If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

42 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Is it the ticket app where you can replay an episode? 

sportsday ticket app has the top 10.

thehangzone.com has WTDS, hang zone opens, and some popular segments. 

usaveit app you can listen to anything you want but I think you have to pay. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

When does Junior’s wife let him go back to work?

curious about this as well. sean is terrible. that guy needs to find a job that lets him do sports only and he’d probably be pretty good at it. but being a muser requires more range. why didn’t they get doocy for this week?

Edited by futureman

3 hours ago, futureman said:

curious about this as well. sean is terrible. that guy needs to find a job that lets him do sports only and he’d probably be pretty good at it. but being a muser requires more range. why didn’t they get doocy for this week?

I actually didn't despise Sean this week as much as usual. I feel he tries to insert himself too much when he's the "Ticker" guy. Hey, bud, chill. Let the game come to youu. We've got Jub, Junes and Gordo on air. We don't need your spare ass to talk.

I might be in the minority but I'm not a huge fan of Doocy as a fill-in, especially if ALL the Musers are out. I like that he is willing to make fun of himself (a lot) but his schtick doesn't really work for me.

And, wait? Junes' wife didn't have the baby until last night and he was already out on paternity leave? He'll be lucky to be back on air before Xmas.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, C-Man said:

And, wait? Junes' wife didn't have the baby until last night and he was already out on paternity leave? He'll be lucky to be back on air before Xmas.

Have you ever had a kid? He had vaca in the bank plus whatever the Cumulus package has embedded. Guess after he passes out cigars in the waiting room it's time to get back to work? 

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

Have you ever had a kid? He had vaca in the bank plus whatever the Cumulus package has embedded. Guess after he passes out cigars in the waiting room it's time to get back to work? 

I've got two actually. I worked up until basically the moment my wife went into labor and went to the hospital. I probably took a week off after to help but then went back to work. I assumed his wife had the baby over the weekend, which explained his absence this week with the Musers back from Oxnard. Then I see she had the kid last night.

• Like 2

I hold nothing against a Dad taking time off for the birth of a child. Give him a couple weeks minimum. This is 2021 and he's not the only heart surgeon in the state.

Plus, we now have a new 8:40 character. Baby Junes.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

Junior needs to rush back so he can talk on the radio and have people on the internet flaming him for almost every segment. Who needs that once in a lifetime period with your newborn when you can come back to talk about the Hall of Fame game. 

This isn’t the brag that you think it is. It’s actually the opposite.

I didn’t take that as a brag. I did the same. It was important for me to get back to work. I’m very envious of guys that can get months off to help out. That’s not the reality for most of us. Especially for business owners. I’ve got a brother that gets 6 months for each kid and he can space it out however he wants. That’s a brag.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Junior needs to rush back so he can talk on the radio and have people on the internet flaming him for almost every segment. Who needs that once in a lifetime period with your newborn when you can come back to talk about the Hall of Fame game. 

Eh a week is cool for that after that you know as well as I do that your newborn doesn't give a fuck about you.  He/she is in for the boob, the shits and the sleep and mom brings the boob.  Be there to support and help the mom sure, and yea get your interaction time with the kid.  The baby gets a lot cooler and the interactions more meaningful after about 6 weeks when baby gets out of the "What the fuck just happened to me?" stage.  And it isn't like Craig isn't home by 11am when he works anyway.  I've known a lot of dads who have done the take a week and then come back and take any paternity leave they get a few months down the line.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:
This isn’t the brag that you think it is. It’s actually the opposite.

I find it a little odd you thought that was an attempt at a "brag"? (BTW, what is the opposite of a brag?)

Edited by C-Man

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

deposition jub was great this morning.  that story is amazing.

ah fuck, i missed it.  what was the context? hopefully it's on the Top Ten.

Bewm in da House today.  Norm is having shoulder surgery.

Donnie is out on Monday.  Dan is out on Monday.  10 to noon is supposed to be Sirois and Norm.  noon to 3 is Sirois and Jake.

but if Norm can't go on Monday because of his surgery, then it's Sirois and Jake from 10 to 3.

Eh a week is cool for that after that you know as well as I do that your newborn doesn't give a fuck about you.  He/she is in for the boob, the shits and the sleep and mom brings the boob.  Be there to support and help the mom sure, and yea get your interaction time with the kid.  The baby gets a lot cooler and the interactions more meaningful after about 6 weeks when baby gets out of the "What the fuck just happened to me?" stage.  And it isn't like Craig isn't home by 11am when he works anyway.  I've known a lot of dads who have done the take a week and then come back and take any paternity leave they get a few months down the line.  

First 6 weeks are a vacation for the dad. Kid sleeps 16-18 hours a day. They should allow you to space out paternity.

In any case, Junes has been there 25+ years. I’m sure he has plenty of vaca.

Concert Calendar sucked once Rhynes left.  Danny is in charge, and instead of going through all of the concerts for the week and riffing on them, he picks 4 or 5 that he wants to talk about, and that's it.

Concert Calendar used to be my unofficial start of the weekend. 

"and, at the Reconsider Lounge . . ."

after i heard that, it was time to get the weekend going.  but not after they changed the format.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Concert Calendar sucked once Rhynes left.  Danny is in charge, and instead of going through all of the concerts for the week and riffing on them, he picks 4 or 5 that he wants to talk about, and that's it.

Concert Calendar used to be my unofficial start of the weekend. 

"and, at the Reconsider Lounge . . ."

after i heard that, it was time to get the weekend going.  but not after they changed the format.

all of this is true. 

Yesterday's Musers gold sans Junior and avec Julie is the way of the future. She brings a lot. They need to work her in on mornings more often. Breaking up the sausagefest isn't a bad thing. If she wanted she could do a morning drive gig on another station in a heartbeat. Home life is the thing holding her back. Work around it and take what you can get. She would be a great morning Ticker person.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, RPM said:

Yesterday's Musers gold sans Junior and avec Julie is the way of the future. She brings a lot. They need to work her in on mornings more often. Breaking up the sausagefest isn't a bad thing. If she wanted she could do a morning drive gig on another station in a heartbeat. Home life is the thing holding her back. Work around it and take what you can get. She would be a great morning Ticker person.

I am a Julie fan but she didn’t bring much when she was a fill in host with Dan. tickers and chiming in are just right for her. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RPM said:

She literally just quit her job as the midday ticker person. I sincerely doubt she’d be interested in showing up before 5:30am to do the same job on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

Right. Not making enough to make up for missing the time with her young kids is not going to be improved by taking a lowly paid Ticker spot in morning drive with worse hours than middays. It takes a special breed of person to want to get up at 4:30 to get to the station to do a 5:30 ticker. Not to mention the logistics of doing morning drive with 2 young kids and a husband who travels on the road from October to May each year. And Sean isn't going anywhere.