If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

I miss Nigel. He was such a Monty Python type character whose only goal was to make George uncomfortable. Most on here would love him because he rarely ever spoke to "Non-George". Anytime Craig would say something to him, Nigel would ignore it and focus back on George. 

On 1/25/2020 at 11:06 PM, Dutch said:

Speaking of fringe characters: “This is science and it’s implications for the curious and insane. I’m Dr Mornston Canterbury Vaginisimis the Third.” The segment with Daniel Ross was gold. 

http://www.theunticket.com/dr-vaginisimis-thin-line-between-orgasm-and-death-8-2-18/

Fake Garrett was usually good, too.

Dr. Vaginisimis is a fantastic gordo 1 off character

I wonder what sort of money Jake is looking at to start out with.  As far as preshow prep goes Jake seems to be of the Bob and Dan mold as opposed to the Corby no prep at all mold.  I wonder how long it will take before that shit starts to grate on Jake.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

On 1/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, Junior Miller said:

Fake tiger is great. 

Ribby and ticket mouse are great

I like the prospector every time the niners play the cowboys or do anything noteworthy

Man having a period and fake Michelle Wie were the most cringe worthy

Almost forgot but Dallas Bryant was great too. Almost wish they'd bring Dez back if it meant more Dallas Bryant

Perhaps my least favorite character. Pointless. Unfunny.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Big Jim Jack. I doubt we'll ever hear from him again.

Big Jim Jack, aka the Big Southern Dummy, is my all-time favorite. Holy shit the bit they did where he and other August members were Tiger-proofing the course was maybe the funniest thing I ever heard on The Ticket. Surely a recording exists somewhere. I would love to hear that again.

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Perhaps my least favorite character. Pointless. Unfunny.

Big Jim Jack, aka the Big Southern Dummy, is my all-time favorite. Holy shit the bit they did where he and other August members were Tiger-proofing the course was maybe the funniest thing I ever heard on The Ticket. Surely a recording exists somewhere. I would love to hear that again.

pretty sure its on one of the rotten radio's on the unticket.

13 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

pretty sure its on one of the rotten radio's on the unticket.

Listened to a couple of those and didn't find it. Basically, Big Jim Jack was discussing all the changes to make the course Tiger-proof -- things like replacing the hole flags with Confederate battle flag, etc.

52 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

yep.  he put in his time.  definitely happy for him.

here's the promo pick for Super Bowl week.  this was a dead giveaway.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Good for Jake. I think he'll make the Hardline listenable again during sports segments. He'll bring the focus and preparation that Danny and Corby are sorely lacking. Though with that photo, you couldn't squeeze Sirois in there next to Donnie?

Jake and Norm are co-hosting shows at the Super Bowl this week. Sirois is there to produce. Hence, no Sirois in the SB pic

29 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I wonder what sort of money Jake is looking at to start out with.  As far as preshow prep goes Jake seems to be of the Bob and Dan mold as opposed to the Corby no prep at all mold.  I wonder how long it will take before that shit starts to grate on Jake.  

Any one have a guess what any of these guys make?  I've always wondered but really don't have a clue.  Think George, Craig, and Gordo make the same amount?  Does Gordo get less because he takes segments off?

25 minutes ago, Assman said:

Any one have a guess what any of these guys make?  I've always wondered but really don't have a clue.  Think George, Craig, and Gordo make the same amount?  Does Gordo get less because he takes segments off?

It's been discussed before (probably here and on the thread on the other site), but Greg Williams was making ~500k back when he got sacked back in 2007 or whenever it was. And I believe there was a time when Gordon's salary was outed at around 750k sometime awhile back. I'm guessing the Musers are in the 600k-800k range with Gordo above that.  Corby is at or around that 500k mark that Greggo was getting with BaD Radio coming somewhere in the 300-400k+ range.  I've never heard nor seen any discussion about Norm and Donnie's compensation.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

17 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ve never understood the disparity in comparison between a ticker guy, producer or board op and primary on-air talent. Yes, established hosts deserve $500K-$1MM. But to have their help get peanuts?  I’ve heard ticker guys might not make $50K. That’s weird. 

A guy like Donovan, or even Bob/Dan/Corby making multiples of what Jake and Sirois make is criminal. 

That's pretty much par for the course for radio, TV,  and movies.  All of the ancillary help in those industries get paid peanuts compared the "talent". I had a friend who used to be a middling producer at CNN and she got paid jackshit, maybe barely 30k in the early 00s. From listening to "It's just banter" TC and Jake weren't even clipping 25 or 27k as ticker guys/board ops. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

I’ve never understood the disparity in comparison between a ticker guy, producer or board op and primary on-air talent. Yes, established hosts deserve $500K-$1MM. But to have their help get peanuts?  I’ve heard ticker guys might not make $50K. That’s weird. 
A guy like Donovan, or even Bob/Dan/Corby making multiples of what Jake and Sirois make is criminal. 

Maybe because a nutless monkey could do their jobs.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Let’s take Sean Bass. I’m not his biggest fan but the guy is competent and you can tell works hard and takes pride in his reporting. He also hosts a lot of postgame and pregame shows. There’s no way that guy doesn’t make around $100K. 

In addition to being a Ticker guy, Sean Bass is the assistant program manager or has some other similar title indicating middle management. So he makes more than bargain basement level, but he still may not clip 100k. Having said that many of these guys typically pull other jobs in production around DFW media.  I remember Machine worked for Fox Southwest in addition to working at the Ticket so they're not all impoverished.  I think Mark Elfinbein was a mortgage broker or loan officer for his main gig when he worked weekends at the Ticket. And Ben & Skin were in sales while working weekends at the Ticket.  

Salary, talent fees for voice work, and remote pay, is the lion share of income for on air talent. Those boys aren't making 500 fucking K or 750k a year. No syndication. One or two guys might be getting some nice residuals for national ads or tv tags, but its not much. 100k-200k semen possible for those guys because of ratings, tenure, etc. 

Engineers and board ops are on the clock hourly employees typically. It is paltry. 

Highest paid employees at radio stations is almost always sales. But...I wouldn’t be surprised if the Ticket was much different because it is an outlier. 

17 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Salary, talent fees for voice work, and remote pay, is the lion share of income for on air talent. Those boys aren't making 500 fucking K or 750k a year. No syndication. One or two guys might be getting some nice residuals for national ads or tv tags, but its not much. 100k-200k semen possible for those guys because of ratings, tenure, etc. 

Engineers and board ops are on the clock hourly employees typically. It is paltry. 

Highest paid employees at radio stations is almost always sales. But...I wouldn’t be surprised if the Ticket was much different because it is an outlier. 

just clarifying here, you think gordo and junes and george are making $100-200k?  or did I misunderstand your post?

3 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Ummmm.....

There are very little things that The Ticket revolutionized in terms of production value and branding each show and each personality. 
It certainly paid off but eventually you will have to pay the on air talent to maintain that dominance. Each contract, each person is a bump. 
I guess my first thought was wrong. 25 years is quite a few bump ups...

24 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

This has been discussed ad nauseam. Back when Ritchie Witt was ramping up to do his shortlived show with Greggo, he (or maybe someone else) did an in depth article on Greggo and his departure from the Hardline.  They mentioned his salary in the article.  It was 500k 13 fucking years ago. I'd gather the rate has gone up  a bit since then.