If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

34 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I'm gonna duck and cover after posting this, but I was running errands yesterday and listened to JAM Session or whatever the fuck it's called.  JJT and Matt McLaren.  McLaren is pretty damn good.  At least good enough to make the fact that JJT is on the air tolerable.

I was riding back to the house when I heard them. 

I didn't punch out. 

25 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

Ty Walker on bands of your life a day early this morning. I chose not to subject myself to that. 

It was about as painful as you'd expect.

I'm Ty Wokker's Bands of Your Life List:

Hates: Dave Matthews Band

Overrated: The Rolling Stones (this is not a typo)

Under appreciated: Tears For Fears

Loves: Van Halen

Can listen to over and over: Men At Work

Made him fall in love with music: Bee Gees

Surprised him: Lynyrd Skynyrd

Guilty pleasure: Olivia Newton John

Great to see live: Def Leppard

I don't see that they asked -- or he answered -- band that "changed his life" or band he "should've seen by now."

Pretty sure this was Ty Walker in HS:

fQ2E3N.gif

26 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

They say Joe Buck will be doing it at some point soon. Hopefully they'll get Troy eventually too.

I guess I never reconciled this but when Troy blew up on Gordo a few years back during his weekly call in, I just assumed he was a no nonsense guy, but then Troy got Joe Buck on board by how funny the station was.  Does Troy think that George/Junior are funny sans Gordo?

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I guess I never reconciled this but when Troy blew up on Gordo a few years back during his weekly call in, I just assumed he was a no nonsense guy, but then Troy got Joe Buck on board by how funny the station was.  Does Troy think that George/Junior are funny sans Gordo?

Troy can get mad at a guy over something and still like the work he does. 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:39 PM, RPM said:

Listened to Elfenbein this morning. Wasn't horrible. He hasn't changed his email from Day 1 P 1... Elf1310@hotmail.com .

tenor.gif

Respect for keeping the email. Disrespect for everything else. He sucks.

5 hours ago, threesheets said:

I'm gonna duck and cover after posting this, but I was running errands yesterday and listened to JAM Session or whatever the fuck it's called.  JJT and Matt McLaren.  McLaren is pretty damn good.  At least good enough to make the fact that JJT is on the air tolerable.

You're not wrong.

On 10/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, C-Man said:

It was about as painful as you'd expect.

I'm Ty Wokker's Bands of Your Life List:

Hates: Dave Matthews Band

Overrated: The Rolling Stones (this is not a typo)

Under appreciated: Tears For Fears

Loves: Van Halen

Can listen to over and over: Men At Work

Made him fall in love with music: Bee Gees

Surprised him: Lynyrd Skynyrd

Guilty pleasure: Olivia Newton John

Great to see live: Def Leppard

I don't see that they asked -- or he answered -- band that "changed his life" or band he "should've seen by now."

Pretty sure this was Ty Walker in HS:

fQ2E3N.gif

I always wondered what else Ty does on the side for money.  Being a 50 year old ticker guy and weekend host can't pay the bills. I remember Elfenbein had a mortgage company or something or another, but if you're not super young like Mino or Blake I imagine you've gotta have some other gig going on. 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:42 AM, nolongerU2horn said:

They say Joe Buck will be doing it at some point soon. Hopefully they'll get Troy eventually too.

it needs to be a 1x a month thing not an every single week thing

or just have it as a pre-recorded bit with folks around Texas/DFW/wherever

21 minutes ago, futureman said:

sean tried to manufacture a not-listening e-brake during the world series segment.  it was very contrived and sad.  that guy is fucking useless. 

almost posted the exact same thing.  that was incredibly forced and transparent.

• Hook 'Em 1

So, did they ever really confirm where Jake and Dan got the rona?  Sounded like maybe Jake’s wife gave it to Jake and Jake gave it to Dan?  But then did I hear Jake say he and his wife are only ever around their parents so they don’t know where they would have gotten it?  What a shitty and weird virus.

The only thing they kinda confirmed is that Jake's wife may have been the first to display symptoms. Given the fact that Dan was much more out there than Jake (ie going to the gym, his wife having friends visit their house, daughters with their own lives,  etc) I'd still lean towards Dan giving it to Jake, but who knows. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

On 10/19/2020 at 9:10 AM, threesheets said:

I think he's good. After listening to the Cirque show last weekend I think a fill in with him and the main Sirois guy would be solid stuff. Or a beer podcast episode with both of them

• Like 1