If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Ben and Skin could have been ok eventually if they didn't try so hard all of the fucking time. It's exhausting to listen to.

That’s what I always thought. Trying way too hard and too much Mavs talk.

No Killer, not everyone on the Chiefs is likable you moron. 

That was hilarious. He’s a dipshit.

Bob said that for the past 10 years, Rovell's 'people' have asked BaD Radio if they wanted to do an interview on radio row during Super Bowl week. And BaD said "meh, no thanks". Which led to Rovell's people trying to convince them to do it. 

1 hour ago, CBT said:

BaD Radio telling Darren Rovell to fuck off every Super Bowl makes me happy.

55 minutes ago, CBT said:

Bob said that for the past 10 years, Rovell's 'people' have asked BaD Radio if they wanted to do an interview on radio row during Super Bowl week. And BaD said "meh, no thanks". Which led to Rovell's people trying to convince them to do it. 

Rovell is a fucking tool. Glad they tell him to pound sand.

Corby and Danny tease a segment saying they’re going to discuss Super Bowl commercials then spend the entire segment wondering aloud if $5 million/commercial is worth it with no real discussion of anything of substance. They have nothing to talk about. I had never noticed it before but whoever said they come on the air with no preparation and just wing it is right on the money. 

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I had never noticed it before but whoever said they come on the air with no preparation and just wing it is right on the money. 

I went back to look for that post a couple days ago.  I had never really consciously thought about it either and then last week corby was doing a story on an article he was reading for the first time.  and after the first few lines and comments did the "hang on, HANG ON, oh my gosh, she didn't... wait, danny, look at this... she didn't do this or that or blah blah blah" and proceeded to read the article for the first time in his life while simultaneously reporting on it.  it's a joke.  or maybe it's a skill, I don't know.

27 minutes ago, futureman said:

I went back to look for that post a couple days ago.  I had never really consciously thought about it either and then last week corby was doing a story on an article he was reading for the first time.  and after the first few lines and comments did the "hang on, HANG ON, oh my gosh, she didn't... wait, danny, look at this... she didn't do this or that or blah blah blah" and proceeded to read the article for the first time in his life while simultaneously reporting on it.  it's a joke.  or maybe it's a skill, I don't know.

On 1/29/2020 at 1:32 PM, Angry Gorilla said:

The best part about Jake (and everyone else that has sat in) on the Hardline is having Corby's normal segments taken away from him and giving to someone who actually prepares and isn't reading the article during the segment.

Typical Community Quick Hits segment:

Corby:  A McKinney woman was hit by a train this morning.
Danny:  Did she survive?
Corby:  Uuuuhhhhhh, hmmmmmm, let me seeee, uuuuuh, no she did not survive.
Danny:  How old was she?
Corby:  Welllllllll, she was..... uhhhhhhh, hmmmmmm, she was 54.
Danny:  Did she have a family?
Corby:  Uuuuhhhhhhh...........................................................

It was me.  And you will notice it all the time now.

• Like 1

The other day Corby obviously only read the headline about Disney paying 75 million for the rights to the Hamilton movie. He was shocked how the movie would be out October 2021 because that seems really fast. Then he finally decided to read the article, on air, only to find it was for an already shot version of the musical filmed back when it was on Broadway with the original cast in 2016. It's just amazing that Cat doesn't seem to give a shit about how unprepared they are. 

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The other day Corby obviously only read the headline about Disney paying 75 million for the rights to the Hamilton movie. He was shocked how the movie would be out October 2021 because that seems really fast. Then he finally decided to read the article, on air, only to find it was for an already shot version of the musical filmed back when it was on Broadway with the original cast in 2016. It's just amazing that Cat doesn't seem to give a shit about how unprepared they are. 

yeah I think that's the story I was thinking about.  for a few minutes I thought it was cool that disney was gonna make a hamilton movie.  then, wait, actually that's not happening at all.  fuckin corby.

10 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

ha.  corby thinks mahomes is going to make a billion dollars in contracts.  contracts only.  not endorsements.  idiot.

Yeah he's an idiot.  Danny gave him an out by trying to include endorsements in there.  He even doubled his idiocy by claiming it'll happen by the time he's 34 or something.  1 billion over 20 years is 50 million a year.  I don't doubt that at some point in his career he'll make 50 million a year but he's not going to do that for long enough.

