If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

15 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Man, Sturm was desperate for Patterson to know he’s a serious X’s and O’s Football nerd and not just some dude in the next cubicle.

This is something he does with almost any football guest he has on

Did Bob mention 22 personnel? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's all the business between sports. So intersport commerce. 

yeah but today he was talking about federer coming back. “federer returns from injury. he is chasing jimmy connors. and that’s sports biz!”

I guess I just don’t get it. /greggo

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ve been confused by this sufferin’ succotash sputterer for years.

I’m also confused by the ad (only on the stream) that is a 3-second song that has no apparent tie to the preceding or following ad. Its lyrics are like “something something story, (we are?) expressions of love.”  And then onto an unrelated commercial. I’m so confused. 

We have Zapruder film studied that and determined it is a commercial most likely put out by a florist society (that's a thing?) and the jingle is something like "Shop florists (?) your expressions of LOOOOVVVVVEEE!"

Edited by mdleast

19 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Man, Sturm was desperate for Patterson to know he’s a serious X’s and O’s Football nerd and not just some dude in the next cubicle.

This is something he does with almost any football guest he has on

The only one he can't do it to is klatt because klatt has no time for his bullshit. 

I think I'm reassessing bobs big sports brain. I think he either memorizes or remembers a bunch of facts and buzzwords. That's it.  There doesn't seem to me any meat on the sandwich. 

And honestly,  if he was intelligent would he really let his kid go to aggy over Texas or Wisconsin?   I get it if he were an alum. The cult is strong. But he's just a carpetbagger. Makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m also confused by the ad (only on the stream) that is a 3-second song that has no apparent tie to the preceding or following ad. Its lyrics are like “something something story, (we are?) expressions of love.”  And then onto an unrelated commercial. I’m so confused. 

3 hours ago, mdleast said:

We have Zapruder film studied that and determined it is a commercial most likely put out by a florist society (that's a thing?) and the jingle is something like "Shop florists (?) your expressions of LOOOOVVVVVEEE!"

McShan Florist ... For your expressions of looove.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, pops said:

And honestly,  if he was intelligent would he really let his kid go to aggy over Texas or Wisconsin?   I get it if he were an alum. The cult is strong. But he's just a carpetbagger. Makes no sense. 

I've been working on the theory that his kid isn't so bright and felt the academics at aggy were more her speed.

I guess Rick Carlisle is the one that fucked Juniors ex-wife. He literally just lied through the whole segment, even when Gordo was trying to reign him in. Andrew Bogut audio, just what everyone wanted this morning.

1 hour ago, CBT said:

I guess Rick Carlisle is the one that fucked Juniors ex-wife. He literally just lied through the whole segment, even when Gordo was trying to reign him in. Andrew Bogut audio, just what everyone wanted this morning.

What's the actual story? The only thing I've heard about this was from their segment this morning

10 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

What's the actual story? The only thing I've heard about this was from their segment this morning

I don't think there is much of a story.  I only caught the tail end this morning and googled it when I got to work.  Apparently Carlisle and several other coaches were critical of the firing of ATL HC Lloyd Pierce citing mostly his off the court work for social justice and ignoring his shitty record overall.  From what I heard of the musers I got the impression that he was fired for political reasons, but the actual story makes it seem like he was fired for on court reasons, but those speaking out think his off the court work for social justice should outweigh his on court performance.

No. The Musers were saying Carlile was wrong for stating Pierce shouldn't have been fired because of all the work he did off-the-court with Georgia politics (turning Georgia blue). They were saying a mediocre coach shouldn't be retained if he's mediocre on the court but does great things off the court. Carlile is the president of the NBA Coaches Association. I would imagine Carlile is sticking up for a fellow coach because he's similar to the head of a union. Pierce was heading into his 3rd year with a losing record. Overall he's 63-120 in his tenure as Hawks coach. 

But yes, I'll grant Junior has a bug up his ass about Carlile and the Mavs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No. The Musers were saying Carlile was wrong for stating Pierce shouldn't have been fired because of all the work he did off-the-court with Georgia politics (turning Georgia blue). They were saying a mediocre coach shouldn't be retained if he's mediocre on the court but does great things off the court. Carlile is the president of the NBA Coaches Association. I would imagine Carlile is sticking up for a fellow coach because he's similar to the head of a union. Pierce was heading into his 3rd year with a losing record. Overall he's 63-120 in his tenure as Hawks coach. 

But yes, I'll grant Junior has a bug up his ass about Carlile and the Mavs. 

Thanks, I started listening out of context and assumed they were referring to the firing as political, not the retention.  I don't think this is even a story they cover if Carlisle isn't involved.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, threesheets said:

To tell my daughter where she's going to school based on what I like?  Keep counting.

You're right. It's a subjective opinion that Texas or Wisconsin are on the same level academically as aTm. And you shouldn't have a rational discussion re same with your daughter. 

Well it is subjective depending on what she plans on studying.  And telling your teenage daughter who's lived in Texas her whole life to leave everything/everyone she knows and move to Wisconsin is definitely some rational shit. 

It's also kinda silly to expect a transplant from Wisconsin that went to to school in Virginia to see things through the eyes of a Texas grad.

Edited by threesheets

Plus, there's also the notion that some kids just don't want to go to a big city school. Some enjoy that small town aggy life style. Especially those from a fairly religious family. Even Bob mentioned he never really set foot inside Austin. I'd imagine there's a bit of "Austin is too liberal/weird" Baptist mantra going on in their circles. 

On 3/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, threesheets said:

Congrats on y'all not having daughters. 

On 3/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, threesheets said:

To tell my daughter where she's going to school based on what I like?  Keep counting.

Must depend on the daughter.  My step daughter literally picked her school based almost solely on which one her father wanted her to go to, despite her mother's and my wishes.  Granted, she has daddy issues and all she's ever wanted from him is the attention she never gets.  But that's another story.  So, maybe be thankful your daughter's daddy issues aren't as bad as they could be.

In most cases, whoever is willing to pay for it has the final say in where the kid goes to school.  Don't want your daughter to go to aggy, tell them they can pay for all of it themselves.  All the sudden UT and Wisky start looking much better.  Outside of a full ride or a court mandated tuition agreement as part of a divorce decree (I'll let you guess which one I fall under), I can't see where this wouldn't be the case.

2 hours ago, threesheets said:

Well it is subjective depending on what she plans on studying.

Outside of veterinary medicine, not so much.

Let's not sit here and pretend that choosing A&M over Texas is some drastic misstep as far as paths to success go.  They're both very good schools, and the difference is fairly negligible to anyone outside of supporters of the two.  I will say that the culture at A&M is not something I would want for my kid.  But it seems like the progressive nature of Gen Z would have to be improving that for the better (no where to go but up).

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Must depend on the daughter.  My step daughter literally picked her school based almost solely on which one her father wanted her to go to, despite her mother's and my wishes.  Granted, she has daddy issues and all she's ever wanted from him is the attention she never gets.  But that's another story.  So, maybe be thankful your daughter's daddy issues aren't as bad as they could be.

I've always supported/had a great relationship with both my daughter (and my wife), so she has no daddy issues or need to do stupid shit to please me.  But she's only a freshman so we're early in the process.  She really has no idea where she wants to go yet (outside of her dream of playing soccer somewhere in southern Cali).  But as we get more into it I'll certainly offer my thoughts and advice, point out pros/cons she may not see, all of that.  But I can't see a choice she would make where I'd put my foot down and give an ultimatum, outside of telling her she can't do something because the cost makes it logistically impossible.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2