If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

4 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

What's the deal with Wilonsky? Didn't someone here always claim that he was a fraud as far as his Dallas bona fides?

I don't see how. He grew up here, went to UT, then worked elsewhere post-college (LA I think), and returned to Dallas in the 90s. Don't disparage the former host of Ultimate Trailer Show. 

17 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I for sure have read someone or multiple people claiming that he couldn't have been in certain times/places he describes in his past. I felt like it was here or at the Shag but maybe it was elsewhere

What time frame are you referring to? He graduated UT in 1990. 

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

I heard the tease but didn't hear the segment.  What was his idea? 

A stupid one-game elimination mid-season tournament that he thinks everyone will love and really care about. No real reason why fans and players would care except that Michael Jordan is involved.  

Something about him saying “Jordan Cup” 20 times during the segment really grinds my gears. 

14 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

A stupid one-game elimination mid-season tournament that he thinks everyone will love and really care about. No real reason why fans and players would care except that Michael Jordan is involved.  

Something about him saying “Jordan Cup” 20 times during the segment really grinds my gears. 

The fucking playoffs in basketball and baseball should be best of 3s all the way through. They play way too many games in the playoffs too. 

11 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Didn't hear the segment or Junior's specifics, but hasn't an idea like that actually been floated by the NBA/Adam Silver, at least in some conceptual fashion?  I know Followill has tweeted about something like that before.

There is some sort of idea for a mid-season tournament and I have no fucking clue why anybody thinks it's a good idea at all.

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

She’d leave him over a haircut but not over having tits?

I'm going to go on a limb and say his wife is a couple of bills north of Instagram Ho fighting weight. They are rural country white people so being fat is expected.

Having the haircut of an early 90s California skater freak show, on the other hand, is crossing the fucking line. 

7 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Dry dock hell, the hockey post game guys from noon to three.

Much better than the golf or soccer goons. Or Rhads. 

I'll be listening to the Fan a lot more this week. I know they don't do ratings books for this time but for some reason those guys don't go on dry dock all at once. That may be a contributor to why they lost ratings to them as during the summer dry dock when the Ticket shows sucked the Fan ones are still the same so people switched over.

Something about pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. If the next ratings book show them behind again they might want to rethink this whole thing and put some more fucking effort in.