If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

No idea what he said as well.  But McElroy is great on color. 

Not sure if this is going to be a regular thing because so far it's been a semi-weekly visit. I can't tell if Jake's doing it purposely or not, but there's some odd tension between him and McElroy as if they have some history between them other than just Southlake knocking North Richland Hills heads in yearly. They're about the same age so it makes me wonder if they bumped heads against each other chasing chicks while in high school. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

No idea what he said as well.  But McElroy is great on color. 

He came on and is very pro-SEC. Perhaps it's a you can't-bag-on-our-program/conference, only we-can-bag-on-our-program/conference thing but I felt he was taking some very back-handed shots at Texas football (I mean the state from HS on up to college). Plus, he comes off as a wannabe Joel Klatt. (Plus, I'll never get over the 2010 loss when Colt got hurt.)

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He came on and is very pro-SEC. Perhaps it's a you can't-bag-on-our-program/conference, only we-can-bag-on-our-program/conference thing but I felt he was taking some very back-handed shots at Texas football (I mean the state from HS on up to college). Plus, he comes off as a wannabe Joel Klatt. (Plus, I'll never get over the 2010 loss when Colt got hurt.)

He didn't say anything that I would take issue with about our program or the talent in the state of Texas. Top defensive talent does not stay in state or if they do stay, are not developed at Texas. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

hey, p1s, what’s the difference between an onion and a hooker?

I don’t cry when I’m cutting up a hooker. 

37 minutes ago, Lou said:

Hey P1s

What did the redneck girl say to her father after losing her virginity?

Get off me, you’re crushing my cigarettes.

Hey P1s

What do you get when you cross an elephant and a poodle?

A dead poodle with an 18-inch wide butthole.

I love the Big Black Cowboys Computer.

49 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He is a poor man’s Klatt. But he’s right about Texas. 100% correct. We are so far behind the best SEC schools it’s a joke. It’s odd this isn’t common knowledge amongst Horns fans, and instead we poke fun at them with “SEC SEC SEC” comments and talk academic shit while we fall further and further behind. 

There's a lot of hubris in the fan base and on this site that tends to put up a blinder to these facts. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think your comment is in support of my observation but cannot tell. I just don’t understand the academic smack talk when discussing our poor performances athletically, as a justification for not doing everything we can within the rules to win.  It’s a really weak excuse. 

People that come on the airwaves and point out our deficiencies shouldn’t be dismissed. 

It is. The criticism of Texas is completely warranted and correct. The academic smack talk is a defense mechanism to cover for our failings. We have a lot of bravado for a program with 10 years of irrelevance. You would think that would humble us but it doesn't. We need to put up or shut up. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He is a poor man’s Klatt. But he’s right about Texas. 100% correct. We are so far behind the best SEC schools it’s a joke. It’s odd this isn’t common knowledge amongst Horns fans, and instead we poke fun at them with “SEC SEC SEC” comments and talk academic shit while we fall further and further behind. 

McElroy comes off as a prick and a know-it-all but that's okay with me as I watch the game, because he does know his shit.  And when I'm watching and want someone who can, within 3 second of a play being run, dissect the ins and outs of its success or failure, I want him on the broadcast.   And that's what McElroy brings to a broadcast. He's one of the best.  

What the hell is a "poor man's Klatt"? 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

similar to klatt but lower quality. 

Yes, I understand the intent. I love Klatt, a lot, but McElroy is as knowledgeable and insightful.  Klatt just has 6 or 7 years on McElroy and has been in the business much longer.    Deservedly so, Klatt has worked his way through the ranks.  There's a slew of color guys like Danielson and Blackledge who will die off in the near future and you'll see the next line of color guys like McElroy moving up into the high(er) profile games.

But no one necessarily said that ABC / ESPN will put its best talent on its biggest showcases.   GameDay is ESPN's highest profile broadcast.  But it somehow includes Desmond Howard on the set who is arguably the biggest buffoon to ever get ahold of a sports-related microphone.  Zero insights who challenges the use of the English language along the way.

18 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Bevo_goes_after_Uga_ahead_of_Sugar_Bowl_

Fuck the SEC. You've been watching too much ESPN.

Edited by RPM

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rosen Rosen dropped an f bomb this morning that didn’t get dumped. It was about 30 minutes ago during a Bryson DeChambeau segment. Can still hear it on the app. It was quiet but it was audible. 

From what I've been seeing on Reddit, a lot of weekend shows are about to end as the local ESPN guys will start getting some weekend air time. 

I actually came to this thread because I liked the Jean-Jacques and McClaren show that was on ESPN from 9-1 but ended last Wednesday. They said they'll be doing weekend stuff at the ticket so I wondered who's getting bumped and how pissy it'll make you guys here. I gotta say I tried listening to some weekend stuff on the ticket a couple of times and it sucked ass. Jam Session will be an upgrade on what I heard. Two dumbasses on one show and a couple of fucks talking EPL poorly on the other. 

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Two dumbasses on one show and a couple of fucks talking EPL poorly on the other. 

sounds like country force and the kickaround.  you need to check out cirque du sirois and work in progress.  those shows are better than anything you’ve heard on ESPN. 

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I actually came to this thread because I liked the Jean-Jacques and McClaren show that was on ESPN from 9-1 but ended last Wednesday. They said they'll be doing weekend stuff at the ticket so I wondered who's getting bumped and how pissy it'll make you guys here. I gotta say I tried listening to some weekend stuff on the ticket a couple of times and it sucked ass. Jam Session will be an upgrade on what I heard. Two dumbasses on one show and a couple of fucks talking EPL poorly on the other. 

Cirque is great and you're a piece of shit if you think otherwise. I'm sure Wings 4 P will be a riveting show. I mean it consistently came in 3rd every ratings book. 

6 hours ago, AustinMT said:

So I’m walking the dog this morning, listening to the Ticket, and I hear a familiar voice.  Mark Elfenbein is now 7-9 on Sundays, Work in Progress 9-12.

That was definitely cool. He’s gonna bring up old Ticket memorabilia and talk about the old Ticket days on occasion. And he’s a Texas Ex. 

• Hook 'Em 1