If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

She’s not my favorite but that sucks.

Yeah it does.  I kind of wonder what all is behind the decision.  She has felt like a bit of the odd man out for the last few weeks.  It seems like she was the only one broadcasting from home for a while there, then she was having all kinds of technical issues and was kind of hit and miss as to whether she was even on or not, then she was maybe in a studio or somewhere other than home for a while, then she's gone.  It was never anything major, but noticeable enough that I remember thinking to myself that she might be getting some kind of special treatment because she has small kids at home or something.  She may have special circumstanced herself right out of a job.

Cumulus! The power of saving cash.  It was only a matter of time before the Ticket was impacted.  Sucks all the way around.  Julie has been great on SuperBaD Radio.  

Chicago media observer Roger Feder reported Wednesday morning that Cumulus’ “salaried employees will take three weeks of unpaid leave in one-week installments over the next 15 weeks. Others will take 90-day pay cuts, and a third group will be put on 90-day furloughs, starting April 16.” 

https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/business-and-law/cumulus-coronavirus-furloughs

Dan pulled the curtain back a little.  hosts are going to have to take 3 unpaid weeks off in the next 3 months because of COVID-19.  sounds like some of the hosts are proposing having an unpaid week but still staying on the air.  basically, work for free for a week so that the shows don't suffer.  lawyers are involved.  we'll see how it plays out.

Edited by Jive Turkey

Hahaha damn you @Dr. Beeper. And you know I'm going to take the bait every time.

I just think it's funny that streaming listeners think their behavior is the norm.  For the most part that's going to be reserved for the absolute most loyal listeners.  I've been a P1 since day 1 and the only time I stream is when I'm on the road and I get too far out of town to pick up the signal.  I'll occasionally yell at Alexa to turn it on when I'm getting ready for work, but I think I've done that once since this lockdown started.  I'm a little older than a lot of y'all sure, but I'm right in the middle of the Ticket's target demo.

To think that any radio station could possibly benefit from taking people out of their cars and off the road is absolutely nuts.  I'd be shocked if most stations were getting more than a third of their regular listenership.  And I know for a fact that stations ( again all of them, not just the Ticket) are lucky to get fifty cents on the dollar for the spots they're running right now.  

Edited by threesheets

I’d say I stream 95% of the time, the 5% being only when I’m in the car.  I don’t even own a single device (other than cars) that can pick up a radio signal.  Of course, I also don’t own DVD player, or get the newspaper or read printed magazines.  So maybe it’s just an age thing.

I’ve pretty much stopped listening to the ticket save for the occasional moment here or there running an errand, but even that has pretty much changed to music. No sports to talk about and honestly try not to let covid talk consume my day. Music is an escape, talk radio not so much. 

2 hours ago, Covri said:

I’ve pretty much stopped listening to the ticket save for the occasional moment here or there running an errand, but even that has pretty much changed to music. No sports to talk about and honestly try not to let covid talk consume my day. Music is an escape, talk radio not so much. 

Yep. It's straight Ticket (no music) for me in the car, which has given them about 5-6 hours of my time since this started.  That's less than two days' normally listening time.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

he’s a cunt and a coward.  he wanted a fresh start with a new handle.  I’m sure he’s been back for weeks. 

Ah...so, he's hiding in the CR bashing Trump to build up his rep before venturing out to shit all over the rest of the site?