If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Was out running around this afternoon to get a haircut and a couple other things. Bob was out, I guess. Danny/Corby is utter JV radio.

Did they talk about anything other than the fucking Grammy’s? They were apparently headed into a third consecutive Grammy segment when I punched out.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Was out running around this afternoon to get a haircut and a couple other things. Bob was out, I guess. Danny/Corby is utter JV radio.

Did they talk about anything other than the fucking Grammy’s? They were apparently headed into a third consecutive Grammy segment when I punched out.

sounded like a weekend show. terrible. 

On 3/13/2021 at 11:58 AM, mdmost said:

Plus, there's also the notion that some kids just don't want to go to a big city school. Some enjoy that small town aggy life style. Especially those from a fairly religious family. Even Bob mentioned he never really set foot inside Austin. I'd imagine there's a bit of "Austin is too liberal/weird" Baptist mantra going on in their circles. 

The Bryan College Station Metro Area has a population of 273k people

A&M has an undergrad enrollment of almost 54,000 students

let's not act like there is anything about A&M/BCS that is "small town" anymore.

not aimed directly at you, just have folks here locally who talk about it all the time and it annoys me

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

That's why the hardline in its current form can't work. Corby and Danny just do whatever and Bob tries to have a real sports show. Oil and water. Fuck,  I'd move boom in the house to drive time at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can't dump this:

https://unijokes.com/joke-13424/

Spoiler

Little Johnny is sitting in class, the teacher is going over vocabulary words. She asks the class to use a word in a sentence. The teacher says the word is "contagious".

Johnny is waving his arm up and down, no other students have their arm up. The teacher figures there is no way Johnny can come up something rude for this word, and she calls his name to use the word in a sentence.

Johnny says the other day, my dad and I were driving down the freeway and woman was painting a billboard, she was using a very small brush.

The teacher says "what does this have to do the word contagious?"

Johnny says "my dad turned to me and said: 'Son it is going to take that "cunt-ages" to paint that billboard with that little brush!'"

The teacher says, "never again!"

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Sirois will be joining Corby today on the Hardline.  should be a lot more listenable.

I know sirois has the admittedly earned rep of being the drunk yuck monkey, but I think he is damn good. This is the best the hardline has sounded since probably the last time he filled in. 

I know sirois has the admittedly earned rep of being the drunk yuck monkey, but I think he is damn good. This is the best the hardline has sounded since probably the last time he filled in. 

Sirois is tier 1, works well with literally anybody on the station (save Monty fantasy baseball audio gold). Loveable yuck monkey but not afraid to dust up

3 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Lol at corby saying Marfa is the 3rd most popular bachelorette party location in the country

he wasn’t serious, right? surely not.

oh wait, nm. corby. I read it first as jake for some reason. fuck corby, what a useless asshat. 

Edited by futureman

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm not a big Danny fan but the Pig Pen today was great. Especially for someone who grew up listening to some of that shitty music. 

I caught this also and thought it was great. Improving! 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Was Kawhi playing?

Fake Salt Bae gotta a laugh out of me. And I know I'm in the minority but Welpton's got something. At least when he talks about tech stuff. I thought the discussion on TV rights/money was good. 

9 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah well, it’s better than The Bands of Your Life bit (which you seemed pretty into)...but that didn’t stop them from running that thing straight into the fucking ground.  Both had a shelf life of about 1 or maaaaaybe 2 times.

Not really into per se. I liked to note some of the participants' really shitty (and lots of times predictable) taste in music. I was not a fan after they swam through about 10-12 logical choices.