking business and your fucking audience and recognize when both change. 

Dude, what part of this are you not understanding? The hosts are told by management that they MUST take these two weeks off. They're not choosing to.

15 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Dude, what part of this are you not understanding? The hosts are told by management that they MUST take these two weeks off. They're not choosing to.

That's not how it works, they negotiated it into their contracts. That said if they keep getting their ass kicked by The Fan, who intelligently staggers their main hosts vacations, then they'll need to make some changes if they want to keep up. They've gotten stale and lazy and I think the radio listener does gravitating more towards the hungrier station who obviously put more effort in. Especially during the end of Cowboys season when sports fan interest in the metroplex is at it's peak.

You can put it on The Fan and get actual game analysis by people breaking down the film, or you can put it on the ticket where fill in Julie is hosting a ridiculously horrible show and singing really bad songs. 

I imagine radio listenership or whatever the fuck you want to call it is at its lowest the last two weeks of the year as people take vacations, are not in their cars, at their offices and generally are off doing other shit with their lives.  It would make sense to rip the bandaid off during those two weeks. I'm going to guess that's why it happens or is allowed to happen as the need to have or in this case NOT HAVE the top talent from an audience acquisition standpoint aligns with lower levels of listening in general.  Win-win and all that shit.

Nah that makes too much sense....it's because they're all dipshits out to get angry Surly poster Junior Miller and deprive him of the fresh hot take that the Cowboys are a clusterfuck and they won't get better because their owner/GM is the ultimate problem.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

if this isn't a ratings period (and i don't think it is), then the end of the year dry docks will continue.

It is, but they call it the "holiday book" and it's largely ignored (or at least marginalized) by media buyers.

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

You can put it on The Fan and get actual game analysis by people breaking down the film

Listening to that is what I imagine hell would be like, regardless if it's the Fan, the Ticket, or anyone else.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 12:26 PM, Junior Miller said:

The Fan and get actual game analysis by people 

No. I don't want to get game analysis. 

I want stupid songs, tales of idiocy from family or significant others, and possibly breaking news of the sudden departure of coaches. 

I don't care to hear a breakdown of the game from anyone at the fan. Ever. Not in September or December. Not with jocks, nor with socks.

Here's the sum total of the analysis of the last 20 years. 

Jerry Jones is a delusional narcissist. 

The end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey Ticket management fuckwads, whoever thought it was a good idea to let Corby work in his OU love in the Happy Holidays ad  with his ....."Boomer Sooner, hey put one in the books" and all that bullshit should be taken out back and shot in the head gangsta style......maybe let Schoopie pull the trigger

• Like 2

Flipped over after Cowboys eliminated from playoffs and there is hockey talk? WTF!
No postgame talk? Is this just online, surely it’s On over air right. Nope, Razor Ray on now. Wow how the Boys have fallen

Might’ve said this before but Newberry’s marbles-in-the-mouth manner of speaking on the Cowboys Countdown to Kickoff Show is hard to listen to.

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Wow! Cowboys won big yet the Eagles also won so Cowboys out of the playoffs and Garrett certainly fired. Can’t wait to hear what our friends on the Ticket have to say about it and the end of this last decade/era. Oh wait...

2e85160e01cd060de0c25d045b1a6894.jpg

I thought y'all don't want to hear cowboys talk so who cares if the overpaid on air talent all takes vacation at once during the most important DFW sports weeks of the year? Which is it?