If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

The caller doing the fake Patrick Mahomes was great.  Let's see the Fan listeners do that!

Also they did such a good job laying out on the caller doing fake Nolan.

One thing that drives me crazy when I accidentally listen to Austin radio is how they courtesy laugh the lame callers.
  • Like 1

Presented for your consideration: https://myticketconfession.blogspot.com/2020/01/duelling-insiders.html?fbclid=IwAR0Fb9Cv0-SG3IyhRj2AVIsHMpC02NCwYA0g2uR-An3GRLxaIo4-NTE-UX8&_sm_au_=iVVqWkZP5nt7q7R3HWtJjK0RVtV3C

Duelling Insiders

I like it when Confessors have inside information and share it with us.  Or claim to have it.  Truth to tell, persons claiming special knowledge in this space do not have a great record.  Many years ago I heard from a Ticket person who said that he got his laugh for the day every time he would see in social media someone claiming to have inside information.  But I'd love to have a reliable pipeline, even if anonymous.

In the last thread, we had one confessor saying that Bob Sturm was going to move to The Hardline.

More recently, another said that a Muser, tired of the early mornings, was going to move to PM Drive.

Either would be fine with me.  Even if Jake ended up being a Muser, I'd absolutely listen to an AM show with a George/Jake/Gordon lineup.  I think the sparks would soon fly between Jake and Gordon -- Gordon isn't always  .  .  .  welcoming to other funny people on the show, and Jake has done some fantastic bits filling in when Gordon's gone.  But that would be a good Muser lineup for me.  And would love to hear Craig on PM drive, when I can hear a bigger chunk of the show most days.

Ditto with a Jake and Dan show.

But I think those scenarios are not likely.  One show was blown up by Mike's departure.  I do not see the CTO blowing up another historically successful show.

Unless  .  .  .  contract time is coming up for the likes of Craig, and he has the leverage of his own retirement.  But wait -- didn't the Musers all just re-up a month or so back?

So my money is on Jake to The Hardline.  Transforms a stale show with a jolt of energy that "the kids" who, we hear, are deserting The Ticket, find lacking in the aging hosts.

The real controversy Cat will have to deal with is:  Who will replace Jake as BaD producer?  My money would be on either Justin Montemayor or David Mino.  I'm a fan of Justin's "radio sound" and attitude, but David has sharpened up his act on Work in Progress.  There are some other JV guys, Ticker and board op guys, who will probably toss their chapeaux in the ring.

Good luck to all.  The Ticket is in for a wild social media ride.  Stay tuned to My Ticket Confession, Your Source for Quality Ticket Journalism.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Hard Line (or renamed show featuring Jake and Corby with Danny producing) slides to 12-3 slot with BaD Radio making the move to 3-7. That makes the most sense without breaking up Jub-Junes-Gordo and Bob-Dan. One thing is clear is that the weekend F-around show that is today's Hard Line cannot stay as-is in 3-7 time period.

• Like 3

From the link I just posted above (in the event you didn't scroll all the way down):

Anonymous said...
Anonymous said...

Major station announcements always under deliver.

How was Corby presented as the permanent replacement for Greggo? That's how it will come down.

February 6, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Not this one. Think what you fucking want, but what's going online Monday will fucking melt minds. Get ready. You have. No. Idea.

So much so that this will either make The Ticket what it once was or it will hasten its demise. I. Am. Fucking. Not. Kidding.

February 7, 2020 at 2:21 AM

blank.gif

Anonymous said...

MAJOR. MAJOR. MAJOR. SEISMIC. SHIFT. DEF CON GOOGLE.

THIS. IS. NOT. A. TEST.

THE TICKET AS WE'VE KNOWN IT IS ABOUT TO REBOOT.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

PROCEED ACCORDINGLY.

OUT.

February 7, 2020 at 2:24 AM

Edited by C-Man

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

There are obviously some P1s at Pizza Hut headquarters in Plano. 