I’ve been saying it for years. It’s unbelievable the lack of preparation he puts in.

CQH is just Corby reading the Dallas Morning News evening email edition.  

For the first time.
  • Like 2

Corby and Danny discussing the dude that killed the two high school kids getting run over in Oklahoma..."what could be going on in that guy's life that he would be hammered at 3 in the afternoon on a Monday!?!?"

Oh, I don't know, Gordon only discussed it on your station 10 hours earlier. 

• Like 1

Corby and Danny discussing the dude that killed the two high school kids getting run over in Oklahoma..."what could be going on in that guy's life that he would be hammered at 3 in the afternoon on a Monday!?!?"
Oh, I don't know, Gordon only discussed it on your station 10 hours earlier. 

If Gordo discussing something in the morning means no one else should cover it then we might as well cancel the 1:30 news with Jake while we're at it. Corby and Danny aren't my favorites but this is a bad take, every show basically covers much of what the Musers already discussed in some way.

Just now, NateHitch said:

If Gordo discussing something in the morning means no one else should cover it then we might as well cancel the 1:30 news with Jake while we're at it. Corby and Danny aren't my favorites but this is a bad take, every show basically covers much of what the Musers already discussed in some way.

yeah, you missed the point here.

Just now, NateHitch said:

Um, I think you're missing the point. Corby and Danny had no idea the dude's kid had died the day before. Which Gordon discussed in the morning. 

The more I listen to Corby, the more I think there's no way he stays in the afternoon drive time slot.   Right?  Please?

Cat/Dan Bennett/whoever the fuck makes the call has to know that BAD would do much better there.  Any chance in hell that happens?  I know time slots mean less now days with streaming, but the new iteration of The Hardline is going to get destroyed in afternoon drive.  The only saving grace might be Ben and Skin moving to an earlier time slot.

Edited by Assman

The Ticket is in serious trouble if they leave Corby as afternoon host. What's happening with Russ Martin? Is he leaving The Eagle or just changing timeslots? If they're cancelled you might be able to salvage a couple guys from there to mix with him, but they would need to take a lead role and keep him muzzled.

7 hours ago, RPM said:

The Ticket is in serious trouble if they leave Corby as afternoon host. What's happening with Russ Martin? Is he leaving The Eagle or just changing timeslots? If they're cancelled you might be able to salvage a couple guys from there to mix with him, but they would need to take a lead role and keep him muzzled.

isn't he known as an incredibly difficult human being who is a prima donna? 

Corby and Danny tease a segment saying they’re going to discuss Super Bowl commercials then spend the entire segment wondering aloud if $5 million/commercial is worth it with no real discussion of anything of substance. They have nothing to talk about. I had never noticed it before but whoever said they come on the air with no preparation and just wing it is right on the money. 

It was amazing that neither had any audio of commercials pulled for that segment. I like Corby and Danny both personally but their show is almost an instant punch out these days.

isn't he known as an incredibly difficult human being who is a prima donna? 
Apparently Russ Martin had a dispute with the station and his new contract he is able to broadcast from his house so he doesn't have to come into the radio station. However he is only on the air for a couple hours a day and sometimes none on certain days. Very confusing but it is all because of him being a prima donna.

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Traces of Texas and Emeritus did get a shout-out of the beginning of Pigpen segment on Tex Mex tonight.

My Twitter followers just started cranking up after they praised Traces of Texas.  I've been averaging about 75-100 new followers per day on Twitter and  but since yesterday afternoon I  got about 2,000 new followers.  Here's the segment.  It's actually a really good thumbnail sketch on the history of Tex-Mex cuisine in Texas.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/hardline-pig-pen-a-brief-history-of-tex-mex-cuisin?fbclid=IwAR3ABMbn6dG9m5G9dYq8gOZ91cH5mFbRgP4bdrLmT-WuPMm8OOcedUjSk0U

Pretty interesting case study in the power of media.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It was amazing that neither had any audio of commercials pulled for that segment. I like Corby and Danny both personally but their show is almost an instant punch out these days.

This. Hyperbole is no substitute for preparation and Corby's sports intelligence doesn't lend itself to winging it. Even the non-sports segments are really suffering from Rhyner's absence. The Stars could play an east coast game 5 days a week and it wouldn't bother me.