If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

21 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Is John in Plano not one of the best moments in Ticket history?  So many hilarious moments. My favorite part is @Grubes subtle “Appreciate ya pal” Norm drop after John states over and over be regularly listens to Norm. 

John In Plano

Greatness.  Back when Rhyner was so much more engaged.  And @Grubes was so genius.  Ah, the good ole days...

I'm going to preface this by saying it takes a lot of balls to get up in front of a crowd of people and sing songs. But the Rhyner doing Post Malone. People think that was good? He sounds like he's singing with peanut butter in his mouth. Am I wrong, guys?

Man, I love Rhynes. Always will. But he doesn’t even carry Petty tunes all that well. And I dig seeing Petty Theft.

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Catching up on the app. Fucking Midland as the biggest show of the week, George? I love the Musers but that is consistently the worst segment they do all week next to Peter King. 

Then he rips fernando's lack of music acumen. Geezus, george. Listen to anything you've ever done. 

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Catching up on the app. Fucking Midland as the biggest show of the week, George? I love the Musers but that is consistently the worst segment they do all week next to Peter King. 

Peter King is worse by a mile. At least you get some comedy from Gordo from time to time though that's gone down precipitously of late. I love using Gordo's sarcastic "Thaaaaaaaank Yoooooooou" when something shitty comes on the radio and my wife is in earshot. Haven't heard ABBA in awhile either.

But George isn't entirely wrong. Midland is a decent-sized modern country act. The music is pretty benign, somewhere between Nashville's poppy bro-country shit and the stuff we like. It's not terrible. It's also not a bigger show than the Eagles and I fuckin' hate the Eagles, man. Personally, he should've voted for Opeth.

57 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Saw midland at longhorn city limits. Thought they sounded like shitty George strait songs he decided not to release and they looked like Marty Mcfly in back to the future 3.

they certainly have a look...

https://hornsillustrated.com/photo-gallery-texas-football-vs-lsu-midland-concert-at-longhorn-city-limits/

2019-vlsu-jm-1-57-1024x682.jpg

2019-vlsu-jm-1-59-1010x1024.jpg

I guess doing a shitty Keith Whitley impersonation gives you old school cred these days. Go Midland.

And the Timewasters are fucking awful. Top to bottom.  Good on some of y'all for making these dudes feel good, standing in the crowd at the plano center with a little tear in the corner of your eye. "This is so great!"

• Like 2

I guess doing a shitty Keith Whitley impersonation gives you old school cred these days. Go Midland.
And the Timewasters are fucking awful. Top to bottom.  Good on some of y'all for making these dudes feel good, standing in the crowd at the plano center with a little tear in the corner of your eye. "This is so great!"

Court Boat is pretty fucking great, though.

I keep wondering if simple is doing a bit because he can't really be that dumb in meetings, can he? 

But then you can hear the immediate tension when Gordon says something to get under his skin and I think maybe he really is that fucking simple.