If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 1/23/2022 at 4:30 AM, Catdaddyhorn said:

In Jake's specific case he doesn't give a fuck. Being younger he got a ton of reaction, criticism, and negative feedback early on in his career on Twitter and it toughened him up.  Bob on the other hand had a specific type of sports centered feedback when he was on Bad Radio and hasn't dealt well with the criticism he's received since moving to the Hardline. Part of it is a sign of the changing times with politics dripping into everything, but a good deal of it has to do with engaging with a somewhat different type of audience on 3to7.  

Bob is a thin skinned little cunt. He's like 13 year old girl that thinks twitter is real and represents the opinions of most.

The other day he was talking about words he's blocked on Twitter and one was aggy. A grown ass man can't process well deserved shit for being a bandwagon t shirt fan. I just think he has the social interaction skills of a teenager from growing up in such a weird ass bubble. Makes a lot of sense why he would embrace the aggy cult. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, pops said:

Bob is a thin skinned little cunt. He's like 13 year old girl that thinks twitter is real and represents the opinions of most.

The other day he was talking about words he's blocked on Twitter and one was aggy. A grown ass man can't process well deserved shit for being a bandwagon t shirt fan. I just think he has the social interaction skills of a teenager from growing up in such a weird ass bubble. Makes a lot of sense why he would embrace the aggy cult. 

Exactly what I was thinking. As I was listening to Bob during that segment, I was like, holy shit, are you really admitting this out loud?  I really, really don’t like the guy. He is such a thin-skinned bitch.

Weekly Hang Zone podcast is nice to catch things you might have missed.

Musers tease an upcoming Mavericks segment, citing how they are playing great defense etc. Yet, Junior just reads from a month old article about Rick Carlisle’s fall. Which had already been covered on his show so Junior could claim he’s a genius. No current Mavs talk.

Junior is such a bitch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

Somehow Bob worked with Dan. I don’t know if he was actually better back then and has gotten worse or I just ignored him more because Dan and Jake or previously Donny made it good. But this iteration of HL with Bob, Corby and extra Danny is unlistenable. I immediately shut it down after WTDS. 

That’s because corby is absolute trash. Dan was a good foil for Bob’s seriousness. Danny is now the best part of THL which is unbelievable 

Corby was a terrible yuck monkey who benefitted from Greggo’s sudden demise. He is not a good broadcaster nor funny nor interesting. He is woefully uninformed about just about everything he yammers about except what he pulls off the wire and reads.

The continued success of the Ticket is remarkable in that most of their audience is unaware that their radio has a dial.

15 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Corby was a terrible yuck monkey who benefitted from Greggo’s sudden demise. He is not a good broadcaster nor funny nor interesting. He is woefully uninformed about just about everything he yammers about except what he pulls off the wire and reads.

The continued success of the Ticket is remarkable in that most of their audience is unaware that their radio has a dial.

thats a terrible take as well.  Corby was great not good in his previous role with the hardline. 

go somewhere else for your sports talk.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Corby was a terrible yuck monkey who benefitted from Greggo’s sudden demise.

I give credit where credit is due. Corby was an exceptional yuck monkey. The Rant was home to some Corby gold. Everything else you said is true.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I give credit where credit is due. Corby was an exceptional yuck monkey. The Rant was home to some Corby gold. Everything else you said is true.

Yup. Most of his wireless interviews were classic. As a tier 1 host he is just plain lazy. You would think if it’s on the run sheet he would at least do some research. It’s maddening.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TexPx said:

As a tier 1 host he is just plain lazy.

Fact. It's like the old saying I heard when I worked construction, never give them 100% because they will expect that every day. Give them 75%, they'll be happy and you won't bust your ass. Corby has embraced this fully, only he's at 50 - 60%. Still gets that check and when he occasionally decides to put in a little effort it looks like gold.

• Like 1

I am of the belief that Gordon Keith scripted 90% of the shit Corby did as a yuck monkey in the morning before he left for the day. “Here’s your shit Corby. Don’t fuck it up.”

As Danny and Corby are basically the same role, it’s just overbearing at times. Maybe they should have moved Dan with Bob to drive and let Corby and Danny do a show at 10pm.

