If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

16 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Julie really is a female TC. Horrible if she actually has to do a show but it's great for a little bits and making fun of her like they used to TC. it just sucks because they're not as ruthless with her as they were with TC due to the whole female me too thing. 

...or maybe it was because they had known TC for like 10 years?

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I like Julie in her role on the show(s).  TC was terrible and only good for being a punching bag.but 

isn't that all Julie is good for too? Anytime she has to bring any kind of legit broadcasting it's absolutely horrible. I guess she does better promos than TC but that's about it. She is generally a lot more likeable though which makes it not as fun to punch her in the cunt as it was to TC. 

The Davey bit about her and traffic girl eating each other's tacos was pure gold. Especially because she didn't like it. 

• Like 1

Did I just hear correctly that, even if the Cowboys win today and somehow clinch the division and a post-season appearance with an 8-7 record, there will be no post-game show on the radio (and instead one must go seek it out on Facebook Live) due to Stars let’s listen to the TV feed hockey on the radio?

What do you think Office Space’s Michael Bolton would think about that?

081f83bb99342ea9b471084b88ff401f.jpg

Truth be told, it was actually this same type of situation that put Stars on the Ticket on my hate radar. Many years back now the Cowboys had finally made it past the wild card round for the first time in several years. I was excited to tune in to the Ticket to hear them break it down and celebrate...only to realize they had just started a Stars game and they did absolutely no post-game show. Not even on of their sister stations. For a station that completely over-saturates Cowboys discussion otherwise, I still find that so puzzling that they went with no coverage that day (and of such a historic event relative to where the Cowboys had been).

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Corby has some thoughts on dry dock.

I'll be listening to the Fan a lot more this week. I know they don't do ratings books for this time but for some reason those guys don't go on dry dock all at once. That may be a contributor to why they lost ratings to them as during the summer dry dock when the Ticket shows sucked the Fan ones are still the same so people switched over.

Something about pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. If the next ratings book show them behind again they might want to rethink this whole thing and put some more fucking effort in. 

Add during the most important part of the cowboys season these "sports talk hosts" can't even be bothered to do their formulaic 5-6 hours of work the several days around Christmas. Nope, while everyone else including professional athletes (except teachers) is expected to do their jobs in the holiday season these worthless lazy fucks think they're above it. 

I hope the Fan slaughters them in the next books too and keeps slaughtering them. Force some changes and for these lazy fucks to get out of their spoiled, bitch ass attitudes like this. 

How much Cowboys analysis do you need? 

None of it matters. Nothing. 

Is there any chance that Jerry is going to stop talking while the coach is still in the locker room?  Is he going to be a hardass GM? Is he going to stop being himself? At this stage in his life?

Those are the only questions that matter.

Yes Jerry, some owners write checks and not much else, but that doesn't feed your ego the way getting on the flagship station does. You can't feel good about yourself if someone else gets credit for success on the field. That's why you have defended this fucked up mess, because it's yours. 

8-8. 

I don't need to see who they draft, who they get as coach, or any analysis of anything on the field. All I need to know is if Jerry is still in charge. We're stuck in this loop until he gets out of the way. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NoName said:

people listen to The Ticket for sports opinions? do you really want fucking CORBY breaking down the Cowboys game? who here thinks Rhyner even watched the entire game start to finish? Do you want to hear Junes break down Kellen Moore's playcalling? 

oh come on arrested development GIF

Increasingly around the metroplex people listen to sports talk radio for sports opinions. The recent ratings slaughtering the ticket has taken is showing that. They've ridden a wave of staleness far longer than they should have been able to but now the Dallas sports fan listener is making a statement. Being a condescending fuck wad on social media to listeners asking you to do your fucking job during the biggest sports time of the year in DFW is a bold strategy.

GIF by Giphy QA

40 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Increasingly around the metroplex people listen to sports talk radio for sports opinions. The recent ratings slaughtering the ticket has taken is showing that. They've ridden a wave of staleness far longer than they should have been able to but now the Dallas sports fan listener is making a statement. Being a condescending fuck wad on social media to listeners asking you to do your fucking job during the biggest sports time of the year in DFW is a bold strategy.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Lmao at the losers who ‘need’ the regulars to break down cowboy talk. wtf kinda insight do they provide.

And who are the poors having to bust ass working these last two weeks?

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

Busiest time of year for the company I own is mid October through mid January so you better believe outside of a few days around Christmas and Thanksgiving I'm fucking working. 

The time of year when the metroplex sports fan is most dialed in is also October through early January for the end of Cowboys season. They don't feel it's important to connect with the metroplex fan anymore, and now the ratings are showing the metroplex fan is connecting more with The Fan. You got to know your fucking business and your fucking audience and recognize when both change. 

Edited by Junior Miller