According to the web there are 330 calories in a single slice of Pizza Hut's large, hand-tossed pepperoni pizza. There are eight slices in one pizza. That means there are 2640 calories in one large pizza and 7920 in three. Jake might not live to see where he gets slotted come Monday at 3:30.

22 hours ago, Assman said:

As someone who hasn't listened to a single second of 105.3, what am I missing?  Is it just the typical generic sports talk?  These ratings numbers are surprising.

Yes it's just sports talk...but not all of it is generic.  The morning hosts get in fights with fans all the time, on the phone and on social media. Not like real fights, but good arguments.

22 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

That surprises me too.  Not questioning the numbers, but I know tons of P1s, and have yet to meet anyone who is a 105.3 fan.

Same besides me.  I prefer the Fan morning show to the Musers overall(just the Gordo segments are worth tuning into) and the afternoon show is much better than the Hardline as it is now.

17 hours ago, mdmost said:

Please say you meant Bob and Dan. Bob with Corby + Danny sounds awful for Bob. 

Yep, the can NOT separate BaD radio. It only works because of who they are and their personalities.

46 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

So they're resorting to horrifically bad clickbait bullshit with the 3:30 breaking news! crap and now they're pimping a visual gag where a guy tries to eat 3 large pizzas... on the radio. 

Is futureman Dan Bennett? Because this is stupid

God you're horrible.

In my head I starting running through, what I believe, would be the most shocking lineup developments to emerge on Monday.  One was bringing Rocco back and teaming him with Gordo from 10-12.  Then I starting wondering what happened to Rocco, so after a quick search, it appears he landed on his feet as a bartender in Santa Monica. 

Another would be David Robinson and Johnny Showtime bringing back the Hot Spot but on their first segment they throw punches to finally settle the ruckus from years past, then move on like nothing happened.

• Haha 1

Rocco had a weird dalliance with Critical Mass, the crazy cyclist group that brings traffic to a halt in cities and does other weird pro-cyclist protests. He also was oddly enough on CNBC and CNN speaking about stocks at one point. I think he worked for TheStreet.com. 

Edited by mdmost

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Being a bartender is not landing on your feet. Entertaining bringing that idiot back is gimmicky. It’s not happening. 

i cannot believe there are people that listen to either Fan drive time show over the Ticket. Oh wait, it’s Drew and Junior and a bunch of transplants. And you wonder why you constantly get treated like dog shit. There are good listener / host arguments!  Lulz. Nerd. I don’t want to hear from callers like you, unless you’re baited into radio gold like John in Plano. 

The fake Pat Mahomes dude that called in today during "Fantastic Friday Feedback" was great. But, yes, I agree with you. The FAN is jorts-wearing, nerd radio.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

From the link I just posted above (in the event you didn't scroll all the way down):

I'm more inclined to think major changes are coming because advertisers cannot be happy about paying what they have been to a station that has gotten it's ass handed to it in ratings 3 books in a row now. I can see Norm out and them looking for younger outside talent to come in over the next year. 

Hope Jake doesn't have gallstones because he'll be lucky to have not given himself acute pancreatitis if he does. 

7 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Hope Jake doesn't have gallstones because he'll be lucky to have not given himself acute pancreatitis if he does. 

Pancreatitis ain't no laughing matter. Led to the death of a good friends' 37-year-old cousin two days ago.

9 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Dan and Jake would have some gold moments but some really low lows.

Bob and Dan are a team. It's chemistry like Abbott and Costello. Tell me the great solo films they made. Unless there's some unknown animosity between them, I see no logical reason to break BaD up. Moving the show to 3-7, booting Corby to Jake's role and giving Jake the 12-3 slot makes more sense.

From an advertising standpoint, I'd imagine Bob is the best option to move over to the HL spot still be able to charge higher rates than if you brought over Jake. Jake sliding into Bob's spot also makes sense. He gets rewarded for his talent and loyalty. Bob can carry more weight on a show that badly needs sports knowledge. Danny is going to hate it which is kind of delicious. Bob seems very tough on producers which either makes Danny step up (not likely) or step away. 

Edited by mdmost