If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Welp. Cody Jinks on for two segments for the Music Survey.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

koatee jenks!  yeewwwweeee

I just got to this week's music survey with Jinks and it doesn't appear that he's put in much effort so far.

From Peter Welpton:

Posted by

u/peet2

yup

1 hour ago

May Ratings

To follow up on last month’s posting, here are the latest sports talk ratings for May (from 4/23 - 5/20) that were released yesterday (6/9). As a note of interest this time frame falls deep in the midst of self-isolation, but includes NFL Draft coverage and the return of some live sports (NASCAR, soccer in Europe, etc).

Just to revisit because it continues to be a point of contention: these numbers represent both terrestrial and streaming numbers as reported by Nielsen. As discussed at length here and why I've been posting these, other stations (and published stories about the ratings) choose not to include streaming numbers which is favorable to their narrative. But cherry picking ratings is basically like only counting touchdowns and not field goals or extra points in football. In case you missed it last month here is the provided explanation from Nielsen’s website: "In the PPM ratings service, station refers to FCC- licensed AM and FM radio broadcasts in analog and digital formats, Internet streams of a licensed radio station, and HD Radio® primary or multicast broadcasts.” (Nielsen).

Now onto the numbers and details. Spoiler: another great month for “the little Ticket”.

As was in April, every show on the Ticket won their time slot over its sports talk competitors.

May represented the Ticket's best month in the last year.

In April 46% of the Ticket’s ratings came from streaming listeners, and unsurprisingly that increased in May to 49%.

M25-54

6-10a: Ticket 5.5 / Fan 4.1 / ESPN 2.1

10a-Noon: Ticket 8.4 / Fan 4.4 / ESPN 1.5

Noon-3p: Ticket 6.9 / Fan 3.7/ ESPN 1.3

3-7p: Ticket 8.3 / Fan 3.0 / ESPN 1.3

M25-54 / 6a-7p / March -> April -> May

Ticket: 5.3/#2 -> 6.4/#2 -> 7.3/#2

Fan: 3.8/#10 -> 3.6 #10 -> 3.7 #10

ESPN: 1.8/#24 -> 1.6/#24 -> 1.5/#23

And yes, the “Stream is Strong” and in May the stream by itself our performs the terrestrial ratings for the Fan in Noon-3pm and 3pm-7pm.

M25-54 / noon-3p

Ticket Stream 3.9

Fan 3.7

M25-54 / 3p-7p

Ticket Stream 3.8

Fan 3.0

• Like 2

so the way I understand the numbers is that that “8.4” from 10-noon just means that 8.4% of people listening to radio are tuned in to the ticket, is that right?  but there are many more people listening from 6-10 so even though the musers have a lower “share” in that time slot they still have a higher overall # of listeners, yes?  surely norm and donny don’t have more listeners than the musers. 

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

May represented the Ticket's best month in the last year.

In April 46% of the Ticket’s ratings came from streaming listeners, and unsurprisingly that increased in May to 49%.

M25-54

6-10a: Ticket 5.5 / Fan 4.1 / ESPN 2.1

10a-Noon: Ticket 8.4 / Fan 4.4 / ESPN 1.5

Noon-3p: Ticket 6.9 / Fan 3.7/ ESPN 1.3

3-7p: Ticket 8.3 / Fan 3.0 / ESPN 1.3

I think the fact that N&D Invasion keeps having huge ratings always blows my mind, but there are a ton of folks out there who *LOVE* Norm. I don't hate the show, but I don't go out of my way to listen either...compared to Musers which I rarely miss. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Donny has really grown on me. I don’t think he’s that dynamic, but it’s good to have a brother perspective on sports dominated by brothers, and, the more I’ve gotten to know him, he’s just a good dude that gets along. He adds a lot of value and I actually enjoy listening to him over the last few years whereas before I thought he was a net minus. 

you’re right that he’s not dynamic, and I don’t care at all that he’s black.  he’s genuinely just the nicest dude on the station.  hard not to like him.  corby is dirty oklahoma trash, same as junes.  gordon is a smug sonofabitch.  george is a good dude but more than that a red dirt moron.  jake is just a fucking dipshit.  and bob is the biggest fraud in sports talk radio.  it’s pretty much dan and donny at the top of the mountain over there at the little ticket. 

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

you’re right that he’s not dynamic, and I don’t care at all that he’s black.  he’s genuinely just the nicest dude on the station.  hard not to like him.  corby is dirty oklahoma trash, same as junes.  gordon is a smug sonofabitch.  george is a good dude but more than that a red dirt moron.  jake is just a fucking dipshit.  and bob is the biggest fraud in sports talk radio.  it’s pretty much dan and donny at the top of the mountain over there at the little ticket. 

How is Bob a fraud?  Don't disagree on the opinions of the others.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I wonder what Randy Cody or better yet Ed Carter thinks about these protests. 

Was hoping we'd at least get some Gas Cap Willy with regard to the rebel flag being banned by nascar.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

it would be great for gordon to let ed weigh in on the last several weeks but I doubt he has the balls.  in fact I bet old ed is having some heart problems. 

Yeah, the little ticket has swung things pretty far with regard to all of that.  I mean, god forbid they offend someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Gordo doing a special show tonight at 7 PM. It's going to a conversation between Gordo and his friend, Randy.

Randy Bowman is a Texas Ex and an attorney in the Dallas area. He'll probably mention some not so great times during his time on the 40 and issues surrounding Round up or whatever it was called back then. 

Corby seems to be taking delight in the UT football players’ demand that the Eyes be dropped. He couldn’t care less about this other than how it may help OU. Must be odd, though, for him to see college athletes who actually stand for something other than robbing and stealing and drug using and cheating and abusing. 

57 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

RIP Biggest Show Coming to Town.  officially replaced by Bands of Your Life.

Just got through it. Not a fan as I love the riffing during the running through of the bands. I know what they said but hopefully it won't be permanent once live shows start again in 2021 and they get tired of booking a new guest each week.

Here's the Knox City Knocker's (aka Dingu) List

Band he hates: 4 Non Blondes

Overrated:  Red Hot Chili Peppers (I'm not a fan either)

Under rated:  Nada Surf

Band he loves:  Wilco

Can listen to over and over:  Marvin Gaye

Made him fall in love with music:  Elvis Presley

Changed life:  Metallica

Surprised him: John Coltrane

Guilty pleasure:  Lizzo (mentioned Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus)

Should've seen by now: Dwight Yoakam

Great to see live: Radiohead

Good list IMO.

• Like 1