If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

3 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Tonight at Reconsider Loumge, a Hamilton cover band composed of fussy drivers: Lin Manuel Sedan Miranda

Ok killer

I put it on for a minute just to see if this Dan and Jake show has gotten better and it's them and Julie talking about some reality TV girly bullshit. Bob Sturm may be the most talented sportstalk individual in the history of the fucking universe

Robert Wilonsky getting a new job at Heritage Auctions.  Will still have a column at DMN.  He was a little verklempt talking about the last couple of years, dealing with cancer, immersing himself in work.  He’ll still do Intentional Grounding.  He’s a good dude.

• Like 1

Ok killer
I put it on for a minute just to see if this Dan and Jake show has gotten better and it's them and Julie talking about some reality TV girly bullshit. Bob Sturm may be the most talented sportstalk individual in the history of the fucking universe
My lamest posts are still better than any of the asinine horseshit that dribbles forth from your keyboard.

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Ok killer

Yeah, your opinion sucks.  That show isn't BETTER than Bob and Dan, but it's still pretty good listening.  The real win is the 3-7 where Bob has really helped it a great deal, and as said above, is very noticeable with him being gone.

• Like 1

Robert Wilonsky getting a new job at Heritage Auctions.  Will still have a column at DMN.  He was a little verklempt talking about the last couple of years, dealing with cancer, immersing himself in work.  He’ll still do Intentional Grounding.  He’s a good dude.
Wilonsky could talk for an hour about the history of some random inconsequential building in South Dallas and I'd be glued to the radio, I love listening to him talk about Dallas history.
  • Like 3

Same. 

Also, Medellin and Demaris on the Mavs post game actually starts the show with 10 minutes left because of the breaking NBA news. Had Sturm, Corby, and Jake call in. Though they, especially Medellin did really well. 

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

gonna be weird when one of them becomes a covid.  probably get a month of rotten radio, which wouldn’t be that bad, I guess. 

right?  cant imagine them letting bob back on the air without getting a test?

33 minutes ago, futureman said:

gonna be weird when one of them becomes a covid.  probably get a month of rotten radio, which wouldn’t be that bad, I guess. 

People here would still complain that they are playing too many clips of Corby, Jub, Danny, etc. 

Got in the car and still had it on the ticket from the 10-noon slot. Heard Danny saying this is overblown and not as bad as AIDS and nothing shut down for AIDS even though when you got it in the 80s and 90s you died. 

Guess Danny thinks this is an STD? Or he's just like the Italians were 2-3 weeks ago when they had a few cases and said F it no big deal we'll be ok and carried on as usual. Now their healthcare system is overrun, everything is shut down anyway, and they're choosing who to let live and who to send home to die. 

They should just talk about sports or bands or whatever banal thing they can find if they aren't going to do proper research on this. 

Also laughed when Corby was going over the monthly sports betting dollar numbers, as it pertains to March Madness.  Corby goes, "in August it's $250m, and then in September jumps back up to $400m." (I forget the exact numbers, but big bump in September) And he asked rhetorically, "What's in September?"

Danny answers, "Baseball playoffs?". This was moments after they had discussed how much money is bet on football in January and the Super Bowl in February.

Edited by LonghornSean

10 hours ago, Sparky said:

Emmitt or Berry 

Pete Rose HOF, yes or no

I'll kill your whole family.

8 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’s average on radio and a good writer.  That I don’t read. This board sucks him off way too much. 

"Too much"  of something huh.  Self-awareness is definitely not your strong suit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah. Like too much bullshit reporting of ratings. 

Going to 4 minute breaks and reminding the listener of that going into breaks

Breaking up a show after a 20 year run and moving the arguably the station's best host to afternoon drive

Running promo spots calling out the "Cowboys' flagship station" who they've pretty much never acknowledged and how they kowtow to Jerry 

Starting a "Power Hour" in afternoon drive with minimal breaks in order to hold on to listeners 

All that, combined with the fact that pretty one on this thread bitches non-stop about every show, with you being one of the most prolific bitchers

So many signs of stability.  And winning.  I admit it- I made it all up.

Edited by threesheets
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Going to 4 minute breaks and reminding the listener of that going into breaks

Breaking up a show after a 20 year run and moving the arguably the station's best host to afternoon drive

Running promo spots calling out the "Cowboys' flagship station" who they've pretty much never acknowledged and how they kowtow to Jerry 

Starting a "Power Hour" in afternoon drive with minimal breaks in order to hold on to listeners 

All that, combined with the fact that pretty one on this thread bitches non-stop about every show, with you being one of the most prolific bitchers

So many signs of stability.  And winning.  I admit it- I made it all up.

Okay only one of those are legit. 

Moving a good host to replace a legendary host? Nah, I'm calling bullshit on that.

4 minutes breaks? Sure...but I bet it's just coincidental.

They've been calling out the "Cowboys' flagship Station" for MUCH longer than a few months.  Think you're reaching there.

Now the part about them having a "Power Hour" is a legit reason for you to believe that.

BTW I don't discount your reporting of ratings.  Sure I think they're skewed...no way the Ticket is losing as badly as you are reporting, but I have no doubt that the Fan has closed and maybe even surpassed them at times.

Here's the simplest way to look at it, and hopefully a way that will piss off the fanbois the least.  The Fan has nearly twice the cume reach of the Ticket.  In a given week, the Ticket may reach a little under 300k listeners per week, while the Fan reaches a little over 500k listeners.  Good thing for the Ticket in its history, the most biggest ratings driver is TSL (time spent listening).  So even though the Fan reaches way more people, the Ticket has always led because people turn it on in the morning and leave it on all day, while Fan listeners have traditionally bounced around (including to the Ticket).

All the Fan had to do was get a few more people every month to listen a little longer.  And I also believe that when a person is new to the area, they gravitate toward the more "sportsy" shit when looking for a sports radio station.  It's not so hard to believe.  And there's no "at times" about it these days @Drew.  They've been consistently winning for 5-6 months now.  No idea if that will continue (the Fan has had a shakeup as well), but it is currently a fact.

And I didn't say they fired Rhynes in order to put Bob in his spot.  But I bet there's more to that story than has been told.  Even if it's only that he left because he saw the writing on the wall. 

Edited by threesheets
  • Like 1