If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

i don't know if they play it on Rotten Radio, but Fake Norm read a poem/eulogy for Johnny Oates, who died of cancer.  it ended with Fake Norm gloating "Scoreboard.  Scoreboard."  i think Fake Norm rhymed it with Lord.  something to the effect of, "And now as you go to meet the Lord, all I have to say good friend is scoreboard.  Scoreboard."  so dark.  so funny.  i actually don't think they replay it much anymore.

My dad loves Norm, used to call into his shows back in the day and shit. Back when I was a kid I hated going to school and listening to him on my dads radio.

He was a day1 ticket listener mainly so he could bitch about them being nowhere near as good as Norm but high school meant I didn’t have to listen to his sports talk trash, Lol. Eventually we both found Gordo.

3 hours ago, futureman said:

love dan’s subtle shitting on the wnba.  what an irrelevant joke of a league. 

I never listened to BaD radio.... no.... really. Bob just does nothing for me. But since the switch, Dan has easily become my 2nd favorite tier 1 behind gordo. Guess I should have listened more. 

12 minutes ago, pops said:

I think Julie is probably a very nice person. But my God that was brutal. 

I'm about there on the stream. I expect it to be awful. I'll recap like I have the others.

It's been painful hearing them try and shoe-horn her into BaD segments during the playoffs like she's some sort of Stars/Hockey expert.

20 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

For near-lifetime Dallas guys like me who love history, this is a hell of a listen - and reminds me of the substance that really drew me to the Ticket in the first place (beyond the Gordo sense of humor). 

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It's been painful hearing them try and shoe-horn her into BaD segments during the playoffs like she's some sort of Stars/Hockey expert.

She kinda pressbox is. She was rinkside reporter and producer/host of Stars Insider for FSSW. Married to a Stars coach. Maybe not Razor Reaugh expert, but she's not uninformed. 

That said I can only imagine how bad her music takes are.

Julie Dobbs's "Music of Her Life" survey

Hates: Marilyn Manson

Overrated: Madonna

Underrated: Cory Morrow

Loves: Leno Bridges

Could listen to over and over: George Strait

Made him fall in love with music: Michael Jackson

Changed her life: Pat Green

Surprised her: Ghostland Observatory  

Guilty Pleasure: Taylor Swift

Should’ve seen live by now: Zac Brown Band 

Great to see live: Dave Matthews Band

It wasn't going so great and then crashed into the mountain on the last two.

Edited by C-Man

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

She kinda pressbox is. She was rinkside reporter and producer/host of Stars Insider for FSSW. Married to a Stars coach. Maybe not Razor Reaugh expert, but she's not uninformed. 

That said I can only imagine how bad her music takes are.

Yes, she has some credentials but brings next-to-nothing to the table. And maybe this isn't fair but her coming on to talk Stars a couple of hours after Razor really magnifies the gap in their respective knowledge.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m pretty sure I’m done with weird hardline after today’s double dose of trifecta talk. They’ve ratcheted that shit up to a nearly daily segment, and it’s been annoying as shit. I used to put up with it when it was at most about a once a week deal, but after Mike retired, it seems Corby has decided to make it a staple of the new show and it’s simply a fucking beating. Musers (Gordo in particular), Dan, and Danny are what keep me listening throughout the day, but trifecta talk and bad Norm takes have become instant tune out. 

My two simple requests are to make BITH full time (Sorry Norm, prayers are with you but it was time for you to retire many years ago) and kill (or significantly reduce) trifecta talk. Do that and I won’t swap over to pandora from 10-noon and 3-7. Do it, Ticket, as I’m sure my one tick-mark in your ratings is seriously affecting your bottom line. 

Posted by

u/peet2

yup

1 hour ago

August Ratings

Latest ratings are in, covering the time between July 16-August 12, and while the Tier One shows may occasionally go on vacation the ratings never stop.

Again. Yes, the “stream counts. Always has”. In case you missed it here is the provided explanation from Nielsen’s website: "In the PPM ratings service, station refers to FCC- licensed AM and FM radio broadcasts in analog and digital formats, Internet streams of a licensed radio station, and HD Radio® primary or multicast broadcasts.” (Nielsen).

Now, let’s slice this pie:

Norm&D, BaD Radio and Hardline all grew their leads against local sports talk competitors, but for the 1st time in as long as I can recall, the Musers (who were on vacation for an early portion of this window) did not.

That’s right, the Fan’s morning show did better in the month of August. Whoever wishes to report this, now may do so honestly and without having to pluck out a specific set of data to tell an incomplete tale. (Which is the whole point to this silly monthly posting). Fair play to them, let’s see what happens in September.

Demonstrating the importance and power of streaming in a post-COVID world, the Ticket hit an all time high in percentage of listeners via the stream at 53%. That is an amazing amount, but totally makes sense considering current at-home listening levels. I think I’ve made this comparison before, but in the good ol’ days it average just above 20%. The Ticket’s early efforts to build better access to listeners via streaming has paid-off.

M25-54

6-10a: Ticket 4.2/ Fan 4.8 / ESPN 3.1

10a-Noon: Ticket 7.5 / Fan 4.5 / ESPN 2.9

Noon-3p: Ticket 5.4 / Fan 5.0/ ESPN 2.4

3-7p: Ticket 6.4 / Fan 3.9 / ESPN 2.2

M25-54 / 6a-7p / July -> August

Ticket: 5.2/#5 -> 5.7 #5

Fan: 4.3#7 -> 4.5 #8

ESPN: 1.8/#19 -> 2.6 #16

how long has Donnie been doing spots for Texas Can Academy?  i don't listen to Norm and D much, but will catch the mixes occasionally.  i just turned it on, and Donnie did the whole "write off the car, not the kids" spot.  i'd never heard him do that before. it's always been Norm. if it's recent, maybe they're starting to transition some of Norm's sponsors to Donnie.  if he's done them for a while, then screw me.