If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

maybe.  maybe not.  there has to be some reshuffling though.  but i remember now that someone had said bob needs to take over for norm and that makes the most sense.

Why would there have to be reshuffling when Norm is gone? Donovan and Sirois 10-noon.

There is a less than zero chance Bob takes a massive demotion from afternoon drive to 10-12. 

Also they are completely dominating the ratings

45 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Why would there have to be reshuffling when Norm is gone? Donovan and Sirois 10-noon.

There is a less than zero chance Bob takes a massive demotion from afternoon drive to 10-12. 

Also they are completely dominating the ratings

probably right. 

16 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

So the morning show was obviously the championship team, afternoon drive was solid. Midday was weakest by far and I found myself tuning out of the stream.

Jake corralling Cobby helped a ton and Gordo is basically allowed to be himself which is gold.

Agreed on all. Jake is really good. He demonstrated today a simple change would do wonders for the station: switch Bob and Jake. 

So the morning show was obviously the championship team, afternoon drive was solid. Midday was weakest by far and I found myself tuning out of the stream.

Jake corralling Cobby helped a ton and Gordo is basically allowed to be himself which is gold.

Agreed on all. Jake is really good. He demonstrated today a simple change would do wonders for the station: switch Bob and Jake. 

17 hours ago, futureman said:

yeah someone else mentioned it a while back but after Norm dies on the air during a broadcast Bob needs to take 10-noon with Donny and just talk sports and be the loser he is in the shitty time slot.

That was me. Or Beeper. 

On 12/8/2021 at 5:09 PM, Angry Gorilla said:

What did Norm say in his poem that had to get dumped?

it was Danny doing that computer voice.  she asked:  "Hey George. Do you like to fuck?"

brought the house down.  George with big time laughter.  Jer was freaking out.

Hang Zone played it today, i think.

Edited by Jive Turkey

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Ya that’s Effin brutal

To be fair, not that much worse than Bob & Corby.

Just listened to the end of 3-7 White Elephant and OMG was that funny. I'll kick your ass, George!

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Dry Dock is upon us. Cirque was on this morning. And next Friday for afternoon drive?

I didn't think it could get worse than country force. 

This will be a strong challenger. At it's worst it might even challenge the worst radio show in history:

Friedo and Steve Dennis

• Haha 1

Just now, Jive Turkey said:

Afternoon Jub is so good. I hope he loses Picks with Friends and has to sleep at the station for a couple of nights. He would make the Hardline more listenable. 

Listened to him on THZ yesterday and he's given up. Already planning how he'll set things up and there will be Late Night Georgio.

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Let me get this straight, unless I’m mistaken Julie Dobbs mentioned Auburn QB Bo Nix has entered the transfer portal but did NOT hit on Quinn Ewers committing to Texas last night in her most recent Ticker.

i heard that, too.  i rewound just to make sure she completely skipped it.  yep.  hopefully the Hang Zone mention it today.  they won't discuss it since it is Cowboys Monday, but i bet they do a segment about it later this week.

4 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Also a commenter on the My Ticket Confession blog is claiming another Tier 1 is leaving during dry dock and not coming back. Sounded like they were hinting at a Muser

if it's a Muser, i would think it has to be Junior.  he's a dad now.  his schedule is probably all kinds of fucked up right now.  he probably wants to spend more quality time with the fresh babby.  and Junior has always talked about how much he'd love retirement.  although not sure he'd retire quite yet.  he should easily be able to find a sports media gig with normal hours.

i didn't have this on the bingo card.  not sure who they get to replace Junior if it is him.  i'd love for it to be Gen X Davey.  Sirois should be next in line, but you'd think it's for Norm.  maybe they try out a bunch of guys like they did when Greggo left.

anyway, here's what nolongerU2horn is talking about:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Expect another departure when the Varsity return from DD. 'Cept this time it'll be an actual Irish Goodbye, unlike Mike's.

That is all. Carry out the plan of the day and keep jammin'.

December 12, 2021 at 11:00 PM

Plainsman+--+Flynn.jpg
Blogger The Plainsman said...

Wouldn't surprise me to see a Muser take a walk, now that they have their Marconi. And Bob has substantial professional opportunities beyond The Ticket.

How about a hint, 1100?

19 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i heard that, too.  i rewound just to make sure she completely skipped it.  yep.  hopefully the Hang Zone mention it today.  they won't discuss it since it is Cowboys Monday, but i bet they do a segment about it later this week.

The later Tickers have mentioned the Ewers commitment.

4 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Also a commenter on the My Ticket Confession blog is claiming another Tier 1 is leaving during dry dock and not coming back. Sounded like they were hinting at a Muser

Jr signed off with the Mike Rhyner sign off Thursday. But that seems a bit too on the nose to be real

I don't get Craig retiring now because of the kid. I think I read that Natalie stopped working and you'd think it's even more important to keep the gig at this point though he's no doubt banked substantial money over the years.

If he really is retiring, not sure I want to see Jake and Dan pulled apart. They're so good together. I think sliding Sirois into the Musers might be preferable if it keeps Jake in middays. Jake, however, would be good with Jub and Gordon. I dunno.

• Hook 'Em 1

I doubt anyone is leaving just because reddit rumor says so. 

Miller makes no sense because of the baby and working his time slot is the best for having a child. It sleeps during most of his show then he can spend time with the kid the rest of the day and they all go to sleep by 9 p.m.

If he were to leave my preference is move Corby to the musers. Gordo brings out the best of Corby and that could be a very solid show. Then I'd move Hang Zone to afternoon as the best show on the station and have a mix of Cirois and Donovan at noon. Bob goes to an all serious sports show with Norm at 10. 

Of course ego and financials would never allow that to happen but it would be the best lineup imo

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

listening to Sturm talk aggy recruiting (and recruiting in general) is painful.  he thinks they're landing all of these 5 stars solely because they finished #5 in the COVID season.  had to tune out.

Work in Progress has 3-7 all next week.

Painful listening to them talk college recruiting. They have Dettamore on staff and he is on a Texas podcast. Bob bringing Medellin to talk F1 would be like him asking me to be on to talk soccer because I watch Ted Lasso. 

Edited by XForce
Fat fingers