If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

5 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Jake definitely has/had some contract thing going on.

yeah, during the Wake and Jake yesterday with Dan and Monty, Dan said that maybe Jake was on a baby-making retreat.  no way he would have said that if there were baby issues with his wife.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

yeah, during the Wake and Jake yesterday with Dan and Monty, Dan said that maybe Jake was on a baby-making retreat.  no way he would have said that if there were baby issues with his wife.

yep I heard that too. But I also never underestimate the cluelessness and/or inappropriateness of Dan

Jake probably had more leverage than you might think on the surface.  The station is aging.  Yea they got Sirois waiting in the wings, but I would hazard a guess that in the next 5 years they are losing Norm and Miller and if Craig goes George and Gordo might decide it's time to stop waking up at 4am in the morning and enjoy a little of being older as well.    I think Dan, Bob, Corby and Donny have a bit more run in them given their age and family situations but the place is gonna turn over a lot over this decade (or end altogether)

Jake probably had more leverage than you might think on the surface.  The station is aging.  Yea they got Sirois waiting in the wings, but I would hazard a guess that in the next 5 years they are losing Norm and Miller and if Craig goes George and Gordo might decide it's time to stop waking up at 4am in the morning and enjoy a little of being older as well.    I think Dan, Bob, Corby and Donny have a bit more run in them given their age and family situations but the place is gonna turn over a lot over this decade (or end altogether)

Agreed. The tenure of these crews is unheard of in modern radio. If Greggo hadn’t fucked up I would say Mike’s retirement would have been the first major change. That’s a benefit, and now becoming a liability. They will have to bring some new DNA; a lot of it is getting old. These guys were starving when it started and now they’re all rich and comfortable and routine. It’s amazing Gordo never left town with all that talent.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think Jake also has some leverage because he's the cheaper ad spokesman. I swear ad buys are why Norm is still kept around. Think of how much revenue walks away when Norm is gone. I don't see Justin being a spokesman anyone desires getting. Sirois could do that but I don't think he and Dan would work well together. He also doesn't bring the knowledge Jake does for sports. 

17 minutes ago, bizzle said:

it took me a year to accept this, but bob and dan should be together noon to 3, jake, corby and sirois as the hardline, and i don't give a shit what happens from ten to noon because i'm usually on a call. 

Go Away GIF

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

it took me a year to accept this, but bob and dan should be together noon to 3, jake, corby and sirois as the hardline, and i don't give a shit what happens from ten to noon because i'm usually on a call. 

Just move bob to 10-12 and let him run wild with a hybrid kick/skate around. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

The Hang Zone is better than BaD Radio.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Just move bob to 10-12 and let him run wild with a hybrid kick/skate around. 

This. His e-brake win with Followill demonstrated a total lack of awareness. He is so bad. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

The Hang Zone is better than BaD Radio.

No doubt. If long-term Sturm isn’t on 10-12, the station will be failing itself and us. 

Edited by Porterhouse

4 minutes ago, statsman said:

Thin skinned? What about?

I'm guessing Corby and Danny making fun of his e-brake win and Bob just doubling down saying 2 minute "set-ups" to questions are ok and that he doesn't see a problem with what he did.  Except with the tone of a 4-year old.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Assman said:

I'm guessing Corby and Danny making fun of his e-brake win and Bob just doubling down saying 2 minute "set-ups" to questions are ok and that he doesn't see a problem with what he did.  Except with the tone of a 4-year old.

That about sums it up

11 hours ago, Assman said:

i generally don't mind bob, but that entire segment was really petulant on his part. he may just be that tone deaf to his occasional obnoxiousness. 

and george is going to be amazing as he gets loopier today.

• Hook 'Em 1

The segment yesterday with Bob talking about how he discovers new music by Shazam'ing songs from commercials. Corby made the claim that he mostly thought the songs in commercials aren't real songs. WTF? What a weird take. Like if it's not a song he recognizes, it's just a song specially made for a commercial. And we're not talking about jingles.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 3:13 PM, Surly Bevo said:

What makes you think Miller is leaving anytime soon? Just had a kid- seems like he’s here for the long haul unless you think he’s gonna retire to spend time with his family.

7 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

What makes you think Miller is leaving anytime soon? Just had a kid- seems like he’s here for the long haul unless you think he’s gonna retire to spend time with his family.

Well he's probably the personality on the station that over the years has talked most about "when he retires" so it has always seemed like it is on his mind.  And yea he's got a kid and he's an old man now who has to wake up at 4am in the morning and also is likely the most physically active with regard to his biking (something I see him keeping up).  I don't think it is something on the immediate horizon but once his kid gets past 5 or 6 yea I can see him being a bit exhausted trying to keep it all going and the money isn't likely an issue.  He can do side bits etc and still make cash.  

Of course his marriage could also fall apart since he's gay and all and he could pour himself into the job as a distraction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well he's probably the personality on the station that over the years has talked most about "when he retires" so it has always seemed like it is on his mind.  And yea he's got a kid and he's an old man now who has to wake up at 4am in the morning and also is likely the most physically active with regard to his biking (something I see him keeping up).  I don't think it is something on the immediate horizon but once his kid gets past 5 or 6 yea I can see him being a bit exhausted trying to keep it all going and the money isn't likely an issue.  He can do side bits etc and still make cash.  
Of course his marriage could also fall apart since he's gay and all and he could pour himself into the job as a distraction.

His smokin hot bride quit her job at Fox4 in order to spawn and be a mom. He’s an old guy to be a new dad. He also had quite a bit of time off for his parental leave. Sometimes it’s hard to dive back in. Hard to leave a great gig though.

Can't believe they were offering George an early out from the station quarantine if he broadcast from 10pm-10am tonight. He'd never be able to do it anyway, but even if he did no one would be able to listen to all of that. As Sirois said, there's more to be gained having George around for the other shows than broadcasting alone in the middle of the night.

11 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Can't believe they were offering George an early out from the station quarantine if he broadcast from 10pm-10am tonight. He'd never be able to do it anyway, but even if he did no one would be able to listen to all of that. As Sirois said, there's more to be gained having George around for the other shows than broadcasting alone in the middle of the night.

how long does he have to stay tomorrow? I thought he was done after the musers tomorrow.