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I am of the belief that Gordon Keith scripted 90% of the shit Corby did as a yuck monkey in the morning before he left for the day. “Here’s your shit Corby. Don’t fuck it up.”

As Danny and Corby are basically the same role, it’s just overbearing at times. Maybe they should have moved Dan with Bob to drive and let Corby and Danny do a show at 10pm.

I dont think you're wrong. Some of corbys best yckmonkey bits were at superbowls or other events where they were all together. 

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Your takes in just about everything suck ass. You’re basically a more grammatically sound Drew. 

23 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Mike should have sucked it up, sent Greggo to rehab, and brought him back

Probably. But I think greggo burned a lot of bridges. I've lost one of my best friends to blow. Not dead.  Just changed and lost everything and didn't want help from anyone. It's a different kind of addiction and I can understand why Mike said bye. 

Probably. But I think greggo burned a lot of bridges. I've lost one of my best friends to blow. Not dead.  Just changed and lost everything and didn't want help from anyone. It's a different kind of addiction and I can understand why Mike said bye. 

If you go back to the Richie Whitt Dallas Observer article way back, Mike immediately turned his back on him and didn’t even talk to him. We know more about addiction now but even then he should have spent five minutes to try to understand it. Coke is a motherfucker having been in the music biz in the 70’s I’ve lost too many friends to every kind of substance abuse. But had the company put him on leave and sent him to a top drawer rehab they might have rescued him. They made great radio.

6 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

If you go back to the Richie Whitt Dallas Observer article way back, Mike immediately turned his back on him and didn’t even talk to him. We know more about addiction now but even then he should have spent five minutes to try to understand it. Coke is a motherfucker having been in the music biz in the 70’s I’ve lost too many friends to every kind of substance abuse. But had the company put him on leave and sent him to a top drawer rehab they might have rescued him. They made great radio.

With every post here and elsewhere on this board you lock in the fact that you're a dipshit.

23 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Except that it wasn't the first time Greggo apparently fucked up. Rhynes was done at that point. I know Richie Whitt personally. Worked with him for a number of years and I like the guy. But he carried Greggo's water for a long time in The Ticket/Greggo split and then got burned himself when they were at The Fan, IIRC.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

53 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Except that it wasn't the first time Greggo apparently fucked up. Rhynes was done at that point. I know Richie Whitt personally. Worked with him for a number of years and I like the guy. But he carried Greggo's water for a long time in The Ticket/Greggo split and then got burned himself when they were at The Fan, IIRC.

Bingo. Greggo's fuck up's were numerous and were escalating. It was his 5th or 6th chance and Rhynes was tired of trying to rescue him and the show.

• Hook 'Em 1

Whitt learned his lesson after carrying Greggos bag during that split. Even after his firing from the fan was all “Greggo is a liar and I’ll never trust him again”

It was bad. It was funny from the outside because we weren’t a part of the travel, remotes, pre-show meeting drama and everything else.

We got a lot of drop gold thanks to his meltdown but fuck that noise that The Ticket cut bait after one slip up.

• Hook 'Em 3

Whitt learned his lesson after carrying Greggos bag during that split. Even after his firing from the fan was all “Greggo is a liar and I’ll never trust him again”

It was bad. It was funny from the outside because we weren’t a part of the travel, remotes, pre-show meeting drama and everything else.

We got a lot of drop gold thanks to his meltdown but fuck that noise that The Ticket cut bait after one slip up.

I did not know of the previous fuckups prior to the late show to the remote. If that’s the case fuck ol Gregho

15 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I did not know of the previous fuckups prior to the late show to the remote. If that’s the case fuck ol Gregho

Yeah dude, where have you been? All of Greggo's out of nowhere fuckups, that ultimately became drop gold are mostly due to him being high on air. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:32 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Such bullshit. You do realize how many warnings he’d received?  You’re a moron at every turn. 

On 1/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, C-Man said:

Richie gets a lot of shit from the Ticket and it’s partly from that article. Rage wasn’t terrible, the Fan back then was better than it was today. I felt a little bad when Greggo fucked things up again because it meant Richie was going to be out of a job. 
At least he got Sybil’s best years. 

On 1/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, C-Man said:

I had completely forgotten about that Richie Whitt and Greggo show on the Fan. I don't remember what they called it but I remember they would always rail on dudes in white trucks for some reason. It was a weird show