If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

LOL at Tony's "Dancing With the Stars" running contest. Pretty well thought-out if you ask me. (This is among the worst recurring segments in Ticket history.)

Not as bad as bands of your life. Fuck.. I'm assuming next week will be the chick that runs the parking garage at he station 

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2020 at 5:56 PM, mdmost said:

Posted by

u/peet2

Ratings Update and Hardline Insight

renderTimingPixel.png

Hey everyone - it’s that time again. Sorry about missing last month, but all the info for this and the previous month are below. Frankly, the point of posting this data was made awhile ago, so not sure how important this is to do every month.  That said, with the topic of the new Hardline that has happened in this space of late, some additional data has been included that should settle any debates.

Now, details:

• We're picking up with two months of data, September and October. September covers the meat of the NBA and NHL playoffs, but more importantly, October is both the beginning of the Cowboys season and the Stars’ Stanley Cup run.

• October ends up being the Ticket’s best single month in over a year with both AM & PM drive hitting #1 and the pair of midday shows pushing to #2. The Stars Cup appearance also drove Ticket night’s to #1.

• Normally in this space, we make mention of a run of vacations or some sort of programming interruption. Here though, it’s important to note this is also a run of the Tier 1 shows at continuous full power. 

You’ll find an update to the normal set of numbers below but before that, with the recent discussions here on r/theticket, concerning the changes to the Hardline, some factual data comes in handy.

No one is asking for leniency (and no one is giving it) for the monumental task of having to build chemistry in the market’s most high profile radio time slot - along with that whole ‘covid killed sports for four months’ thing.  It's totally fair game to pass judgment and have opinions, but in running a Feb-Oct comparison of the Hardline - 2019 vs 2020 - everyone should know the Corby/Bob pairing is doing just fine, thank you.

Hardline Feb-Oct '19 v '20

FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT
2019 8.6 8.6 8.9 10.8 6.0 5.2 5.7 5.2 4.2
2020 6.7 5.2 7.4 8.3 6.8 5.7 6.4 6.1 9.5

Update on the ratings

October

• 6-10a: Ticket 9.2 #1 / Fan 5.3 #6 / ESPN 1.9 #14

• 10a-Noon: Ticket 8.5 #2 / Fan 5.9 #5 / ESPN 1.4 #23

• Noon-3p: Ticket 7.3 #2 / Fan 6.1 #4/ ESPN 1.4 #23

• 3-7p: Ticket 9.5 #1 / Fan 3.8 #8 / ESPN 2.8 #17

M25-54 / 6a-7p / July -> Aug->Sept->Oct 

• Ticket:  5.2/#5 -> 5.7 #5 -> 5.5 #5 -> 9.2 #1

• Fan: 4.3#7 -> 4.5 #8 -> 4.7 #8 -> 5.3 #6

• ESPN: 1.8/#19 -> 2.6 #16 -> 2.1 #18 -> 1.9 #18

@threesheets

A773EAE0-08A4-4E2F-8650-E47443953FA2.gif

21 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

"Do you like those 3 Super Bowls?  I hope you do.  I hope you do very much."

maybe 10 years after the last one, Jerry could get away with that.  but not 25 years.  good for those Fan guys for pissing him off.

Thing is they weren't even being confrontational in the slightest. Just asking normal questions for a team that's imploding and appears to quit on the field. But just like his fat buddy Jerry can't help but be a little bitch when pressed with perfectly normal and professional questioning on an interview he chooses to do. I guess at least he didn't get up and walk out but he's definitely cracking

• Fuck You 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:09 AM, Landomatic said:

Anyone else notice the boos when the commissioner was talking following the WS last night seemed just a little too loud to have just been the live fans?  Had to be @Grubes um "helping"...right?

It’s possible FOX supplemented but I didn’t play any crowd noise at all starting with game 3 of the WS. The new park is LOUD. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

He did a bit where he played jerrah’s helicopter pilot.  It was surprisingly good.

Yup. I was surprised how funny he was. He's had that in the folder just waiting for a chance.

Get some!

tenor.gif

Edited by RPM

Ken Bethea (Old 97’s list)

Hates: Grateful Dead
Overrated: Prince
Under appreciated: The Hold Steady
Band Made you fall in love with music: Queen
Band I can listen to over and over: REM
Band you love: The Rolling Stones
Band that surprised you: Twenty One Pilots
Guilty pleasure: The Carpenters
Great band to see live: The Clash

It’s at least interesting to hear real musicians’ selections on this. The “traffic girl” and attractive country DJ not so much.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:41 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ll allow that. I won’t allow the Dead. Queen, REM and Stones solid picks. I’m surprised Rhett wasn’t on to talk over Ken and basically talk about himself the whole time. 

I love The Old 97’s and Rhett’s Ticket appearances make me second guess all of that. 

Yup.  Old 97s have definitely become a thing where I have to separate the art from the artist because Rhett seems like a douche.